Crashing when traveling to Kabuki or Little China

+
So since I picked up the quest, Fortunate Son, I keep crashing when I go near Kabuki or Little China. Doesn't matter if i fast travel or drive there myself.
When quick traveling the loading screen appears, starts loading and then just crashes to desktop.
When I go there, driving myself. The game just freezes for a second and crashes.

I get the general crash message, nothing specific.

Anyone have had this happen before?
It's been the only real problem i have encountered with the game.

You could try the suggestions from CDPR support:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1700/my-game-crashes-7 (it's also possible to contact them via this website - click on "Contact us")

You could also try loading a different savegame to see if the problem exists there too.

I have tried the suggestions on that page and your own. Still doesnt work. I mean it's strange that the game worked when I had my quests there and now, after is spend some time outside of the city it is bugged.

Any way of reverting to patch 1.03? So I can try if maybe it's the patch that introduced this issue? Since i crept up around the time of the patch.

Last edited:
Hotfix 1.05 should be available on PC soon. Might be worth waiting.

Don‘s think there‘s a good way to revert back to an older version. Maybe there‘s a trick to that but it might also depend on the store you are using to play the game (Steam, GOG...). But I don‘t know.

TLDR: Verify integrity of your files.

Discovered this little problem myself today, after 1.05 and downloading the latest Nvidia Driver.

I loaded a much earlier save and lowered my video and graphics settings to the lowest possible (Fullscreen) to test entering the area with no success.

The CTD Area inside of Westbrook Japantown encompasses:

The north side appears to be from where Channel and Capitola cross over to Silk Road and Capitola.
(South of Metro: Monroe Street and Fourth Wall)

The west side goes from Silk Road and Capitola, through Redwood Market, down to Crescent & Broad.

The east side continues from Channel and Capitola (the splitting street bridges), through the Joytoys and the Ripperdoc, all the way to the waterfront and into the river...

And this is when it got fun.

Continuing through to City Center Corpo Plaza, cutting right in front of the Outlaw GTS buy spot near the bridge that connects City Center Corpo Plaza with Westbrook Japantown and through onto the actual circle inside of Corpo Plaza...

That was when I decided it had to be something else and verified the local files.

Same as after the previous patch, it came back saying it was missing 2 files (15 GBs)...

[***FYSA: the ladders in the river between Watson Little China and City Center Corpo Plaza are too short to reach/use if you're stuck in the drink... Fix this, please! Had to swim over to the Akuma to get back on dry land.***]

Thanks for the reply, I've tried to verify the files (again) after update 1.05 and i still have the same problem.

I might try and reinstall the entire game tomorrow... but I doubt it will work.
I've restarted on a new character and hopefully i dont have that problem anymore. I guess my save is broken. Just a shame i almost finished most side jobs... oh well.

Top Bottom