Crashing windows

+
Crashing windows

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 22048MB RAMRadeon X1600I bought The Witcher today. During the opening movie Windows is crashng to a Blue screne, thats isnt up for long enough to read. Windows then restarts. If I skip the movie The crash wil happen as soon as I click OK to the pick up sword dialog. I followed the new and improved FAQ post with no change. Any Help is appreciated.I have tried with and without patching.

Most blue screens are related to memory problems such as not enough RAM or your virtual memory runs out. If your probs alrady been answered than good but if not thought this might help since most people usually don'tk now squat about system requirements and expect their pc to just be able to play a game because the guy at the store said it could. Also a blue screen error could mean your Hard Drive has currupted files or that it's missing files that could have been lost do to a unwanted deletion of a system.32 file etc.. usually going to the start menu and going to run and typing in chkdsk will help restore some of these lost files. Hope this helps

Since it happens during the opening movie, do you have any codec packs installed?Those things can cause havok on any system, and I've experienced the same problem with other games on an XP based system.

Top Bottom