crazy idea here but maybe cyberware and iconic weapons should scale with player level (ie upgrade automatically)

+
the amount of crafting materials to bring iconic weapons up to snuff is absurd once you take a weapon that you've had since nearly the start of the game, despite the fact that the items are unique the very nature of the loot system and progression (as well as the cost of upgrading through crafting) in cyberpunk goes directly against any sort of permanence when it comes to gear. in a world where everything is disposable even iconic weapons end up joining the scrap heap sooner or later.

maybe the amount needed should be reduced, but this solution would make the crafting tree pointless imo.

I think they want the loot to be part of progression. They expect you to just throw most of the weapons away as you progress. It's only in end game that you need to really spend your time picking the best weapons for your playstyle, and even then they expect you to go to the last mission and then the game ends.
I don't think they were expecting people to just keep playing the game and perfecting their characters. It doesn't seem to be something they planned for :)

Having some way for crafters to hunt for the specs they want would also be welcome. Refreshing vendors gets tedious.

Also, some guns don't have iconic versions, which kinda sucks. Personally I want to rock an iconic Quesar, but sadly none seem to excist.

I think they want the loot to be part of progression. They expect you to just throw most of the weapons away as you progress. It's only in end game that you need to really spend your time picking the best weapons for your playstyle, and even then they expect you to go to the last mission and then the game ends.
I don't think they were expecting people to just keep playing the game and perfecting their characters. It doesn't seem to be something they planned for :)
I have thought the same after inspecting skills and such as well as the amount of gear you loot and how frequent you switch weapons after a fight.

Skippy the iconic smart pistol levels with you, the other iconics can be recrafted into higher tiers or keep upgrading them but it's expensive for materials doing this although certain perks in the crafting tree can help with the costs and one gives you a chance at upgrading for free but they're pretty deep into the tree.

Worth doing with some of the iconics as some have really great perks on them.

Last edited:
the amount of crafting materials to bring iconic weapons up to snuff is absurd once you take a weapon that you've had since nearly the start of the game, despite the fact that the items are unique the very nature of the loot system and progression (as well as the cost of upgrading through crafting) in cyberpunk goes directly against any sort of permanence when it comes to gear. in a world where everything is disposable even iconic weapons end up joining the scrap heap sooner or later.
They usually have blueprints that let you craft them to your level. But there's one smart weapon that you can find that automatically scales to your level no matter when you use it.

I have thought the same after inspecting skills and such as well as the amount of gear you loot and how frequent you switch weapons after a fight.
I'm just going through the missions to clear them off the journal. After every mission I only keep the highest damage items and sell everything else. I'm not going to upgrade anything until I get all of my stats, and abilities, to their max. If that's even possible with the number of missions available :)

Top Bottom