Creative use of Magne Division

+
Creative use of Magne Division

This is just a thread for interesting ways of using the Magne division with other cards.

The card can be a bit of a double edged sword as you don't want to give your opponent a copy of a decent bronze in their Deck.

So far one of my favourite uses is to play The Guardian to get some lesser guardians at the top of their deck. It's more effective if the the Guardian is killed before the round end as what you want is the lesser guardians being at the top of the deck and not mullioned. From that point on, you can keep using your Magne Divisions and you will keep spawning lesser guardians to your opponents hand. (Unless they find a way to draw a card.)

Lesser guardians are now bronze cards so that's what makes this kind of play possible.

P.S. This play can also work nicely if you are using Lambert, as he'll do damage to all of the copies.

If the opponent no longer has any cards, you still can draw more with Magne. Nice finisher after milling your opponent, but difficult to effectively pull off.

4RM3D;n9424191 said:
If the opponent no longer has any cards, you still can draw more with Magne. Nice finisher after milling your opponent, but difficult to effectively pull off.

It's quite effective against the new ST mulligan deck, but i've struggled with the milling strategy against factions like NR who like to pack a fair few more cards.

It's always an idea to pack a couple of the new Alba Armoured Cavalry just so you can check what cards you're going to be duplicating if you know you're not going to mill someone down to zero.

I've been trying to rack my brain on how to use them effectively but so far the only real impact I've seen is what 4rmed has mentioned. I never cared running the mil deck.

Can somebody else confirm, since the update, Magne Division doesn't spawn bronze cards in multiplayer? I have contacted support, they took me for an idiot explaining how the card works...

Toxic_Holocaust;n10067341 said:
Can somebody else confirm, since the update, Magne Division doesn't spawn bronze cards in multiplayer?

Magne have been changed rather drastically in the Midwinted update:

Magne Division now plays a random Bronze Item from your deck.

Toxic_Holocaust;n10067341 said:
Can somebody else confirm, since the update, Magne Division doesn't spawn bronze cards in multiplayer? I have contacted support, they took me for an idiot explaining how the card works...

I just played two of these in a Casual Match and it seemed like nothing happened both times. I just started playing the game but it looked broken to me. I came to the forum to see if anyone else had the same problem.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Donald_Trump69;n10157502 said:
I just played two of these in a Casual Match and it seemed like nothing happened both times. I just started playing the game but it looked broken to me. I came to the forum to see if anyone else had the same problem.

Magne Division only works when you have a bronze item in your deck. I haven't had any issues with the card, so far.

Magne Division -> Wyvern Scale Shield is 22+ points
Magne Division -> Ointment -> Spotter is 27+ points
Magne Division -> Mastercrafted Spear is 22+ points

Set it up with Glorious Hunt (or Nilfgaardian Knight or any of the 11 power silvers) + Emhyr Var Emreis + Vesemir: Mentor/Mandrake

Peter Saar Gwynleve can add 3 more but it is dangerous to wait the extra turn in most matchups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom