• bring a breath of fresh air to the game

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • have interesting or unexplored mechanics

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • may reduce the complexity of Gwent in exchange for more exciting games

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • are rather uninventive, the game is oversimplified

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • water down Gwent to the point where I don’t feel playing the game for much longer

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I don’t have enough information to judge the changes yet

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Creativity and new cards design

With the imminent addition of more than 100 cards and the rework of the existing card ensemble I would like to ask you how do you feel about the changes.
In particular, how do you rate the “creativity” of the card design.

What I noticed is that

- there is an increasing number of cards that do damage for X and put Y points on your side of the board,
- longstanding effects have been mostly removed from the game (Trollololo, Champion of Champions, Harald,…),
- the difference across the factions has decreased, having the very same effect featured on a different artwork e.g. cards like Drummond Shieldmaiden, Alba Pikeman, Arachas, New-Dwarf-I forgot-the-name),
- a niche card like Quen has been removed.

The new and reworked cards...

I'm more worried about the existing card changes and giving each faction the same effect. One example would be the mustering trio, like Temerian Infantry. Sure ST and monsters had it too, with a slight twist however now for SK Shieldmaidens have been reworked to have the same effect, except they don't have any synergy with anything, while nilfgaard got it aswell with the alba pikemen.

I wouldn't mind this change much but at least if they had something special about them. The shieldmaidens could have kept their damage, at least 1 dmg per unit, without the injured requirement. Alba pikemen worked fine i guess, that effect is completely removed from the game.

The same goes with other units, i think each faction now has a unit that boosts by 6, for nilfgaard is the Combat engineer. They lost their resilience ability and have a crew tag for no reason.

This update is just aweful. That was a best card game I've played and now... sorry to say that but I think I'll no longer play this game :( As a UI/UX designer I know a point of your decisions, I know that you're preparing a game for mobile devices and most parts of the game need to be responsive but that new UI is just ugly. Smaller cards, new ugly animations, the game is much slower because of it. I hope this is just a test for mobile devices and you will create two different clients at the end.

Top Bottom