Crimson Curse – new cards revealed!

+
Those 3 new cards are definitely interesting, the first on its own will propably be almost unplayable, given the massive amounts of removal people run and a 3 point body being extremely low.
However with Organics (which there is no other incentive to run in masses thus far) it can reach 2 points per turn, which is regular Gernichora Slyzard value (which has 1 more point to remove, 1 less provision and blocks the Fruits from being used elsewhere) and can be protected with Avalach and Eredin to actually enable a functioning deck.

A 3 point body, cooldown of 2 and reduced by specific cards played.
This card is a better elven swordmaster, if you can run enough organic cards (which seems to be a monster thing).

+ if its an vampire it has synergie with other cards and probably bloodmoon (which is not revealed yet)

So i suggest waiting a little. Its probably a better elven swordmaster and that card sees a lot of play.

Ok, this far we have seen:

Monsters: 4 cards
NR: 5 cards
NG: 1 card
ST: 4 cards
SK: 4 cards (Bear Abomination isnt counted)

Neutral: 1 card

NG is still shrouded in mysterious fog... or when will we get some previews?

A 3 point body, cooldown of 2 and reduced by specific cards played.
This card is a better elven swordmaster, if you can run enough organic cards (which seems to be a monster thing).

+ if its an vampire it has synergie with other cards and probably bloodmoon (which is not revealed yet)

So i suggest waiting a little. Its probably a better elven swordmaster and that card sees a lot of play.
It is an Elven Swordmaster with 1 more point per prog in case it does not get removed, is 2 provision heavier (hurting far more when removed with the usual control tools) and has a far more situational Cooldown reduction.
In fact its provision cost is in the middle between Swordmaster and Uysogota and we all know how Uysogota is completely reliant on Avallach.
Only that Uysogota is almost unconditional.

Besides it is the only real Monster organic synergy card, you do not building a whole deck around a terribly fragile single synergy card, when the cards required for the synergy are mediocre at best, when used without said synergy.

Come to think of it this card can very easily be comapred to Sarah and Johnny and outside of a single random Eredin game I have yet to see anyone play them seriously.
(6 provision, 3 point body, needs to survive, gets 1 additional use per Special Card/Organic).
Only that Sarah and Johnny have 1 additional charge and do not require the strict subset of Special Cards, which is Organic cards.
Given that comparison this card should be competetively unplayable like Johnny and Sarah.

Last edited:
I really like those glorified faction specific wolf packs. It was just weird to include wolves in your northern realm army :)

There are already some monster cards with organic-synergies.

What is Nilfgard?
Didnt they remove that faction because its too rng heavy? :smart:

There are already some monster cards with organic-synergies.
[...]
Wispess Tribute is a completely overpriced tutor with only 2 additional points, which has to get Ritual Sacrifice or Whispering Hillock to not be worse than other 10 provision cards in terms of impact (and mind you Ritual Sacrifice is meh right now) and then only achieves okay impact, while also consuming a high end provision card from one's deck.
That is pretty unplayable by the game's current standards.

Tourney Shaelmar is really interesting. It supports the spy archetype as well as the Seizing archetype (as long as the enemy isn't NG). So in a deck combining both, it should be a really great card.

Hen Gaidth Sword sounds far too strong, if the provision costs aren't at least 10, as it can steal basically any enemy unit. Also, I guess it will mainly see play in NG due to its interactions with Assimilate and NG having the tools to create enough other enemy cards to get their synergies too.

Palmerin is alright, though I would have expected Shields being much more a NR thing, instead of being that easily available for quite a lot of factions. Nonetheless, it seems that "if you have X in your hand" becoming a NG thing and I think that it is pretty fitting.

Last edited:
Tourney Shaelmar is really interesting. It supports the spy archetype as well as the Seizing archetype (as long as the enemy isn't NG). So in a deck combining both, it should be a really great card.

Hen Gaidth Sword sounds far too strong, if the provision costs aren't at least 10, as it can steal basically any enemy (gold) engine. Also, I guess it will mainly see play in NG due to its interactions with Assimilate and NG having the tools to create enough other enemy cards to get their synergies too.

Palmerin is alright, though I would have expected Shields being much more a NR thing, instead of being that easily available for quite a lot of factions. Nonetheless, it seems that "if you have X in your hand" becoming a NG thing and I think that it is pretty fitting.

Tourney seems like a card that will mostly be found in Ardal lists; I look forward to trying him out. The new Sword definitely synergizes with him; CDPR revealing them on the same day is a case in point. Most engines however are 3+ points so I don't think the Sword will be that oppressive aside from potentially being in Crach lists. We'll have to wait and see there.

I'm liking the in-hand mechanic that NG has. Palmerin is a nice addition to the roster and the later-to-be-revealed Milton as well

Tourney Shaelmar is really interesting. It supports the spy archetype as well as the Seizing archetype (as long as the enemy isn't NG). So in a deck combining both, it should be a really great card. [...]
If you face NG the Melee effect works, so it is covered for both cases.

[...]
Hen Gaidth Sword sounds far too strong, if the provision costs aren't at least 10, as it can steal basically any enemy (gold) engine. Also, I guess it will mainly see play in NG due to its interactions with Assimilate and NG having the tools to create enough other enemy cards to get their synergies too.
[...]
It is more likely to be used with Skellige, especially Crach increasing the threshold to 3 damage, Meve would also be able to ping with some tools and Foltest can do the same with Saesenthessis Blaze, although 1 turn slower.
Come to think of it Eithne can also use 1 or 2 pings to enable this card.

[...]
Palmerin feels pointless, if your card survives 1 turn anyways, why does it need a shield ?
If your opponent wants to remove the card you want to protect chances are incredibly high it will be removed before your next turn or not at all.
With this in mind this is a 5 point 2 damage 8 provision card that reduces Sabrina's damage or Ocvists damage by 4 or 2 respectively.
At the very least it is somewhat better than the last Monster reveal and that one is an objectively worse version of Johnny, which noone plays, for whatever that is worth.

Last edited:
Sunday reveals

I don't see this revealed in twitter. Is it actually revealed today or is it a fun image?

It's not actually revealed. yet? If you dig hard enough in the older threads, there's a thread containing artworks. If you find this thread i guarantee you your hype meter will double
Post automatically merged:

Will i get in trouble if i post more POTENTIAL expansion card artworks?

Top Bottom