Crimson Curse – new cards revealed!

+
I'm absolutly amazed by the Corrupted Flaminca, as that card reveal left me pretty horified, in particular as the artwork of the good Flaminca is my favourite one in Gwent. And the ability is also amazing, sounding quite strong, even though it will probably really hard to get max potential out of it.

It's pretty amazing that I find the first two cards a lot more frightening and disturbing than the real monster.

I wonder if the movement archetype is going to be adjusted to accept in-row-movement too . In that case the Matron would be a great addition to the movement archetype. Else I don't see that much sense in her ability.

The Bruxa seems to me like a worse version of the Nekker warrior. The only advantage it has is a little bit more versatatility.

Also, all the new Deathblow abilities make me wonder, if there is going to be a card that synergizes with Deathblows.

rrc

Forum veteran
Who revealed the last card - the Bruxa? I don't see that in twitter. Neither @PlayGwent nor @Burza46 retweeted that card reveal. Can someone please point out the tweet which revealed the last card?

Who revealed the last card - the Bruxa? I don't see that in twitter. Neither @PlayGwent nor @Burza46 retweeted that card reveal. Can someone please point out the tweet which revealed the last card?

Lord of Gwent:

Post automatically merged:

Do you want to remove ALL statuses on a row? Here you go:

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Spring Equinox basicly means that Bran will be an auto-loss for certain Eredin decks.
Though admittedly Ceallach Dyffryn is better at that (although faction specific).
I am wondering, does Purify remove Thrive and Harmony ?
In that case Nekker boards can basicly be dead in a Nilfgaard matchup.
And others can at -2 tempo nullify Nekkers using Spring Equinox.

Last edited:
Status effects are only those that have an icon on the card. So neither Harmony nor Thrive is one.
Spying, Doomed, Locked, Immun, Resilent and from the expansion probably Bleeding, Vitality, Poisoned and maybe Shield.

And I expect Eredin to have a hard time, too.

Spring Equinox basicly means that Bran will be an auto-loss for certain Eredin decks.
Though admittedly Ceallach Dyffryn is better at that (although faction specific).
However, it will not be helpful against mourntart at all :D you will need to hold on this card until end and still... when you remove immunity there is no way for SK to kill her in the same turn.

However, it will not be helpful against mourntart at all :D you will need to hold on this card until end and still... when you remove immunity there is no way for SK to kill her in the same turn.
True, in that case the only really protected Eredin build is a Mourntart deck.
(Unless Summoning Circle, which one can easily counter).

Hello everyone, where can I get the new revealed cards in PNG format?

I am doing analysis in ptbr for the people of Brazil on Youtube and are really enjoying it!

Just need to search TheMG7 or Twitch as well ! / I can also reveal a card on my channel :)

Everyone will be welcome!

Last edited:
Cursed Flaminica on Morkvarg will be a fairly strong play; it's comparable to Cyclops on Harpy Egg for MO.

Will it be good enough to use Morkvarg for this purpose instead of its discard ability? I'll be curious to see.

Hello everyone, where can I get the new revealed cards in PNG format?

I am doing analysis in ptbr for the people of Brazil on Youtube and are really enjoying it!

Just need to search TheMG7 or Twitch as well ! / I can also reveal a card on my channel :)

Everyone will be welcome!

All revealed cards in this thread should be in the .png format. :)

So I am wondering about status interactions. For example, will bleeding ignore shield, or will it destroy the shield at the cost of one turn of bleeding damage? Also will purifying bleeding remove shield/resilience and other beneficial statuses. It seems like there should be to two types of purify. The first should be something like cleanse (removes all negative statuses while not removing beneficial ones,) the second should be negate (removes all beneficial statuses without removing the negative ones.)

All revealed cards in this thread should be in the .png format. :)

Thank you Dominika, these last 3 were missing - congratulations on the incredible work!

The people of Brazil on Live and YouTube are very happy with this expansion and feel that there are more people knowing the game and enjoying it a lot!

I don't really like Undying Thirst, as it is far too similar to Feast of Blood. The only advantage Feast of Blood has, is the Purify combined with vampires, and that can even backfire in a lot of cases, as it is much more likely to remove a locked or bleeding status from the enemy instead of a resilent or vitality stat, as both are more rare. And with shields you only get 1 bonus point which isn*t strong either. So personally, I don't see any reason to use Feast of Blood even in a vampire deck.

Gael seems a pretty good card for the Bleeding archetype.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't really like Undying Thirst, as it is far too similar to Feast of Blood. The only advantage Feast of Blood has, is the Purify combined with vampires, and that can even backfire in a lot of cases, as it is much more likely to remove a locked or bleeding status from the enemy instead of a resilent or vitality stat, as both are more rare. And with shields you only get 1 bonus point which isn*t strong either. So personally, I don't see any reason to use Feast of Blood even in a vampire deck.

Gael seems a pretty good card for the Bleeding archetype.
Valid point! Seems like Undying Thirst is a neutral card! The card art seemed like a MO card. So, the faction specific card is marginally better in which it can remove a shield or vitality or resilience and then do it. If you are playing MO, there is no reason why you should use Undying Thirst when you have the better flavor. If you have already locked a unit (Did you know that MO doesn't have any unit that locks?) why would you want to use Feast of Blood on them (or if it is already bleeding)? I think it makes sense. Undying Thirst is for everyone, where as Feast of Blood is for MO which is marginally better. Also, don't forget that we are talking about 4 provisions cards :)

Top Bottom