Crimson Curse – new cards revealed!

+
Gregoire is nice design; it gives NG & NR some welcome value.

Incognito already mentioned the synergy with spies. NR players are going to want to play this in tandem with Sabrina or Meis. We might see it replace the Kaedweni Revenants in competitive lists.

Fisher King seems like a neutral version of Albrich. He is 1 point worse for units and 1 point better for non units.

Vivane Oriole doesn't seem to be that useful. While she can achieve a lot higher value than any other artifact removal, she becomes completly worthless, if the enemy doesn't play any artifacts.

Queen of the Night isn't that strong either. She is at maximum 9 points for 8 provisions and needs 4 turns to achieve that. Though maybe the purify is quite useful protecting large monsters from poison or Gaunter. Nonetheless, her artwork is really great.

What I wonder about is that we already got 8 MO cards, but still are missing Katakan, Garkin, Ekkimara, Bloodmoon, Orianna and Detlaff. And with the first 4 likely being bronze cards and Detlaff the new leader, there is only Orianna left as a gold card tieing the archetype together and adding some synergy to all of those cards.

Last edited:
Fisher King seems like a neutral version of Albrich. He is 1 point worse for units and 1 point better for non units.

Vivane Oriole doesn't seem to be that useful. While she can achieve a lot higher value than any other artifact removal, she becomes completly worthless, if the enemy doesn't play any artifacts.

Queen of the Night isn't that strong either. She is at maximum 9 points for 8 provisions and needs 4 turns to achieve that. Though maybe the purify is quite useful protecting large monsters from poison or Gaunter. Nonetheless, her artwork is really great.

What I wonder about is that we already got 8 MO cards, but still are missing Katakan, Garkin, Ekkimara, Bloodmoon, Orianna and Detlaff. And with the first 4 likely being bronze cards and Detlaff the new leader, there is only Orianna left as a gold card tieing the archetype together and adding some synergy to all of those cards.

First of all... can you pls not talk about cards most of us dont know who they are?
Havent seen a link to Vivienne Oriole.. had to google it and found a german streamer with this card.
But i havent found Fisher King and Queen of Night.
Would be nice if there are sources for it.

Cards revealed tracker

Neutral: 11/31
Northern Realm: 4/14
Nilfgaard: 4/14
Scoia'tael: 6/14
Monster: 8/14
Skellige: 6/14

Thanks to all guys for the info, but I'm a little sad, my deck Scoia'tael not have new dwarves so I will have to discover a new mix between the Dwarves and the Dryads. Although I do not lose hope (6 of 14) IF the New keyword shield fall into some new dwarf, it would be logical. Is it true CDPR?

Next batch of revealed cards!

Vivienne: Oriole revealed by KaFu

Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0037_NEU-Vivienne-Oriole.png

Fisher King revealed by Infinity Mau

Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0038_NEU-Fisher King.png

Queen of the Night revealed by TavernofGwent

Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0039_MON-Queen of the Night.png

Roderick of Dun Tynne revealed by Swim

Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0040_NOR-Roderick of Dun Tynne.png

Runeword revealed by Kurinokisan

Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0041_NOR-Runeword.png

Dryad's Caress revealed by TakHado

Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0042_SCO-Dryad's Caress.png

And 10 more cards revealed today! :D

Brokilon Sentinel
EN_Card_Reveal_47_Brokilon_Sentinel.png

Tourney Joust
EN_Card_Reveal_43_Tourney_Houst.png

Moon Dust
EN_Card_Reveal_44_Moon_Dust.png

Garkain
EN_Card_Reveal_45_Garkain.png

Cintrian Envoy
EN_Card_Reveal_46_Cintrain_Envoy.png

Svalblod Butcher
EN_Card_Reveal_48_Svalblod_Butcher.png

Thaw
EN_Card_Reveal_49_Thaw.png

Curse of Corruption
EN_Card_Reveal_50_Curse_Of_Corruption.png

Scepter of Storms
EN_Card_Reveal_51_Scepter_Of_Storms.png

Sandstorm
EN_Card_Reveal_52_Sandstorm.png

Last edited:
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

Neutral: 16/31
Northern Realm: 6/14
Nilfgaard: 6/14
Scoia'tael: 8/14
Monster: 9/14
Skellige: 7/14

And wait there's more, there are also card reveals in the new trailer and they are:
- Milton de Peyrac-Peyran
- Anna Henrietta
- Detlaff: True/Monster form
- Katakan?
- Regis with another form/version
- Orianna
- A 3 base power Dryad
- Syvanna or Sylvia Anna

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
And 12 more cards from today! :D

Regis: Bloodlust
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0053_NEU-Regis Bloodlust.png

Portal
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0054_NEU-Portal.png

Protofleder
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0055_MON-Protofleder.png

Crimson Curse
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0056_MON-Crimson Curse.png

Damien de la Tour
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0057_NIL-Damien de la Tour.png

Duchess's Informant
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0058_NIL-Duchess's Informant.png

Knighthood
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0059_NOR-Knighthood.png

Coodcoodak
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0060_NOR_Coodcoodak.png

Water of Brokilon
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0061_SCO_Water of Brokilon.png

Fauve
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0062_SCO_Fauve.png

Regis is situational but good at that.
Portal is interesting, but I don't really see any use for it yet. Lyrian Cavalry and Nauzica Sergeant seem the only good interactions with that card and for those it isn't really worth using Portal.
Protofleder has a lot of provisions, but doesn't seem that usefull. Chironex honestly seems to be a lot better choice.
Crimson curse is a pretty amazing card, but requires to commit to vampires quite a bit.
Damien is amazing, old Cahir is back. Though Morvan and Ursurper won't really be usefull with him.
Duchess Informant wasn't a spying unit in the stream, so I don't know which one is the correct version. Anyway it really helps the assimilate archetype and should be really versatile.
Knighthood seems to be really specialized. With only a Tridam Infrantry on the side, it is great in any other scenario it isn't really that good in my opinion.
Coodcoodak is one of the best cards of the whole expansion so far for me and feels like a must have for NR engine decks.
Water of Brokilon seems just bad. 6 points in the best case for 9 provisions. Comparing that Arachas Nest is just so bad. Or the spawned Dryads have an ability, which wasn't mentioned in the stream.
Fauve is basically just a cheaper Keira for ST without a row requirement.
Sigvald has an amazing designed ability. An engine which generates more value, when it is low.
Knut seems pretty bad to me. If we compare it to Cyclops, Cyclops seems to be so much better. And Light Longship as a SK card, seems to be a better card in most scenarios too.

Regis: Bloodlust sounds extremely good, it fits right where Milaen and Enraged Ifrit are and has an additional benefit (while Milaen has the upside of spreading), though it cannot hit own units.

I was thinking about a card like Portal, I did not expect them to actually put this into the game.
So does that now mean Caretaker becomes neat, being able to re-use this card and thin out 2 more 4 provision cards ?
An amazing card for the game and a safe version of Summoning Circle, with the downside of not being able to play cards with provisions higher than 4 and not being able to play them the turn you want them to appear (e.g. Vran Warrior during a Glusty turn).
However it uninteruptable and has immediate synergy with Pyrotechnician (and Hawker Support/Combat Engineer).
Also that means Angouleme might finally be playable and Nithral will at the very least be able to go for 2x2 damage, being a 9/6.
Also it tutoring out 2 engines means the opponent cannot just use removal to hit them seperately one each turn, while denying them.

Protofleder at first looks terrible, given that those 9/10 provision 4 bodies are supposed to hit 4 (or be engines) and not just 3, however hitting a 3 will be far more painful, given that this becomes a 10/10, rather than an 8/9 or 7/9 against 3 point bodies.
I am not sure if this will be played a lot (propably), however it is definitely nice to have it in the cardpool and it can be an above curve control tool for being far worse at what you can hit, which means it is inbetween a control tool and a more point effective oriented card.

Crimson Curse seems to easily interruptable, outside of Portal I do not see Vampires being able to flood that easily and the card will be low tempo, while the only card to use it (currently) is Alp, which is a low tempo play as well and usually one should be able to expect more from an 11 provision card.
Without more support for Bloodmoon it looks like it will be as awful as pre-homecoming.
However Monsters have 5 reveals left and will get a leader, which could potentially fix that mess.
Right now Vampires as a deck look like an incoherent mess, less playable than Musicians of Blaviken, at the very leas that card does not force one to commit to even worse cards.
Right now it has no synergies with Vampires at all.

Damien seems too easily interruptable, it is a 4 point Order card afterall, however Jan Calveit can allow playing 2 cards that turn, allowing a Shield or buff via Unicorn etc (threatening 2 powerful cards at once), however it feels very dangerous.
Well, with 5 points it is considerably more difficult to interrupt, however against Crach, Brouver, Bran etc it means the same, so it will require even more to just be worth more than a 5 provision card.

Duchess Informant seems potentially very powerful, however it lacks synergies (hitting a Griffin etc still sounds exceptionally satisfying, destroying her to get an 8/5*).
The stream showed 4 rather than 5, while it will propably be an easy include very often, even at 5.

Overlooked the Spying tag.

Knighthood can hit 12/7 points with Tridam, however as soon as a second unit is on the row it will likely be a 9/7.
Definitely a staple in Meve boost decks.

Water of Brokilon is a 2x3/9 version of Nekkers, being far more difficult to deny, with 2 Harmony uses it will be a 10/9.
This looks like a less highroll version of Nekkers, though horrible against Auckes.
Outside of Auckes this card is less binary and can allow somewhta safe setup for considerable tempo.

Fauve being able to tutor out Water of Brokilon sounds decent on paper, untill you realize you play one of those 2 point 9/10 provision tutors without Assire, which (at the very least to me) sounds awful.

Sigvald is a straight up powercrept Pavko Gale, having 1 more point, the same effect and provision cost, only that under Berserk it gets yet another upside.
Also it is outside of Serrit, though if Serrit hits for 5 one could play Auckes instead anyways.
Very likely a card that will see play.

Last edited:
[...] Portal [...] So does that now mean Caretaker becomes neat, being able to re-use this card and thin out 2 more 4 provision cards?

That would mean having even more 4 provision cards in your deck, which are also usable with Portal and not getting bricked by drawing them, rendering Caretaker useless. That's quite the risk.

Sigvald is a straight up powercrept Pavko Gale

Different faction, different rules.

That would mean having even more 4 provision cards in your deck, which are also usable with Portal and not getting bricked by drawing them, rendering Caretaker useless. That's quite the risk.
True, though Witchers can also brick and I never said it is a must have.
It is nice that Caretaker has at the very least something going for it, rather than just being horrible with too cheap targets to be effective, while even requiring setup.

Also an Eldain Artifact deck sounds like a lot of fun, preventing Caretaker from bricking, while Traps are comparably low provision cards and thus allow a more decadent commitment like Caretaker/Portal (although the 4 provision cards are limited by that to be Pyrotechnician, Swordmaster and Elven Scout).

Last edited:
Top Bottom