Crimson Curse – new cards revealed!

+

rrc

Forum veteran
last part
I am just so soo sooo sooooo happy that NG is not my most favorite faction. This is literally like trolling the NG players or even hurting them. And we were told "We are saving the best for the last" when people asked about NG. I didn't realise that it was a joke?

There is literally only one possible explanation for that. The entire dev team was busy designing awesome cards for NR and SK and then MO then when they were done started working on ST and realized that they had forgotten about NG and very little time left. So, in a hurry they had created this as a placeholder. Amazing art and all I agree, but the abilities, and the provisions and that leader can mean just one thing. That NG got 1% of the entire thought process that was put into NR, and SK.

But don't worry guys. May be in the next expansion NG will get good cards and be a decent faction. I mean, they can't leave an entire faction like this, right?

[Pre-HC, the Pirate Captain of SK, a bronze, had the ability to play any card of that clan, literally the only bronze which could play a card. Here, this guy create and play a 1 point copy of a bronze for 9 provisions? Seriously I can't digest this.]

Not the greatest ability but it could be good against point slam decks. Her prominence will really depend on what the meta looks like. If there are alot of value oriented decks thin on synergies/combos she could see play.

Anybody know what her provisions are?
Its 15.

I don't know what you guys are talking. I like the new NG cards. Have you already forgotten about Damien, Vivienne, Shalmaar and Informant?! Those cards could prove pretty powerful in skillful nifty hands!

I don't know what you guys are talking. I like the new NG cards. Have you already forgotten about Damien, Vivienne, Shalmaar and Informant?! Those cards could prove pretty powerful in skillful nifty hands!

Damien has Order. Did you ever try playing Vattier or Skellen? Usually they dont survive that long to activate it. And NG has no Ves or other Zeal giving cards (pls dont mention Petris Filter for now).

I agree Vivienne and Shalmaar sound great. But we also have great cards. And we cant afford many of these great cards cuz of their provision costs (we are no NR... they can afford way more goldcards).

Informant has to prove its worth yet. Cant think of much good enemy bronze cards that we can really use (like cards with thrive or an griffon).

Ah yes, let me use Damien on Usurper and Emhyr.

Last edited:
Avalach is your friend.
Oh come on. Avallach has also Order and is more likely be locked then any other card.
Its like Avallach and Geels in the past... NO one uses them together or has been seen in monster decks for the last weeks/months. Because both didnt really worked well (damage, lock, etc) and other engines/mechanics work way better.

And then again it only proofs that NG is highly addicted to neutral cards.
Bring in neutrals.. bring them all... thats the sunset of the great sun.

Oh come on. Avallach has also Order and is more likely be locked then any other card. And then again it only proofs that NG is highly addicted to neutral cards.
Bring in neutrals.. bring them all... thats the sunset of the great sun.

I agree and want to add two things.

1. Avallach can be moved to melee row and functionally locked, so MO and ST have an easy counter.
2. The more setup required the less reliable the plan. What if you get Avallach but no one worth shielding. Or get what you want to shield with Avallach buried in your deck.

The simple answer is every faction should have a Natualis equivalent to give them zeal. NR was already deadly against decks that focused on point slam or self boost. Any deck light on removal was easy prey. Now NR has so many tools to defeat locking and pinging removal that only SK can really stand up to them (not even sure they can pull it off.) Without zeal, NR will use removal engines to pick apart NG.

I want to point out that even if Avallac'h does get taken care of, that's still one less threat that could have dealt with the unit Avallac'h was trying to protect, which might make the difference when the opponent runs out of removal.

True, unless they are running NR removal engines (in which case heaven help you.)

Is it confirmed it cannot target immune? I am inclined to think it actually can.
Purify should be able to remove (but not directly target) immune in certain situations. i.e. if the card is purify a unit, it doesn't remove immune, since you can't target immune. But if the card is - purify a unit and the units adjacent to it, then if you target a non-immune unit next to an immune unit, it should work. Also if the card is purify all units on a row, it should work as well.

Purify should be able to remove (but not directly target) immune in certain situations. i.e. if the card is purify a unit, it doesn't remove immune, since you can't target immune. But if the card is - purify a unit and the units adjacent to it, then if you target a non-immune unit next to an immune unit, it should work. Also if the card is purify all units on a row, it should work as well.

Exactly. Immune by definition means unable to be targeted. But the spring equinox covers the whole row. Moreover, there are some adjacent purify cards as well. One good way to protect from the latter type cards is to surround your immune card with artifacts. Also end of row placement reduces the number of adjacent cards.

Exactly. Immune by definition means unable to be targeted. But the spring equinox covers the whole row. Moreover, there are some adjacent purify cards as well. One good way to protect from the latter type cards is to surround your immune card with artifacts. Also end of row placement reduces the number of adjacent cards.

Ok, then end of row next to another immune card!

Top Bottom