Crimson Curse Pre-Order Issue

+
Hi there,

On the day the pre-order began, I hopped on my PS4, booted up Gwent, and pre-ordered CC in the Shop--I'm a beta vet who doesn't need the kegs but darn right I'm supporting CDPR. After purchasing CC, the pre-order box disappeared from the Shop and I received an error (don't remember the exact wording at this point). My credit card has indeed been charged but I still don't see any indication of it in the "Open Goodies" area.

I believe I've heard other people having the same issue but has anyone heard anything about this?

Guest 4344268

I've had the exact same issue and am still waiting for an update from tech support. I'd recommend contacting them as well if you haven't already. Be sure to jot down your "support ID" via the settings menu first.

I'll post again if/when I have an update.

As far as I know, there is no indicator that you've bought the pre-order, but you'll still get it once the expansion launches.

Guest 4344268

That doesn't sound right. There must be some indication under the "goodies" area of the shop. Have any other PS4 players had this issue, and could a successful PC purchaser comfirm the above?

I've had the exact same issue and am still waiting for an update from tech support. I'd recommend contacting them as well if you haven't already. Be sure to jot down your "support ID" via the settings menu first.

I'll post again if/when I have an update.

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry it happened to you as well, but I'm glad I'm not the only one :). Definitely let me know what you find out!

P.S. Are you referring to the Settings menu accessed via Account Details on this site? When I go there, the Settings option is grayed out and I can't access it...
Post automatically merged:

That doesn't sound right. There must be some indication under the "goodies" area of the shop. Have any other PS4 players had this issue, and could a successful PC purchaser comfirm the above?

I don't believe that is accurate...I've seen screenshots of PC purchasers who can see their Crimson Curse kegs in the Show Goodies area.

Guest 4344268

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry it happened to you as well, but I'm glad I'm not the only one :). Definitely let me know what you find out!

P.S. Are you referring to the Settings menu accessed via Account Details on this site? When I go there, the Settings option is grayed out and I can't access it...

No, the in-game settings. Click on the gear in the lower right corner of the main menu to see your unique support ID.

Registered to say that I'm in the same boat. I was charged for the expansion but got the error message and now there's no indication of purchase in-game. I received a message back from support on Monday that they're, "Looking into the issue." Would be nice to get confirmation we won't miss out on the pre-order bonuses though.

On PC, when you go to the shop goodies, you can see the CC keg pack but it's locked.

Last edited:

Guest 4344268

Thanks for confirming, Nyanko; that's sort of what I figured.

It sounds like quite a few of us PS4 players may be in the same boat, so everyone affected should definitely contact support. Hopefully it all gets sorted out painlessly...

Has anyone made any progress on this issue? I have not had a response on my follow-up email to support. Kinda feels like console players may be getting the shaft here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for confirming, Nyanko; that's sort of what I figured.

It sounds like quite a few of us PS4 players may be in the same boat, so everyone affected should definitely contact support. Hopefully it all gets sorted out painlessly...

Has anyone made any progress on this issue? I have not had a response on my follow-up email to support. Kinda feels like console players may be getting the shaft here...

I sent in a Support ticket this morning and have yet to hear anything. I have a feeling it'll be a similar response to the one you received.

HOWEVER, I have complete faith that CDPR will not let us console players down, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. As long as you keep your receipt to show you purchased the pre-order, I know they'll honor it.

As soon as I hear anything other than "we're looking into it," I'll let you know!

Guest 4344268

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll update here as well. Gotta keep the faith...

I finally got a response from CDPR support. I was told it doesn't show up on their end and I have to contact PlayStation support. I contacted PS and they said to wait until the expansion is released because as far as they are concerned the transaction went through.

So I have CDPR saying the transaction doesn't show, PS saying it does and now I have to wait a week to find out where my $40 has gone...I'm less than pleased.

Lesson No. 1: Kids never pre-order, always wait *Patience is key*, when launched then make your purchase. This is rule number 1 in the gaming industry! :)

I finally got a response from CDPR support. I was told it doesn't show up on their end and I have to contact PlayStation support. I contacted PS and they said to wait until the expansion is released because as far as they are concerned the transaction went through.

So I have CDPR saying the transaction doesn't show, PS saying it does and now I have to wait a week to find out where my $40 has gone...I'm less than pleased.
I went through the exact same process. CDPR said to contact Playstation. I contacted playstation and they said to wait till release.

Lesson No. 1: Kids never pre-order, always wait *Patience is key*, when launched then make your purchase. This is rule number 1 in the gaming industry! :)
Haha yes that's usually the case. However I'm trying to support a game I really like that's trying to find its feet.
I went through the exact same process. CDPR said to contact Playstation. I contacted playstation and they said to wait till release.
I'm quite sure that come release, we won't have anything and will need to contact support again. The fact CDPR says they have no record of the transaction says it all. Super frustrating.

Guest 4344268

Same here - response from CDPR is below.

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

We've investigated this issue and it seems the transaction is not properly reflected on our end. As PlayStation is handling the GWENT transactions on PlayStation 4, for further assistance regarding this issue please contact their Support Team (https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ents/issue/748/contacting-playstation-support).

Ok, so I also contacted Sony and the guy I chatted with offered this explanation (which sounds fairly plausible):

"You have the licenses of the content on your account, but it will [not] release until Match 28th, this means that the licenses are not active yet, however, they're there just waiting for the activation on the release date."

This whole situation is pretty awkward though. I posted a question to the dev thread asking if CDPR will publicly address it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here - response from CDPR is below.

Ok, so I also contacted Sony and the guy I chatted with offered this explanation (which sounds fairly plausible):

"You have the licenses of the content on your account, but it will [not] release until Match 28th, this means that the licenses are not active yet, however, they're there just waiting for the activation on the release date."

This whole situation is pretty awkward though. I posted a question to the dev thread asking if CDPR will publicly address it.
It definitely doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I will wait until release to see what's going on, but I wasn't that impressed with the response from CDPR support.

Their response basically was a politer way of saying "You didn't buy anything on our end that we can see, so it's not our problem, go talk to Sony". Letting me know that it's a known issue and that you're talking to Playstation about it, would let me know that this just isn't my problem alone and that CDPR cares about this.

Guest 4344268

I also don't understand how I access the kegs we bought when nothing shows up under the goodies area of the shop (even if the licence is "activated" on the 28th).

Also, do you guys still have the CC offer box displayed in the shop? It disappeared for me initially after I bought it but now it's back...

I also don't understand how I access the kegs we bought when nothing shows up under the goodies area of the shop (even if the licence is "activated" on the 28th).

Also, do you guys still have the CC offer box displayed in the shop? It disappeared for me initially after I bought it but now it's back...

I can see locked pre-order pack in "open goodies" section and there is no pre-order offer in shop for me.

Top Bottom