Crimson Curse Rework

+
Crimson curse is supposed to be the mandatory pick in any vampire deck. A whole expansion was based around the concept.
The card never sees play, partially because of poision which punishes everything that grows tall.
If we could control which vampire unit gets the boost, the card would be much better.

If it was reworked to: boost a vampie unit on the rightmost rows by 2, the card would finally see some play.
It would also be interesting if it boosted werewolf's as well. Lets face it, a 4p immune unit will never see play on its own, but if we could boost this unit, then we would not have to worry too much about tall removal

Last edited:
I agree but that might make the card too strong. Like if the card actually works, it is great. If you take out katakan it starts at -4 points, but then gives you with perfect conditions 24 points total i think. Assuming my math is right. 6 power unit dies, gives a 2 power unit token, vampire on each row, 2 points per row per turn, 6 turns.
Post automatically merged:

Turning it into an organic card was a great change, but it is still a very hard card to pull off given the popularity of removal. Buffing the werewolf is a great idea. That card sees almost no play.
Post automatically merged:

Most of the time i play it, it plays for around 10 points total. I believe it is 9 provisions. So not bad. But I will start using it more and give more feedback. (monster main after all)

the problem is, is that it’s 9 provisions. It’s just too expensive for what you get. 1) you have to destroy a unit so on deploy it’s negative points of whatever you used it on. 2) if you lose round 1/ get bled you’ll never get full value of the card. 3) to get full value requires you to have 2 vampires living on each row and for you to draw a card that you don’t mind destroying. In conclusion Maybe if the card was cheaper AND if it just boosted monster units it might be playable but just choosing where the boost goes, or having it be 9 provisions, it’ll never see play. So many better options.

My math was wrong too, i forgot that it only applies on turn start, so best case with katakan you get 20 points. And that is best case. But because it is turn start it is pretty bad, because it is easily controlled for.

Top Bottom