Crones, Crones and more Crones

+
Crones, Crones and more Crones

Any regular Monster players like to clue me in on how you're able to play the 3x Silver "Crones" cards at the start of every round in a 3 round match?

Faced this today and tbh I can't for the life of me see how to replicate it going by the text on the cards themselves, and as far as I can tell, none of the new "Crones" gold cards let you res them 3 times in a row (or at all from what I've read), so yeah, any ideas?

That's not possible; I don't see how. Next time, please make a screenshot of the history tab, so it's at least a bit easier to see what's going on.

Well, let's wait and see if someone else has any insight on this.

If I play monster I try to mulligan all Crones away in the first round, because it's pretty likely that you get them again later.
Also Ge'els can be a good back up in case you don't have them in round 3 yet.

devivre;n10124322 said:
If I play monster I try to mulligan all Crones away in the first round, because it's pretty likely that you get them again later.

But OP said:

to play the Crones at the start of every round in a 3 round match?

This means playing the Crones every round for a total of three times. But then again, the OP might just have written it poorly. That would actually make more sense.

4RM3D;n10124412 said:
This means playing the Crones every round for a total of three times.
Exactly this.
All 3 silver Crones cards got played by oppo first turn in every round of a 3 round match. First two rounds I didn't think much of it; there are so many different ways and means to res cards from graveyard now, and not being a Monsters player (at all) I just figured that this might be unique to that faction; but when occured 3rd time I was perturbed to say the least - there were no other cards on their board and I double checked to make sure I wasn't just seeing things, and nope - all 3 silver Crones cards were there first turn R3.

I really do wish I had a screenshot or something of it because it was a game winner for them.

DRK3

Forum veteran
No idea how that could be possible. If it's like your saying, he played the 3 Crones, 3 times. Hmm... Im assuming you werent playing a Monster deck with crones of your own, right?

Were you NR or NG? Maybe he had access to a Assire or Nenneke of yours to return those crones to his own deck? Did you check his graveyard to see if it was the same 3 crones or if there were multiple ones?

Because with the amount of 'create x' cards, i've seen a lot of silver cards being played twice in a match.

DRK3
I was playing ST. And I wasn't running Aglais that he could Caretaker (or whatever) to use against me.
After doing some more reading and a little bit of testing with my own ST deck, I think this might be possible using some of the new create/resurrect cards, but in what combination, I'm not sure. It's been a while since the game now and TBH I'm struggling to remember exactly what some of oppo's plays were (I really do wish I'd taken some screenshots :( ) but if you res one of these cards from graveyard, do the others follow as they have the "summon" tag? I know this doesn't work for ST cards that have the same tag so you only get one of them, but I don't play monsters at all so might be something they do specifically....?

DRK3

Forum veteran
x1Cygnus No, the summon tag only works to summon from the deck, not from the GY. The Queensguard in SK are the only ones that are revived from GY that way.

My theory is he probably used a create card to get Nenneke (that lets you put 3 cards from the GY back to deck) or Assire (2 back to deck)

Top Bottom