Cross-Play (with Friends) and Cross-Buy (Account Synchronization) on Consoles

+
Celestes666;n8669160 said:
I am playing on ps4. May I play on pc from my ps4 account?

Quoted from official FAQ:

CROSS-BUY: When GWENT launches on Windows 10 as an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application, the account between UWP and Xbox One will be shared. That means progress and cards are shared between both platforms. Otherwise, every platform is independant and your progress will not be synchronized if you switch platforms.

Lack of account sync is a massive deal-breaker for investing real money into a F2P card game.

Is this because of a limitation in the way that Sony / Microsoft allow developers access to user accounts, or is this a design choice that CDPR made?

TheDetour;n8662870 said:
is the GoG client not going to be compatible with XB1?
No, that would be the Windows Store client which is not existing yet. As for the "stupid design decision": Guess whose decision that was.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware when the full game comes out you'll be able to play the same game on both Xbox and PC due to it being an Xbox Play Anywhere title. You have to have Windows 10 though.

Thought this may be helpful to all...

Quoted from the official FAQ:
"Do you support cross-play / cross-buy, i.e. purchasing items on platform A and using them on platform B / playing with gamers on other platforms?

CROSS-PLAY: We can confirm cross-play between Xbox One & PC, and PlayStation 4 & PC. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cross-play is not possible.

CROSS-BUY: When GWENT launches on Windows 10 as an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application, the account between UWP and Xbox One will be shared. That means progress and cards are shared between both platforms. Otherwise, every platform is independant and your progress will not be synchronized if you switch platforms."

Can u play against friends on xbox?

Sry I know wrong Forum but I can only post here for a few More posts. so if some mod can move to right place sry & thx

so anyways I notice there is option to play against friends but on my xbox i dont see this option so I was wondering if its possible at all and if it is what do I have to do?

(PS4) can I not play against friends?

Hi guys, topic says it all. I know this is a beta but it's suprising not to see this feature even in a beta. Unless I'm missing something and don't see it.

CDPR: Is there an ETA on the console (PS4) friend match feature moving into the production environment? Thanks in advance!

Is it possible that there would be account sync between PC and console at some point?
For example, it was possible for limited time to transfer account from PC to console at Warframe. I would like to use console as my PC is starting to get out of date but I have so much on PC that it would be shame to loose it all.

can you transfer beta rewards through systems

so I played the closed beta on Xbox one but around the time the open beta came out I finished building my PC so is there any I can transfer the closed beta rewards.

Last edited:
Baltaj thread merged

At the moment it's not yet possible. But in the future it will be once GWENT launches on Windows 10 as an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application.

CROSS-BUY: When GWENT launches on Windows 10 as an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application, the account between UWP and Xbox One will be shared. That means progress and cards are shared between both platforms. Otherwise, every platform is independant and your progress will not be synchronized if you switch platforms.

Playing with friends from the PSN

Hello, I´m wondering if its possible to play with friends from the PSN Network? Got some friends who are playing too but we never met. I would be fun to use the PSN chat to comment on the moves. Or watching the friends play, even if you don´t play that match.

+1 on this. Would also like to do the same. Was hoping it might be possible once I get to ranked matches but by the sounds of this, maybe not. Anyway... first post on the forum so might as well mention what a great job you've done with this. Always hoped there would be a standalone Gwent game.

Actually, from the sticky thread at the top:

Vattier;n8594820 said:
Progress and cards are not shared between platforms. All rewards for playing in the Closed Beta will be given to the platform you were playing on. This means you should receive your kegs on your PC version. It is not possible to transfer the kegs to the PS4.

Last edited:
wiggumc;n8792190 said:
+1 on this. Would also like to do the same. Was hoping it might be possible once I get to ranked matches but by the sounds of this, maybe not.

I got to lvl 11 and sadly there isn´t any option to play ranked games with friends

Is it possible to move closed beta bonuses to another account?

I will be playing Gwent on PS4 moving forward, as I am moving away from PC gaming. Since the closed Beta was not available on PS4, is there any chance of getting my rewards/recognition of this, switched to my PS4 account?

Thanks.

Top Bottom