Cross-Play (with Friends) and Cross-Buy (Account Synchronization) on Consoles

+
Sharing

I usually play on PS4, which is working amazingly for me. But I'm going to be flying out of state for work for about a week. Is there a way I can play my account from PS4 on the PC or do I have to start a whole new Gwent from scratch?

Salticidae thread merged

That won't be possible, unfortunately.

Progress and cards are not shared between platforms. All rewards for playing in the Closed Beta will be given to the platform you were playing on. This means you should receive your kegs on your PC version. It is not possible to transfer the kegs to the PS4.

4RM3D;n9060830 said:
Salticidae thread merged

That won't be possible, unfortunately.

Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't find this thread before making my own. I searched for one but did not word the search very well.

I really hope there is consideration in solving this in the future. The player base being combined will greatly increase the longevity of the game. Plus, I'll be in a hotel room for 5 nights straight with nothing to do, I would have definitely spent a lot of money on kegs out there considering work is paying for the hotel. You guys are really great, and the first card game in years I've had no problem spending some money on! I'm sorry you'll be missing out on my money, you guys definitely deserve it. I've fallen completely in love with this game!

PLS Invite a friend

no more patience left .... it was a perfect time to just release the same version on all platforms with this patch. I mean this generation consoles were designed with pc architecture in mind to allow for easy porting and stuff.. c'mon already now.

How does xbox still not have friend invite for private matches?

Try to imagine for a second if this feature still wasn't in the PC version. How would you feel about that?

StrykerxS77x

To quote CDPR:

Vattier;n9170080 said:
We're working on making the friend matches possible on all platforms, but at the moment we cannot give any details when they would be available.

Also, thread merged.

4RM3D;n8785480 said:
e account between UWP and Xbox One will be shared. That means progress and cards are shared between both platforms. Otherwise, every platform is independant and your progress will not be synchronized if you switch platforms.

Sorry I'm a little late on this. I started CB on Xbox and now playing on PC on seperate account. When Xbox and PC can be shared then I assume I can pick which account to overide the other if I decided to merge?

fartingunicorn;n9174230 said:
When Xbox and PC can be shared then I assume I can pick which account to overide the other if I decided to merge?

It won't be possible to merge an account. Instead, you can use both of your accounts on both platforms. So, you can just pick your best account and use that one on both platforms.

Last edited:
Ok I'm getting confused. You, 4RM3D, keep saying that we will be able to play our XB1 account on PC once the PC app goes live. Yet, when I read Vattier, it really sound to me that there will be no way to play my XB1 account on PC.
If I'm right, could it be possible for CDPR to "move" the XB1 account to a PC account? (copy the xb1 account on PC, then delete the XB1 account, so in the end we still have only 1 account, but this way, it feels like it has been transfered form XB1 to PC).
The opposite would be quite impossible since microsoft would totally reject the idea of creating new account that alreayd contains unlocked sellable items. But from XB1 to PC, there should be no-one complainign since you only "ban" the XB1 account, and there is no legal issue with PC, since PCs don't belong to any brand / company / whatever evil

Last edited:
SKEMETH

When you look at the official FAQ, it says:

CROSS-BUY: When GWENT launches on Windows 10 as an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application, the account between UWP and Xbox One will be shared. That means progress and cards are shared between both platforms. Otherwise, every platform is independant and your progress will not be synchronized if you switch platforms.

The account will be shared between Windows and the Xbox. I assume that it doesn't matter if you made the account on the Xbox first or on Windows. In theory, if you have two accounts now, one on Windows and one on the Xbox, when the patch goes live then you would be able to pick one account and use it for both platforms.

Ok great then! :)
Any date for that? even roughly...like....is it rather in a month? 3months? 6 month? a year?

SKEMETH;n9226101 said:
Ok great then! :)
Any date for that? even roughly...like....is it rather in a month? 3months? 6 month? a year?

Where did I put all my "Soon" stickers...?

Ah...here we are:

Soon[SUP]©[/SUP]

PS4 doesn't have play with friends

I am playing on PS4 but recently started playing on PC. i have notice on pc you have option to play with friends, i didn't see that on ps4. how to play with friends in ps4?

Xbox Play Anywhere

As I am not allowed to write outside of the tech forum, I posted this here.

I am wondering if we can please get an update on when this feature (Xbox Play Anywhere) is expected to exist. I invested $100 in the Xbox version so far, however its not always practical to play there (because of familiy etc), and I was expecting the Play Anywhere for PC to be around the corner. I guess half a year later I was very wrong indeed, and since then I have havent heard a single beep uttered about it. Should I expect to wait until release/after release of the full game for it to exist? As it is now, I am fairly frustrated that I payed for cards on the Xbox since its behind the PC version on features.

tajen thread merged

CDPR has not given any details on this subject other than that they are working on it. The feature will be introduced when Gwent launches in the Windows Store, which, I think, will be during the official release somewhere at the end of this year. Remember, nothing official, just speculation on my part.

tajen;n9292891 said:
As I am not allowed to write outside of the tech forum, I posted this here.

You can post outside of the Tech Support forum, but you cannot make any new threads until you've written 10 posts.

tajen;n9292891 said:
As it is now, I am fairly frustrated that I payed for cards on the Xbox since its behind the PC version on features.

The only extra feature the PC version has is playing against friends, if that matters to you.

Any chance of the "Play a friend feature" coming to consoles? would love to play a friendly match agasint my mate and test ne decks out etc.

Thanks!

tomo77

I've moved your post over to the dedicated thread about this topic. Also, this question was already answered by CDPR in the "Ask a Dev" thread:

Vattier;n9170080 said:
We're working on making the friend matches possible on all platforms, but at the moment we cannot give any details when they would be available.

Top Bottom