Cross progression from Switch to PS?

+
Hi CDPR, I just found out that cross progression for Nintendo Switch is not available. Is that by any chance in the making? I love my switch version of the game but would be great to be able to play that progression on my PS4 and hopefully a PS5 in the near future. Regards
Post automatically merged:

Hi CDPR, I just found out that cross progression for Nintendo Switch is not available. Is that by any chance in the making? I love my switch version of the game but would be great to be able to play that progression on my PS4 and hopefully a PS5 in the near future. Regards
I forgot to mention the game, lol. I mean, the Witcher 3 complete Edition.

I wanted to do the same and also saw in the tech docs that cross progression is not possible from Switch to PS5. But it SHOULD be possible from Switch to PC. Since I already invested 100h into the game on my Switch, I also bought the PC version on GOG and cloud-saved my Switch savegame to GOG. However, the PC version does not show any of those Switch savegames. Is there a trick to that? Am I missing something?

Switch, PC and PS5 versions are all GOTY btw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this working since v.4 came out, so I'm kind of desperate by now ;)

I wanted to do the same and also saw in the tech docs that cross progression is not possible from Switch to PS5. But it SHOULD be possible from Switch to PC. Since I already invested 100h into the game on my Switch, I also bought the PC version on GOG and cloud-saved my Switch savegame to GOG. However, the PC version does not show any of those Switch savegames. Is there a trick to that? Am I missing something?

Switch, PC and PS5 versions are all GOTY btw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this working since v.4 came out, so I'm kind of desperate by now ;)
The only thing which prevent you to transfert your progression on your Switch between all platforms, it's the fact that on Switch, the game didn't received the "next-gen update" yet. So the GOG cross-progression feature which allow to share the last played save between all platforms (PC/Xbox/Playstation) is not available yet.
As soon as the Switch version will be updated, you will be able to transfert very easily the last played save between all the platforms you want.

Beside, I'm not sure that saves created on the current Switch version of the game are even compatible with the PS/Xbox/PC version of the game.

On the 4.03 patchnote :
We're hard at work to bring the patch to Nintendo Switch players as soon as possible and we're hoping to have it out in the following months. Thank you for your patience!

Last edited:
The only thing which prevent you to transfert your progression on your Switch between all platforms, it's the fact that on Switch, the game didn't received the "next-gen update" yet. So the GOG cross-progression feature which allow to share the last played save between all platforms (PC/Xbox/Playstation) is not available yet.
As soon as the Switch version will be updated, you will be able to transfert very easily the last played save between all the platforms you want.

Beside, I'm not sure that saves created on the current Switch version of the game are even compatible with the PS/Xbox/PC version of the game.

Hey, thanks for the insights! Yes, Switch is still on v3, and I have high hopes for when the update might be coming out. Until then, I was counting on the statement in the official Technical Docs here https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...tendo-switch-and-pc-after-the-next-gen-update:

After you update your PC copy of the game to patch 4.0, you won’t be able to open those saves on the Nintendo Switch copy after transferring them using the GOG and Steam cloud save file integration, as the versions of the game will no longer match. You are, however, able to transfer from the Nintendo Switch to PC.

So it states that it should be possible to cross-progress between Switch v3 and PC v4, which is what I wanted to do. But I just cannot figure out why it is not working:
- Switch export to GOG succeeded
- Savegames between PS5 and PC versions are visible on both of them (cannot choose between cloud services on those platforms, so I assume that it is only GOG, because I bought the game on GOG and not on Steam)
- Only Switch savegames are not visibile anywhere

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the insights! Yes, Switch is still on v3, and I have high hopes for when the update might be coming out. Until then, I was counting on the statement in the official Technical Docs here https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...tendo-switch-and-pc-after-the-next-gen-update:

So it states that it should be possible to cross-progress between Switch v3 and PC v4, which is what I wanted to do. But I just cannot figure out why it is not working:
- Switch export to GOG succeeded
- Savegames between PS5 and PC versions are visible on both of them (cannot choose between cloud services on those platforms, so I assume that it is only GOG, because I bought the game on GOG and not on Steam)
- Only Switch savegames are not visibile anywhere
Not sure about GOG, but from what I read on the forum, Steam save transfert doesn't work anymore on Switch. Steam simply stopped to provide this feature (i.e the page to logging on your Steam account on Switch "can't be displayed").
At least, you can contact the support, they will provide you better answers than me :)
You can use this category to send a ticket > "contact us" button

Hey, thanks for the insights! Yes, Switch is still on v3, and I have high hopes for when the update might be coming out.
With the new update on Switch, everything should work fine ;)
Added a cross-progression feature between platforms which replaces the previous save file integration introduced in patch 3.6 for the Nintendo Switch. Your latest saves will be automatically uploaded to the cloud so you can easily pick up where you left off on other platforms. Cross-progression provides the latest save for every save type. This feature becomes available after you log into your account. Please note that it requires a GOG account regardless of your platform.

I watched this video and tryed to turn on cross progression on switch but i dond have button like video author. Anyone esle have it or cross progression still not working?
photo_2023-07-19_22-52-14.jpg

Attachments

• 1689796034347.png
    1689796034347.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 41
I watched this video and tryed to turn on cross progression on switch but i dond have button like video author. Anyone esle have it or cross progression still not working?View attachment 11358088
Your GOG account is linked?
(not sure on Switch, but on the main menu, you should have a "Rewards" tab in theory, which will ask you to link your GOG account if you click on it)
Check here in case :

I watched this video and tryed to turn on cross progression on switch but i dond have button like video author. Anyone esle have it or cross progression still not working?View attachment 11358088
I'm literally having the same problem as you. I logged in via the Rewards tab on the main menu but when I go to Load Game I don't have a button prompt for cloud saving and no other saves from my pc of playstation show up in my Load page either on the switch. I've checked if cloud progression is on in the settings for switch and it is on but it just isn't working for me.

I'm literally having the same problem as you. I logged in via the Rewards tab on the main menu but when I go to Load Game I don't have a button prompt for cloud saving and no other saves from my pc of playstation show up in my Load page either on the switch. I've checked if cloud progression is on in the settings for switch and it is on but it just isn't working for me.
In theory, if the cross-progression is enabled and the save on your Switch is the most recent* (on all platforms your account is linked), this save will be automatically uploaded on GOG server.
*If your save in more recent on your PC/Xbox/PS, your save on your Switch will never be uploaded (just need to create a new save).

In theory, if the cross-progression is enabled and the save on your Switch is the most recent* (on all platforms your account is linked), this save will be automatically uploaded on GOG server.
*If your save in more recent on your PC/Xbox/PS, your save on your Switch will never be uploaded (just need to create a new save).
That's the issue. I've been using the cross progression between my PS4 Pro and PC for the last 6 months so I know how it should work on the switch. I logged in on GOG after clicking the My Rewards and got my rewards which means my GOG account is logged in on my switch, in theory.
Going to the Load Page though doesn't show my cloud save from PC and PS4 and also doesn't give me the option or button prompt for cloud progression like it does on the PC and PS4 Load Page. On the switch in the Gameplay Tab within the Options menu you have the option to turn off or on cloud progression (by default it is on as stated in the patch notes and that's so that you can start playing your cloud save as soon as you have logged into your GOG account on switch).
I just wanna be able to play my up to date saves on the go :(

That's the issue. I've been using the cross progression between my PS4 Pro and PC for the last 6 months so I know how it should work on the switch. I logged in on GOG after clicking the My Rewards and got my rewards which means my GOG account is logged in on my switch, in theory.
Going to the Load Page though doesn't show my cloud save from PC and PS4 and also doesn't give me the option or button prompt for cloud progression like it does on the PC and PS4 Load Page. On the switch in the Gameplay Tab within the Options menu you have the option to turn off or on cloud progression (by default it is on as stated in the patch notes and that's so that you can start playing your cloud save as soon as you have logged into your GOG account on switch).
I just wanna be able to play my up to date saves on the go :(
Ok, it's annoying :(
At least, it must be an issue/bug, so I suggest to directly contact the support ("contact us" button).

Ok, it's annoying :(
At least, it must be an issue/bug, so I suggest to directly contact the support ("contact us" button).
Just got back with my ticket.
For anyone having the problem of not having the cross progression button prompt on the Load Page.
Close your game and open it again. Open My Rewards FIRST before the Load page and you should have a pop up stating and your rewards were redeemed.
If you get a pop up like that, you’re good to go. Open up the Load page and bam should have your cloud save there.
*For Witcher 3 Switch players*

Top Bottom