Crossbows. Yay or nay?

+

Crossbows. Yay or nay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossbows. Yay or nay?

So we recently learned that Geralt will be able to use crossbows, to some extent. Details are close to none, but I want to hear your opinions on how you would like the crossbow to be used.

I am going for a fifth option, waiting for more information before deciding wether I like it or not. There may be several uses for a crossbow besides hunting, even if the presence of it is not lore friendly.
Likewise.

Geralt seems to be doing ok with his sword alone:

That is with a flying monster/beast that chooses to go in for the kill. If there would be a monster that uses ranged attacks from the sky than those swords are completely useless.

It was a comment directly concerning sirens.

I am going for a fifth option, waiting for more information before deciding wether I like it or not. There may be several uses for a crossbow besides hunting, even if the presence of it is not lore friendly.
I'll hold my judgment until I know more as well, but for now it's a strong nay. I think it was unnecessary and that it could add very little to the game.

Crossbow will be good in hunting and attacking flying monsters you cant reach by normal methods. For me its yes.
You're right, I've always wanted to fight an imperial manticore since I've seen it in that flashback in The Witcher 2...

...And kill it with a crossbow.

I went for hunting only, but my vote is really hunting and specific quests only. If there're particular scenarios where a crossbow would help, fine, but not as an option in all combat.

I went with the same option. Just please, for the love of Tzeentch almighty, don't give Geralt rope bolts and sleep bolts.

In my opinion I don´t care but if I would develop Witcher 3 then adding crosbow for Witcher would be the last thing I would think about. There is no necessary need for this.

EDIT: Now I saw that screenshot with crossbow...that feels kinda awkward.

Last edited:
Geralt seems to be doing ok with his sword alone:

Your words made me remember the Beginning of TW1, in the Labaratory of Kaer Morhen, where the Professor kills Leo and runs into the teleport.
There Geralt threw his sword.... :D Maybe we'll be able to throw them now too?
(joking) ;-)

Hmm... there is another thing that came to mind. Up until now we've had 'scripted' encounters like we know in which area what we'll find.
Endregas, Nekkers in the flotsam forest.
Drowners in certain lakes and rivers.
Arachas in certain caves.
Wraiths in places that will scare you even from a distance.

But this time we'll be in a big world and know nothing, it's a big big world. I think the crossbow could be useful for certain encounters.

Hmm... there is another thing that came to mind. Up until now we've had 'scripted' encounters like we know in which area what we'll find.
Endregas, Nekkers in the flotsam forest.
Drowners in certain lakes and rivers.
Arachas in certain caves.
Wraiths in places that will scare you even from a distance.

But this time we'll be in a big world and know nothing, it's a big big world. I think the crossbow could be useful for certain encounters.

I can only imagine the sheer shock when a dragon or worse would come down from the sky as a complete suprise.

If it can be useful in fights with Griffons, harpees, or ..... A certain Dragon .... I can't see why not implement it as long as it stays limited in use, Geralt is no crossbow master and should not be so.

(and yes, I voted for the first option) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom