Crosshair after Hotfix 1.05

+
Hello there!

Although now with Hotfix 1.05 the crosshair dissappears properly when aiming with a weapon, there still remains a blue dot right in the middle of the screen after putting away the weapon. This happens with all weapons especially after using any smart weapon. After turning the crosshair in the settings off and on it is still there.

I have the crosshair anyways turned off, but unfortunately with crosshair turned off you can't see the interface of the smart weapons. Not that it's actually needed, but it looks very nice and i'd like to use it. Maybe the interface of smart weapons should be independant of the crosshair setting :p

Wasn't that blue dot always there? I haven't played since the 1.05 update (downloading it now), but I distinctly recall a blue dot being there with weapons holstered.

The blue dot definately was there, since launch.
No it wasn't.
In fact, I can open a save in 1.03 where I'm holding a tech pistol, draw it and put it away, no dot.
Open the same save in 1.04 or 1.05, it loads without a blue dot on the screen even, then draw and holster the pistol and the blue dot remains.
The persistent crosshair is specific to tech weapons. I can draw and holster other weapons and the crosshair vanishes.

Last edited:
I had the dot all the time, even with 1.03, what can I say? The game's a tad inconsistent to say the least.

Oh and I agree though, I hate it too, it's immersion breaking.

The persistent crosshair is specific to tech weapons. I can draw and holster other weapons and the crosshair vanishes.

Oh and thanks for mentioning that - I was wondering why I would have that damned crosshair with my gun holstered!

I had the dot all the time, even with 1.03, what can I say? The game's a tad inconsistent to say the least.

Oh and I agree though, I hate it too, it's immersion breaking.

Oh and thanks for mentioning that - I was wondering why I would have that damned crosshair with my gun holstered!
I think it has to do with the same bug that causes other screen elements to persist, like the green box for tutorial popups that other people have had persist. Loading in seems to clear it, but eventually if you pull out a tech gun enough times...
I've also gotten a persistent crosshair from other weapons when they are drawn and I use the scanner mode. After holstering, the huge crosshair is still there sometimes.

Top Bottom