Crows Perch attempted rape? *spoilers maybe?*

+
Crows Perch attempted rape? *spoilers maybe?*

I'm almost at end game for the third time and I don't remember hitting this scene before...

I was returning to Crows Perch for a Gwent card check - there's a cottage with a scaffold just before you hit the archway that leads to the path up to the barons castle. Anyway I decided to climb the small scaffold in case there was loot and a cut scene out of nowhere popped up (there was no indication I was going to happen upon it, no "!" To point it).

The scene had some of the Baron's henchmen sitting guard outside as a woman inside the cottage screamed as another henchman was attempting to rape her while the farmer who owned the cottage pleaded for help as the woman was his daughter. Geralt can either walk away or stop them (the dialogue is something like "I knew eventually one day I was going to have to kick your asses" - paraphrasing) and they're pretty tough to kill - something like level 45 (this happened the other day so I don't remember exactly).

After I got all the henchmen down (a struggle) there was absolutely no thanks, no reward, no experience and the victim just lay down on the bed in the house (her NPC name was "farmer's wife") and went to sleep - the farmer who begged for help buggered off never to be seen again lol. There was no acknowledgement of anything. It seemed a bit odd and I honestly don't even remember the first event Geralt might have ran into these particular Henchmen. Is this a bug from an actual event/quest or is it meant to be just a random thing? I did Google searches and searched here and can't find evidence of it. I would have replayed the event to check if it had a proper outcome but it took a good ten minutes to get them down the first time, no way was I replaying it haha.

Just seemed strange for Geralt to have to kill the henchmen but not get even a thanks or experience given the level they were.

If the Baron dies and his henchmen take over Crow's Perch, that's just one of the little mini-events that happen around the village.

There's a bunch of different scenarios that Geralt can walk up to and intervene, like the henchmen trying to hassle a merchant for money, and them just generally beating some random villager up etc. It's really just supposed to be a way of showing you the consequences of your choice/s and how the Baron's death has affected Crow's Perch, the notion that although the Baron was still a bit of a prick, he probably was the lesser evil as far as Crow's Perch is concerned.

As for not getting any thanks, well I don't know about you, but whenever I do anything for anyone as Geralt, the last thing I expect is that he'll be getting a thanks. There's that whole sequence in the White Orchard Inn (Portraying - sort-of, at least the essence of it - one of the classic sequences from the books) showing how people will scorn Witcher's, or simply disregard their actions, even when they are trying to help or do something good.
It is of course a little weird that the AI just kind of goes over to the bed and has a little sleep, probably just a design oversight where they let the AI default to their normal routine after, rather than have perhaps an appropriate moment where the female character sits and sobs, or goes to hug her husband or something like that. Stuff like that just tends to happen in a game this large, it's a little lame but it's bound to happen, and ultimately the meaning behind that sequence still comes across.

Hmm... I managed to keep Baron alive in my two games. Now I'm going my third round. Maybe I should "kill" Baron this time, so that I can start hunting those mini events :) I'm just about to start that questline! Just that one Keira quest first...

Thanks for this tip!

I got this scene and my Baron was alive (traveled with wife somewhere to heal her). I guess this is just ilustration what soldiers do without supervision.

Oh, this tread was awesome! Thanks for those tips :) I just checked Crow's Perch with my previous game save and found a few events even with my Baron alive.

I rescued that farmer's wife and she DID say "Sir, thank you" or something like that, but there was no actual dialogue or scene for it. That was said in "casual NPC style".

It was barely a fight. I killed them all with one blow :D That save was after completing the main game and HoS. So that "thank you" was just fine for me :) You truly need to "find" that rape scene, but I wonder how I could have missed that other one. I just needed to turn a little left (just after bridge) from my usual path and there it was.

The both small events in Crows perch exist by both variants: If the baron is dead or alive... After completing the quest with the baron in the swamp you must go back to Crows perch and then his adjutant has definitely taken control of the the castle. You can help first some people near the first gate and then in village itself the lady who should be raped by soldiers. After that you can speak with the adjutant about that near the blacksmiths. There's only a different in that dialogue if the baron is dead or alive... So sorry: Nothing new in this thread :rolleyes: as sv3672 wrote already in past:
Yes, regardless of what happens to the baron, his sergeant takes over Crow's Perch, with the same consequences to the villagers.

The both small events in Crows perch exist by both variants: If the baron is dead or alive... After completing the quest with the baron in the swamp you must go back to Crows perch and then his adjutant has definitely taken control of the the castle. You can help first some people near the first gate and then in village itself the lady who should be raped by soldiers. After that you can speak with the adjutant about that near the blacksmiths. There's only a different in that dialogue if the baron is dead or alive... So sorry: Nothing new in this thread :rolleyes: as sv3672 wrote already in past:

Oh bummer... I didn't check that adjutant! I need to go back again at some point :D

By the way, if I have chosen that line, where Baron is alive, can I sometime to meet him again? Just interested if we could talk about what happened later?

Thanks for all the replies. My baron luved and this happened. It was funny just finding it accidentally and made me wonder if I'd botched something weeks ago lol.

I was always pissed I couldn't kill that sergeant. Knob face deserved death.

one of the main reasons i always keep the final fist fight for champion of Velen for the time i come back to Crow's Perch... i stop those men, then go kick Seargant's ass...

By the way, if I have chosen that line, where Baron is alive, can I sometime to meet him again? Just interested if we could talk about what happened later?

No... He left Velen with his wife to the blue mountains and never came back in this game. Perhaps some content for a DLC... Sorry for you, I would be happy to see him again to get informations about the health of Anna too. :cat:

one of the main reasons i always keep the final fist fight for champion of Velen for the time i come back to Crow's Perch... i stop those men, then go kick Seargant's ass...

I also do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hit him!!! :devil:

Last edited:
The guys do crap things even if the Baron survive ? this was bad,means that release the ancient spirit from the tree is the less Evil,I very curious to know what happens to the kids that the Black Horse save,hope to see this in Blood and Wine...

Yes, regardless of what happens to the baron, his sergeant takes over Crow's Perch, with the same consequences to the villagers.

Well, there you go. I plead my ignorance.

I've only played through once, in which the Baron died in that one, so I just made the assumption that if the Baron lived he would keep Crow's Perch and the soldiers wouldn't have taken over.

At least the essence of my post was still mostly correct, just ignore the whole, "Baron's Death" stuff :p

The guys do crap things even if the Baron survive ? this was bad,means that release the ancient spirit from the tree is the less Evil,I very curious to know what happens to the kids that the Black Horse save,hope to see this in Blood and Wine...

A consequence of the Whispering Hillock quest exists only for the village of Downwarren not for Crows Perch.

A consequence of the Whispering Hillock quest exists only for the village of Downwarren not for Crows Perch.
Oh, it does have consequences for Crow's Perch in the long run, too. These consequences are just not covered in what we see in TW3.

If the baron lives, he might return some day, and control his gang again, as he did before... which was not very controlled at all, but at least some sort of control.
Or he won't, because he is dead - then they will stick to their gangster mob ways unless someone eradicates them. Dijkstra / Radovid might achieve just that.

Oh, it does have consequences for Crow's Perch in the long run, too. These consequences are just not covered in what we see in TW3.

If the baron lives, he might return some day, and control his gang again, as he did before... which was not very controlled at all, but at least some sort of control.
Or he won't, because he is dead - then they will stick to their gangster mob ways unless someone eradicates them. Dijkstra / Radovid might achieve just that.

Okay okay... :laughing: This thread deals in my opinion with the real consequences in the game. Perhaps afterwards Anna is healthy, the baron is happy and then he is breaking his neck by falling of his horse... Who knows?! :evil:

Or perhaps the baron and Anna are waylaid and killed by a bunch of nekkers on the way to the Blue Mountains. ;)

For me, it is more fun to try and weigh the pros and cons of not only the short term consequences, but also the long term consequences. Even if I never learn if these consequences will come to pass or not. Like, well, like messing around in TW2 until I got the "perfect" ending - only then the greater evil overpowered the northern kingdoms anyway. And apparently, nothing really mattered. Oh well. :)

Top Bottom