Crypt outside the village

+
Crypt outside the village

I want to add some more Xp and I am searching places where mosnters lurk.... There are 2 crypts.. one in the fields and one outside the village, on the road that leads to the lakeside. Do the monsters respawn in there if I don't advance the quest with Berengar? As there is a pretty good supply of Alps and Bruxae..

You have the 2 crypts but imo the one in the fields provides the more variations in monsters . Also on Black Tern Island (Lady of the Lake location) there are Wyverns and Royal Wyverns that respawn as well as the basilisks . Also to the far side of the elves camp wolves respawn there and drowners by the fisherman`s hut . In the fields you have noonwraiths in daytime , nightwraiths at night and devourers also .There are quite a few times that vodyanoi can be found by the fisherman`s hut too .

The basilisks on Black Tern Island give a really huge amount of experience for some reason, even though they're not that hard to kill. If you want to experience grind (though you don't need to for this game), I'd start with them.

Thank you so much.... I did not remember basilisks had that much Xp.. as for the second crypt by the lakeside, I was curious, because after we got out with Berengar to have "small talk", I went back in but no monsters respawned...
And another thing about respawning... How often do the monsters respawn in each location... For example... especially for the basilisks do I have to meditate for several hours, or do I have to leave the island and come back again?
As for nightwraiths, I am a little early in this chapter (haven't advanced the heat of the day at all) and by surprise the only monster I find wandering at night in the fields, are devourers.... As for the Giant centipedes, although I need their Xp, they are the most annoying creatures (after the drowners and all that) to find as they are pretty unreliable and hard to find....

Someone may correct me if i`m mistaken but i think basilisks and the wyverns respawn about every 24 hours . Igni works good on the Giant centipedes and all you need to is cross between the wrecked bridge to the burned house , if any are in the area they`ll find you .

with a little bit of experimenting, I found out that basilisks, respawn every 24 hours as Tommy said... but I was disapointed at the same time, because after I meditated for a couple of days and killed some basilisks, I went back to the lakeside for a quest, then came back to Black Tern island to rack up a few more Xp from the basilisks, and they haven't respawned ever since... I tried to go back to the lakeside, kill other monsters in Murky waters, went back to BT island again but nothing.. the most profitable monsters on this chapter did not appear... does anyone know what I must do?
As for the Giant Centipede, Tommy is right again. I always find them between the ruins and the broken bridge, but I only find one or two per night... (before the 1.5 patch, I used to find more to kill...)

For me the Centipedes come at least 3 at a time on the 1.5 patch . You may find 1 or 2 more around the burned house but further toward the inn next to the first set of trees . Since you are just beginning the chapter it may be worthwhile to further a quest or two to see if you can then get a few more monsters to respawn . You wouldn`t be after the infamous level 50 would you ?
The Wyverns should give a bit of XP too . You can find them down by the Vodyanoi altar .

Why yes as a matter of a fact ... For the first time I am trying to reach level 50... so far I am in level 39 on Chapter IV...
The weird thing right now, is that I have finished all secondary quests (only Berengar, and Paths of Destiny are ongoing) and the wyverns and basilisks have disappeared from Black Tern island... I was scratching my head trying to figure out what to do....
I don't encounter many centipeds unfortunately.. I always find none further from the inn and the most reliable places right now, are the fields day and night and the crypt in the fields...
I will follow your advice and advance a main quest to see what happens...

The crypt in the fields should provide an assortment of monsters for XP and you can usually find a wyvern by the altar where you meet the wild hunt , there are also more wyverns on the back side of the fields next to a small cemetery with a couple of bodies that respawn . If you have the distance in the options>advanced panel set to far and press the alt tab it may also help you to locate monsters you can`t see while in the fields .

Now that is sth that I didn't know... will definitely use it while searching for them!!

Edit: Ok so I tried what you said but apparently I am doing sth wrong. I have the distance setting to far and I am pressing the Alt button but nothing happens... what am I doing wrong?

If you press Alt, but there is nothing to reveal, nothing will happen.

My experience is that the monsters respawn every midnight. Just wait at the Black Tern Island campfire if you're after wyverns and basilisks, at any of the campfires in the Fields if you want giant centipedes, devourers, and wyverns, or at the elves' camp if you want drowners, Vodyanoi, wyverns and wolves.

Since Black Tern Island is the only place basilisks and royal wyverns spawn, I would camp out there to grind XP, as Corylea advised earlier.

When you press the alt button depending on where you are you should see three colors . NPC`s , herbs , and containers will show a light blue , friendly NPC`s will show green , and enemy NPC`s , and monsters will show red . So anytime you see red that would be some sort of XP .

THanks for the advice guys... I shall try it anew... But I am seriously pissed with the Basilisks.... I have finished a main quest (the heat of the day just to advance the plot) but when I go to Black Tern island, I see no stupid Basilisks... I tried to camp there and meditate for almost a virtual day and the weird thing is that all the wyverns and loyal wyverns have disappeared as well.... I shall try it again just in case the game system decides to make them appear again...

Top Bottom