ctd

+
ctd

I know this subject has been beat to death, but I have played through act 11 without to much trouble ( I have 1.2 patch installed ) but I am currently in act 111 and the crashes occur every few minutes, I have increased the page file and tried just about every other remedy to no avail, I don't know what the difference is between this act and the previous ones, but it is becoming so annoying I am ready to give up on this game, and have enjoyed it immensely up to this point, but enough is enough.I have a top of the line Alienware area 57 with dual Nvidia 8800GTX cards running in SLI mode and have not had any trouble with previous games, anybody have an answer?

What are the rest of your system specs? Chapter 3 has a lot of scripts running, which loads your CPU.

Vista? Crashing on load/save? I noticed that my game only started crashing (always on save/load) after installing patch 1.2. I can usually play for several hours without any problems though. Vista has seperate issues from XP with this game so we need to know what your running before we can help.

It happens to me as well, and looks like a memory leak. The game crashes after about an hour of play in Chapter I, and after only 20 mins. in Chapter III. That's to be expected, because the Trade Quarter requires considerably more memory and processor power. It usually crashes when loading a large area (Trade Quarter again) or saving a game after a prolonged gaming session, although I've had it crash while running through Trade Quarter as well. I really hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Top Bottom