Curious now...

+
Curious now...

... anyone know of any youtube clips of the hexer series with english subtitles? I know its supposed to be abysmally bad but I'm curious now and wouldn't mind taking a look at an episode or two! ;D

The only Youtube episode I found with subtitles is of Episode 5 (Part 1). I couldn't find the second part of it. When I watched it, I did it through a different method (which I'm not going to go into here). I need the subtitles b/c I can't speak/read another language unfortunately. I read somewhere you can buy it off of amazon.If that is the case, I'm probably going to buy it come October. I just need to convince my husband a good reason I want it :DWhen I viewed it, I viewed it with an open mind. I had read the negative views, but to my surprise I liked it. :)

If you do find it on Amazon make sure its Hexer series not Hexer the movie The movie is not grate but have seen a lot worse as movies go. And dose have english subtitles Also if you have not read any of the book you could be a bit lost.

The Hexer subtitles in google...but you cant use them with youtube ;)What the hell, if you cant buy the stuff d/l the series and subs with it...Its not all that bad as people keep posting...but its the kind of bad that has its moments, lead character is really good (a good actor anyways), some supporting too...interactions and dialogues are fairly good too as I remember (cant say anything bout translations though).

Hmm i might just order the dvd then when i have a little spare cash - I love most kinds of movies with magic and pretty costumes in lol especially if theres some swordfighting in there as well, so even if it is bad i am sure i will probably enjoy it ;D

It's really not a bad series, yes it's cheesy at times, but the lead character is good, the dialogue (subtitles) is ok, no it's not GREAT tv, but I at least enjoyed the series. Lots of nice visuals, swordfighting, costumes, horses, rubber monsters.... If you enjoyed the old Xena and Hercules tv shows, you will probably enjoy the movie. I've not read any of the books, but was able to follow the show OK. I am speaking of the tv series, not the movie (which I have not watched).

The DVD movie is made of various bits of the TV show cut and pasted together; to my knowledge, there is no DVD of the complete TV series, though the episodes are available for download on the web. I haven't seen either the movie or the TV show, but people have said that the TV show is reasonably good -- made on the cheap, but well-done for what it is -- whereas the movie is supposed to be nearly incomprehensible.I don't know who gets the money if you buy the movie. If it goes to the people who made the TV show, then what I'd recommend is that you buy the movie, then download the episodes of the TV show and watch those instead. Buying the DVD will mean that you've supported the people who made the show, but watching the show instead of the movie will mean that you get a better version. Since it doesn't seem possible to buy the TV show, buying the movie and downloading and watching the TV show seems to me to be the ethical course.

Then that is what i shall probably do, methinks! Thank you for the advice, Corylea (and everyone else! its much appreciated!) ;D

How good is your German? ;D We have a review of the movie and the serial http://www.the-witcher.de/?go=TheHexerFilm it contains some vdioeclips (in Polish), The review is made from a guest writer, a member of the LARP Gruppe Wiedźmin (who were in the news here some time ago). Maybe you want to contact the members to get more detailed info. They are really into this subject.mentioned episodes of the review:
Smoke (The limits of possibility)Okruch lodu (A shard of ice)Mniejsze zło (The lesser evil)[/URL]
If you know the short stories you may recognize the scene though you don't understand the Polish dialogues.

I only speak english :( i've finished my degree now though, perhaps its time i started learning a second language... *ponder* ;D

Guest 2005166

Lyonesse said:
I only speak english :( i've finished my degree now though, perhaps its time i started learning a second language... *ponder* ;D
Is it embarrassing to admit I somehow enjoyed the series? I understand just a few words in polish but watched the whole (I guess so at least) series on youtube... < :whatthe:It´s not super great, but for a Tv-Series it could really be worse. Darn, I even caught myself searching for a rerun on polish television and if I could receive it here in Berlin, lol.When watching, "The Hexer" I often reminded the "Janosik" series. I´m a wee bitty upset the movie was such a flop, it could have been great and I like Żebrowski in it.Cheeriooo!

Hmm on episode 10 now and apart from the fact that they played fast and loose with the storyline and with Geralt's basic character as well as with the whole witcher / caer morhen thing, its actually been surprisingly enjoyable! ;D

Lyonesse said:
Nowadays one really has to consider to learn Polish as a second language... at least as a Witcher / Sapkowski fan :teeth:The Wiedźmin group speak English if you want to hear/read their opinion about the Hexer movie & serial. They have quite a positive opinion of the film film adaptation and give reasons for it.

do you happen to have a link for that? I shall swing by and take a look i think! I might rewatch the whole lot in the near future actually... *ponder*

This is the website http://www.students.uni-mainz.de/bienia/wiedzmin/index.html They know Polish as wellemail webmaster@wiedzmin.de, you can talk to Mikal (don't confuse with Mikul ;D )

I actually enjoyed The Hexer series much more than the movie which was, in my opinion, very unjust in cuts.I downloaded both the series and movie from torrents... quite simple actually. Now I regret the waste of the movie. :mad:I was very impressed with the movie, as it was done professionally in my opinion. I got a real feel of the Witchers world so I say: Well Done :peace:

I also enjoyed the series, it was dubbed in my language too, but most people I know here in my country playing Witcher really hated the series... I really liked it, it was not a glamorous hollywood super special effects movie they probably expect, I liked it the way it was, natural, raw ;D and so real ;DAfter I watched the series I never watched a movie...

I have no interest in watching the movie at all given the bad press its had, but the series is another matter... I'm currently working my way through it a second time! it may not be that much like the books but its still good viewing. Mind you I love anything that involves swords, magic, strange beasties and fairy tales so its probably not surprising I liked it... ;D

McAvelin said:
I also enjoyed the series, it was dubbed in my language too, but most people I know here in my country playing Witcher really hated the series... I really liked it, it was not a glamorous hollywood super special effects movie they probably expect, I liked it the way it was, natural, raw ;D and so real ;DAfter I watched the series I never watched a movie...
Good for You. The movie was a total disaster, the series a work of art. ;)You never know, maybe some time in the future... they can do a remake of the classic series which would be multi-lingually dubbed,and also a special effects movie which would have nothing to do with the series. Now that would would be cool 8)But hey, I'm still waking up, so part of my dreams are coming through here... Like I said, this common make series deserves all the credit it can get. :peace:p.S. - I didn't even understand a word in the series, only subtitles for me, but I enjoyed it and re-watched it several times. Now, doesn't that tell you something? :whistle:
McAvelin said:
I have no interest in watching the movie at all given the bad press its had, but the series is another matter... I'm currently working my way through it a second time!
If you start watching the movie after the series, you'll switch it off as soon as you reach 10-20 min because your expectations will be cut. Keep watching, this is too real to be a fake :hmmm:

Wow, just finished watching the series and I really am surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Sure the special effects, fights, and costumes were laughable (sometimes painfully so. I nearly died seeing the striga! I blame CD Projekt for making an epic fight scene, though.) but they did a great job with the character development. Zebrowski does a wonderful Geralt and I really love the guy who played Dandelion. If they weren't so good, I probably wouldn't have bothered watching more than two episodes. Their Geralt seems a lot more... soft, than I would've imagined, but I enjoyed it. Either way, it was a nice spin on the short stories and an insightful look into the Witcher's universe. I don't think I'm going to bother with the movie, but I plan on revisiting the show later.

Top Bottom