Current Card List - Gwentify

+
I understand what you're said, but don't treat like Hearthstone is the only one card game out there.

Yeap, it is not, but yet, is is the biggest and the most popular one at the moment. And many games try to copy solutions from HS (not because those solutions are invented by HS devs, only because are popularized by HS).

Personally I am not a fan of copying so many solutions from HS. Maybe one or two, but if there are more of them, then it will not be healthy for Gwents uniqueness.

Last edited:
You're right and I try not to. I knew about Yugioh, but since there isn't a popular digital version the comparison didn't seem as prescient. Both are just different takes on instants in MTG -- I wish we could see something more innovative on the Gwent side, instead of a similar take. There are other ways to interact on an opponents turn (or we could just not interact on their turn and the world won't collapse).

We'll see how they play out. Maybe they won't be prevalent.

^
Thanks for both of you .. Can you please tell us what dwarven adventurer does ? Or was that Denis Cranmer ?

It's the only new card whose ability's unknown

S Denis Kranmer 4str mele. Choose 2 non-gold your units and add 3 to each of em.
S Holger Blackhand 7str ranged. Choose 3 non-gold enemy units and remove 1 str from each.
G Hjalmar 10 Str mele. Make Undvik Giant(5str) on enemy side. Then Giant dead Hjalmar get +10str.
G Vernon Roche 8str mele. Choose ANY unit on enemy and remove 5str from it.
G iImlerich 9str male. Choose ANY unit on enemy side remove 3str from it and 1str from all units in this row.
G Blood Baron 6str male. Sumon igosha or chur.
One of them have 3str and can take 1 non gold unit from graveyard.Other have 4st and some ability.
"Remove strength...", "Add strength...", "Remove strength..." everywhere. Half of the heroes now have this as a special, "unique" ability. I would love to see more really interesting abilities in game like Hjalmar, Caranthir, Ciri, Dijkstra, or Milva, because now this new mechanic really starts looking like Hearthstone's "minions fight", where whole game is about dealing damage with your minions :(

Nice video, thanks. I see Commander's Horn still works in new way, not as a glyph. And that is why I do not understand why this is still in game. I am missing something, or it is useless area now?

Last edited:
"Remove strength...", "Add strength...", "Remove strength..." everywhere. Half of the heroes now have this as a special, "unique" ability. I would love to see more really interesting abilities in game like Hjalmar, Caranthir, Ciri, Dijkstra, or Milva, because now this new mechanic really starts looking like Hearthstone's "minions fight", where whole game is about dealing damage with your minions

Some while ago I started thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/131820-DOES-CDP-RED-transform-GWENT-into-next-copy-of-HS-!

Pity that with time there are more and more reasons to add next points :(

I see Commander's Horn still works in new way, not as a glyph. And that is why I do not understand why this is still in game. I am missing something, or it is useless area now?

I think it is a bug or problem of early version (maybe they do not know yet how it should work and they test various solutions). Also weather cards do not put glyphs, when they definately should. I see there are many things to improve/correct when we will get access to beta and be able to influence on the shape of the Gwent.

Last edited:
"Remove strength...", "Add strength...", "Remove strength..." everywhere. Half of the heroes now have this as a special, "unique" ability.
At least they're not raw stat without ability. I'm sure there are lot more hero with unique abilities, we just don't see it yet.

At least they're not raw stat without ability. I'm sure there are lot more hero with unique abilities, we just don't see it yet.

i think 10 strength with 5 damage is better then flat 15. But we are seeing a lot of these cards. I hope they tone it down a bit.

About Glyph. Now all cards work like Sorceries from MTG (instant effect atfter cast) i think we still can get some card that work like MTG Enchantment with (affect board till end of the round). Mooshrooms can be this card,or something like it. In this case we must get cards that can kill glyphs.
Yeah, I was talking about this new buff/debuff mechanic here, because I think players do not really understand how big impact to the gameplay these changes had. I think a lot of opportunities have been cut out from the game along with the glyphs.

Originally Posted by insartpl
I see Commander's Horn still works in new way, not as a glyph. And that is why I do not understand why this is still in game. I am missing something, or it is useless area now?
I think it is a bug or problem of early version (maybe they do not know yet how it should work and they test various solutions). Also weather cards do not put glyphs, when they definately should.

It seems they are trying out how they want those cards to work. It does add some new tactical possiblities it seems like, I am not sure how to think about them though. I don't really think weather glyphs are necessary, we can already see the weather effects on the row itself. And if for instance Commander's Horn is left the way it is now, there indeed is no real need for those glyph slots. I think their removal would make the screen less busy and direct the attention more to the battlefield itself instead of away from it. (I guess that should be discussed in another thread)

I guess we shall see how it will all pan out when we get some more information and time in the beta itself.

Who is the monster on the left???!

It must be mother crone!

It has claws like the thing in the tree and it's holding a child!

Wow nice! Here's my feedback regarding the artwork so listen up CDPR cause I have an eye for beauty : )

Scoiatael:

- Francesca: As I have already mentioned, her artwork seems very out of character to me. The moment she's depicted in as well as the spectral snakes are very nonsensical and random unless there is a reason for them and it's going to be explained in the Scoiatael campaign.

- Saskia: Please tell me there is going to be an artwork of her in her human form as well!

- Ida: OMG love this one! Wish she looked like this in-game as well : )

Monsters:

I like all the artwork except for the drowner. It all kind of blends in and you have hard time working out the creature's anatomy from that shot.

Skellige:

Crach- I've already mentioned somewhere that his artowkr could use some colder colors to make it stand out more hen it's side by side with Foltest.

Other than that I love all other Skellige artwork : ) I just wish we could see Hjalmar's face. His card may as well be the Ice Giant's card.

Norhtern Realms:

- Radovid: Okay CDRP, LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE. What the hell is this supposed to be depicting? I think that the intention here was to show the moment when Radovid was torturing Philippa by removing her eyes. HOWEVER, those of us who were there when this was taking place know that it looked NOTHING like this.

- Philippa was wearing different clothes or at least the clothes she has now + sleeves.
- Radovid was wearing gold armor.
- Her eyes were removed with a spoon.

I know the lore is now ruined beyond repair but can we please stop this? I'd appreciate a new Radovid card with maybe him playing the chess rather than this either inaccurate depiction of what happened in Loc Muinne or a fan fiction what it would look like if he captured her again.

Shani - As I've said the current artwork doesn't do her justice. Too much sewers too little Shani in it.

Other than that I love all the NR artwork : )

Top Bottom