Current Card List - Gwentify

+
http://www.gwentdb.com/
All cards here !

I like elven face down ability. Looks interesting.

I that been confirmed? Is that all of them? Is about 200 cards...that would be a bit disappointment because a lot of them are special and neutral cards plus leader cards so factions itself don't have more then 20-25 cards only.

Other thing lots of cards have now remove or add strength (Don't know yet or is this good or bad, have to play first) and hope game will not turn into Hearthstone.

Last edited:
I that been confirmed? Is that all of them? Is about 200 cards...that would be a bit disappointment because a lot of them are special and neutral cards plus leader cards so factions itself don't have more then 20-25 cards only.

Other thing lots of cards have now remove or add strength (Don't know yet or is this good or bad, have to play first) and hope game will not turn into Hearthstone.

These are most of the cards for the Closed Beta - There could still be some more.
But these will be the ones we get to play with During Closed Beta.

There will likely be many many more cards upon release.

Elven face down ability is awesome indeed. I wonder one thing about it actually. How does it work with Eithne ability? And in general, can those cards be copied and played again like any other cards?

- Radovid: Okay CDRP, LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE. What the hell is this supposed to be depicting? I think that the intention here was to show the moment when Radovid was torturing Philippa by removing her eyes. HOWEVER, those of us who were there when this was taking place know that it looked NOTHING like this.

I completely disagree. The artwork for this card is incredible, one of the best in the game, and I think that makes it immune to lore nit-picks. The fact is that this type of event happened in the lore, the artist depicts it as he/she feels. There are obviously limits to how much something can change but I think this is a perfect example of an interpretation that worked our incredibly well.

Yes the artwork is very well done but I just cannot get over how disrespectful to the lore this is, sorry.

It looks like a fan fiction about what would happen if Radovid captured Philippa again.

Radovid card is one thing, but I just can't stand Sabrina card. I mean, where is the wheel? Henselt card - the same scene - wheel is right there!

Other things I don't like:

Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry/ Light Cavalry- someone wrote about it on polish forum I belive - Dun Banner IS light cavalry brigade.These two cards should be renamed to Keadweni Knight/Heavy Cavalry and just DB Cavalry.

Margarita's ability - Ban Ard Adept? That's just nonsense, should be Aretuza Adept. If some card must be connected to Ban Ard it should be Dethmold or Bras, not Margarita...

Vran Warrior - I'm not sure if I like Vrans as part od Monsters Faction. They are/were sentient and civilized creatures, non-humans, not monsters.

Dol Blathanna Marksman - DB Trapper and DB Archer looks like part of the same army, but DB outfit is almost the same as the one of Blue Mountain Commando, don't feel right.

One last thing - some characters have surnames, other only first names etc. John Natalis - name and surname, Isengrim - just name, Dijkstra - just surname. For leaders: Harald is Harald the Cripple, but Radovid is just Radovid, not Radovid V the Stern? King Bran - I would prefer Bran an Tuirseach, Harald was also a king os Skellige. Eredin and Francesca without surnames and so on...

You made some very good points, well spotted!

Vran Warrior - I'm not sure if I like Vrans as part od Monsters Faction. They are/were sentient and civilized creatures, non-humans, not monsters.

The same goes for the Aen Elle. The Wild Hunt are ofcourse monsters for people of the continent, so I could get into them being in the Monsters faction with Eredin as one of their leaders. It seems really strange though that Ge'els is another Monsters leader. Now two of the three monster leaders are Aen Elle, while Ge'els is merely acting in Eredin's stead to rule over the Aen Elle in their home world, but not really actively participating in the Wild Hunt's expeditions. She Who Knows seems a better candidate as a Monsters leader and would give some variation to its three leaders (although she claims to have been a druidess, but still was a monster towards people in Velen). They must have thought of that, but I still wonder about the decision.

Brouver Hoog also seems weird as a faction leader. Yes, he is the Elder of Mahakam and a lot of its subjects became part of the Scoia'tael. But as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong, he actually prevented some dwarves to join the Scoia'tael. In that case Isengrim Faoiltiarna seems a better candidate as leader. He was after all the leader of the Vrihedd brigade and played a pivotal role on Thanedd for instance. His gold card is nice in itself though (except for the missing surname).

You made some very good points, well spotted!

The same goes for the Aen Elle. The Wild Hunt are ofcourse monsters for people of the continent, so I could get into them being in the Monsters faction with Eredin as one of their leaders. It seems really strange though that Ge'els is another Monsters leader. Now two of the three monster leaders are Aen Elle, while Ge'els is merely acting in Eredin's stead to rule over the Aen Elle in their home world, but not really actively participating in the Wild Hunt's expeditions. She Who Knows seems a better candidate as a Monsters leader and would give some variation to its three leaders (although she claims to have been a druidess, but still was a monster towards people in Velen). They must have thought of that, but I still wonder about the decision.

Brouver Hoog also seems weird as a faction leader. Yes, he is the Elder of Mahakam and a lot of its subjects became part of the Scoia'tael. But as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong, he actually prevented some dwarves to join the Scoia'tael. In that case Isengrim Faoiltiarna seems a better candidate as leader. He was after all the leader of the Vrihedd brigade and played a pivotal role on Thanedd for instance. His gold card is nice in itself though (except for the missing surname).

I agree on Ge'els and i don't think the ability fits him. This is the ability you will use on nekkers or arachas etc. it's odd that an Aen elle leader has synergie with creatures instead of the wild hunt units. I would love to see this abilitiy on She who knows. Ge'els could then be introduced later as either the fourth leader card or as a gold card. His ability should then synergies with the wild hunt units(maybe work as a monsters nest for the WH units).

- Saskia: Please tell me there is going to be an artwork of her in her human form as well!

- Radovid: Okay CDRP, LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE. What the hell is this supposed to be depicting? I think that the intention here was to show the moment when Radovid was torturing Philippa by removing her eyes. HOWEVER, those of us who were there when this was taking place know that it looked NOTHING like this.

- Philippa was wearing different clothes or at least the clothes she has now + sleeves.
- Radovid was wearing gold armor.
- Her eyes were removed with a spoon.

I know the lore is now ruined beyond repair but can we please stop this? I'd appreciate a new Radovid card with maybe him playing the chess rather than this either inaccurate depiction of what happened in Loc Muinne or a fan fiction what it would look like if he captured her again.

There is a human form for Saskia, which will be released in the future :) We have multiple versions of Geralt in the game at the moment and will be doing the same with other major characters such as Saskia.

I don't think that's really very fair to say the lore is ruined beyond repair. Generally the artists and other teams at CDP try to stay true to the lore as best they can. The majority of illustrations handle this very well in my opinion. Sometimes artistic license is taken in order to make compositions look better and also to differentiate characters.

For example Stennis and Radovid were sometimes confused in the past, hence why they purposely look different. Knowing the card instantly from the visual is an important part of making sure things are correct.

Oh thanks guys! Heavy stone was lifted from my heart : )

About the lore, I meant the W2 save import and being a Iorveth path fan, I almost screamed when I saw Radovid's fan fiction artwork :D

You are right the majority of artwork is truly excellent!

And yes that is a good point, both Stennis and Radovid wore golden armor and have shaved heads so I understand how they could get confused.

I still think that Radovid's artwork could be replaced with a better one lore-wise such as him playing the chess in W3 or him shielding himself from Saskia's fire in W2 (still in golden armor though).

We already have Henselt torturing a sorceress in his artwork so Radovid doing a different activity would be a good contrast in my opinion.

There is a human form for Saskia, which will be released in the future :) We have multiple versions of Geralt in the game at the moment and will be doing the same with other major characters such as Saskia.

I don't think that's really very fair to say the lore is ruined beyond repair. Generally the artists and other teams at CDP try to stay true to the lore as best they can. The majority of illustrations handle this very well in my opinion. Sometimes artistic license is taken in order to make compositions look better and also to differentiate characters.

For example Stennis and Radovid were sometimes confused in the past, hence why they purposely look different. Knowing the card instantly from the visual is an important part of making sure things are correct.

Talking about artists, who's behind the illustration of Ida Emean ? Cause he or she deserves a box of cookies. This image is truly stunning.

Ida's artwork is excellent! Also, do u think that is the cat we have been seeing in W3 all the time? Is it her spy or something?

I agree on Ge'els and i don't think the ability fits him. This is the ability you will use on nekkers or arachas etc. it's odd that an Aen elle leader has synergie with creatures instead of the wild hunt units. I would love to see this abilitiy on She who knows. Ge'els could then be introduced later as either the fourth leader card or as a gold card. His ability should then synergies with the wild hunt units(maybe work as a monsters nest for the WH units).

I didn't even think about his ability yet, you're totally right. The ability in itself could suit Ge'els, but considering the cards with which it would synergize (as far as we are aware), it does seem off. What you propose would be a welcome change:)

Generally the artists and other teams at CDP try to stay true to the lore as best they can. The majority of illustrations handle this very well in my opinion. Sometimes artistic license is taken in order to make compositions look better and also to differentiate characters.

I concur, along with a lot of other people, that the artists truly are doing an amazing job! Every card tells something about what they depict in quite a lot of detail. Even the cards that in my opinion don't totally work are in themselves well thought out and nice to look at.

There still are some issues though with variations and some similiraties, as others have already pointed out. (Like the similar depictions of Henselt and Radovid and the difference between Sabrina and Henselt. I would like to expand on the latter a bit and give my feedback on their artworks: The wheel is not on Sabrina's card, although the focus of that art is on her, whereas the wheel is behind her in Henselt card where the focus is on Henselt. I think it would be more intuitive to leave the wheel out on Henselts card, as it doesn't really add to focus on Henselt and his appearance. The same as their artistic license in the case of Radovid. It seems more valuable to stay true to the lore on Sabrina's card, as there she is depicted on her own. A wheel behind her would add more to the story depicted on her artwork. It now looks more like a generic witch burning in Loc Muinne or on Hierarch Square, whilst there is a lot more to it in her case.)

In my opinion the Nekker Warrior also seems a bit odd. He seems to blend in with its surroundings, something we don't really see in the other card arts. The Nekkers are of the same colour pallet as its surroundings, just like the Nekker Warrior, but they are in the meantime very well distinguishable.

Late Ignition but what's your opinion on the fact that Scoia'tael became the most flexible Faction, due to the fact that most of their units can be placed on any row ?

Warsaw Games Week (will have more pics after Saturday or / and Sunday)

So far I've only played 2 games - Skellige and Scoia'Tael

Nothing new from Huge Cards hanged under the ceiling.

Free Stuff: http://imgur.com/a/CBbHj

Changes: Eredin is now 10 Strength ; more to come tommorrow

Note: Francesca's leader card is better than we thought - It's not that you have to immediately choose all 3 cards that are going to be replaced by random ones from the deck, but rather you draw cards, 1 by 1 and in between draws you get a choice which one you want to swap, you can also choose the card that you've randomly received.

Stammelford's Tremors' animation is similar to Dimeritium Bomb / Barclay Els, but the effect is red instead.

General Interface has slightly changed:

You have the icon indicator showing how many cards you have in your hand (including Leader Card).

Skellige gets buffed in between rounds, but their cards' Strength doesn't turn into green, which means that you can decoy / replay them without losing the Strength they've gotten.

Mahakam Defender is now showing Resilient Icon (Fist) under the card, but only when it appears on the board.

Last edited:
Warsaw Games Week (will have more pics after Saturday or / and Sunday)

So far I've only played 2 games - Skellige and Scoia'Tael

Nothing new from Huge Cards hanged under the ceiling.

Free Stuff: http://imgur.com/a/CBbHj

Changes: Eredin is now 10 Strength ; more to come tommorrow

Note: Francesca's leader card is better than we used to think - It's not that you have to immediately choose the cards that are going to be replaced by random ones from the deck, but rather you draw cards, 1 by 1 and in between draws you get a choice which one you want to swap, you can also choose the card that you've randomly received.

Stammelford's Tremors' animation is similar to Dimeritium Bomb / Barclay Els, but the effect is red instead.

General Interface has slightly changed:

You have the icon indicator showing how many cards you have in your hand (including Leader Card).

Skellige gets buffed in between rounds, but their card's Strength doesn't turn into green, which means that you can decoy / replay them without losing the Strength they've gotten.

Mahakam Guard is now showing Resilient Icon (Fist) under the card, but only when it appears on the board.

Excellent information here @Sjadgef, keep up the good work! Interesting to see Eredin down to 10, we had predicted that would be 12.

The changes to Skellige are also quite welcome - the fact that they arent green also means that when they are D'Bombed or Clear Weathered, they will go back to the buffed number.

And Francesca is the Super-Mulligan! In internal testing CDPR said that having up to 6 Mulligan's allowed them to get their perfect hand very often. With Francesca, will the same be possible? Try and find out for us ;)

any info regarding tokens?

What exactly do you want to know, from Tokens I saw:

- Field Marshall Duda (hasn't changed)

- Lord of Undvik (5 Strength, Melee, Disloyal, Silver, spawned by Hjalmar)

- Eredin (10 Strength, Melee, Golden)

What exactly do you want to know, from Tokens I saw:

- Field Marshall Duda (hasn't changed)

- Lord of Undvik (5 Strength, Melee, Disloyal, Silver, spawned by Hjalmar)

- Eredin (10 Strength, Melee, Golden)

Tokens are previewed within the large preview of cards so that you can see what they do. This includes their images and the tooltip information :)

Top Bottom