Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame me, too! Welcome back, Wars. Final stretch.

It is nice to be back! And it it great to see you my friend! :)

I'm not sure if any of the mechanics we've seen are anywhere near done yet,

We've been in development for what, 8 years? Theres few months left (which, as pointed out, will be spent mostly on optimization). When do you expect them to be done? This excuse is really getting old.

Theres few months left (which, as pointed out, will be spent mostly on optimization). When do you expect them to be done?
Well there was something like a year and half left when they created the last demo we saw. It was first shown in June 2019. So probably created April-May 2019? That's getting on towards 18 months in advance of release. EDIT: Having said that, I think we do have a fairly good picture of what it will play like ... just not a ton of the details underlying it.

Will 2077 allow modding?
Developers current position on modding in CP2077 is: "It would be cool to release modding tools for Cyberpunk at some point, but we can't promise anything". So it's not out of the question, but they are not ready to commit yet.

This is less important and not really game related. Will it be possible to volunteer? Not necessarily as a developer but more in terms of the community. I imagine once the game fully releases that there will be more questions than answers. And more spam than actual people. I would love to be able to help where I can as I think most here and now would.
You can always try to apply for forum moderator position, but I don't think any are open right now, however some of them might open up closer to release, with increased traffic and all.

Didn't CDPR tease a sort of "quick hack" in addition to the hacking minigame?
Quick hack is an ability unlocked by breaching security system of the local network (represented by hacking minigame). The things you can do using quick hack are determined by what kind of daemons (which work in a similar fashion to spells in a fantasy RPG) V installed in their cyberdeck. If there are some daemons that'll allow the player to do crazy stuff with vehicles, quick hacking them should be possible.

We've been in development for what, 8 years? Theres few months left (which, as pointed out, will be spent mostly on optimization). When do you expect them to be done? This excuse is really getting old.

And everything we've been shown is extremely limited. The most recent gameplay we've seen is almost 6 months old, now. They've been incredibly tight-lipped about any details of exactly how the mechanics will come into play. The skills screen completely transformed between the first demo and the next. We've only seen a handful of gameplay instances from random segments of the game.

My question here would be: what do you think we understand about any aspect of the gameplay in general? Where did it come from? Exactly where did it go in the last year? What's the final goal, and how will it all work?

I guess "things may yet change" isn't exactly accurate. More like: we have never been given a final answer or definitive detail at any point. Everything has been speculatory since the beginning.

I agree with Sigil. We've been shown extremely limited parts of the game with highly curated demos. There's going to be a ton of refinements and details in the final product.

"It would be cool to release modding tools for Cyberpunk at some point, but we can't promise anything"
Inb4 somewhere in 2021 Marcin Momot says there won't be mod support at all. I hope that Cyberpunk franchise is free for fan interpretation and their own attempts at game development (like with BIS Fallouts, no one waves a lawsuit file at the nose of Fallout 1.5 and Nevada devs. Or countless (failing) STALKER remakes - Grigorovich doesn't give a damn). You know, like Interlock Unlimited was for original PnP with already established huge fanbase.

Will it be possible to choose the "old" female V as one of the presets? Or at least recreate her with the sliders provided? Not really digging her new appearance.

Is the first companion defined by the background/life path?
Because I just don't see how Jackie could become friends with corporate V.
Something tells me we'll have Jackie regardless of background. He was there back in 2018 when the background choices where your childhood hero (one of which was Arasaka), key life event, and the reason you came to Night City. So far it seems like V's background acts the same way as Shepard's in ME1, ie gives you some extra dialogue here and there and it might be referenced by some NPCs (probably mainly Johnny) but that's it. Hope I'm wrong.

Ok..got 2 questions!

1- So when you got them blades that come out of your arms. I keep seeing the 'Art' and stuff. And I really gotta know, those crack...it look well from the outside, as if its all plastic. Is it? if it isn't plastic, what is it? can't be skin right? So they remove the skin, to put them mantis blade in..and what does that make it then?

2- Really, you were able to get keenus reeves, but nobody though 'Hey let's get Carrie-Anne Moss on board too'' . Why not? Arghh."Aria T'loak'' would be perfect for these setting .

1- So when you got them blades that come out of your arms. I keep seeing the 'Art' and stuff. And I really gotta know, those crack...it look well from the outside, as if its all plastic. Is it? if it isn't plastic, what is it? can't be skin right? So they remove the skin, to put them mantis blade in..and what does that make it then?

The mantis blades are completely synthetic arms. Everything (the whole arm) is replaced with the cybernetic ones. At least from the elbow down. So the materials used will be synthetics made to look (and probably feel) like skin.

2- Really, you were able to get keenus reeves, but nobody though 'Hey let's get Carrie-Anne Moss on board too'' . Why not? Arghh."Aria T'loak'' would be perfect for these setting .

They were busy getting ready to do Game of Thrones 2.

(I'm so kidding.)

The mantis blades are completely synthetic arms? Everything (the whole arm) is replaced with the cybernetic ones? At least from the elbow down? So the materials used will be synthetics made to look (and probably feel) like skin?

They were busy getting ready to do Game of Thrones 2?

(I'm so kidding?)
So do they amputate the real hands, or just add the Mantis blade ??

It really look like plastic from afar though.

Yurk, better chances saying 'They were busy making the Matrix 4' :p

So do they amputate the real hands, or just add the Mantis blade ??
I think they refer to it is "Replacing meat with chrome" not amputating ;)
But yes, everything below the elbow (and probably the entire arm) is removed and replaced with the Mantis arm. Not an enhancement I personally plan to use in the game (assuming it's an avoidable option). Partially because I've never been a fan of build-in weaponry (to situational for the high humanity cost) and mostly because I plan to play a hacker the first time thru and I doubt you can have both the Mantis and the Cyberlink/snake at the same time. And as a hacker that'll be much more useful then the blades.

Hum...but how that even work? The upper arm still has normal bone..so they get glued to the Mantis?

well, they can be useful. Don't have to carry a dagger on you and you are never really weaponless.

I may just do a run where I only use the Mantis for fun! lol remind me of when I made a run of werewolf in Skylame, it was just claws and eating heart! XD lotta of fun!

Ok..got 2 questions!

Here how the mantis blades work
3hkn077rm8s11.png

I know it's talked about how the Forced First Person perspective view is optimizatable for people that have expressed issues with FFP. I just really -really- hope it helps. I am really looking forward to this game but worry so hard because of FFP. I get motion-sickness so easily. I haven't been able to play any FFP game for longer than an hour no matter what I've tried. It's a bane, I've missed out on so many good games because of it.

Can we play Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox with Keyboard & Mouse?
Microsoft said the Xbox One allows Keyboard & Mouse to be used in Games & Apps. We'll be able to plug and play without the need for any extra peripherals. However, the Xbox One only supports the use of Keyboard & Mouse in some games and apps. The game or app publisher must enable this feature for their content.
Some games already support this function,just like Atlas,Call of Duty: Modern Warfare,DayZ,Fortnite,Gears 5,Metro Exodus,Minecraft,Sea of Thieves,Sniper Elite V2 Remastered,War Thunder,Warframe,Warhammer: Vermintide 2,etc.
So are you going to let Cyberpunk 2077 support this feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom