Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't be able to join them, no.
Since cyberpunks value freedom the most, you’ll be able to work for many factions (think more of a gang), but you won’t ever want to permanently join them tho.

Is MAX-TAC as badass as the one dude in the teaser?

Thanks for the update Lilayah,

I know you may not be able to answer this, but is your comment in reference to MAX-TAC specifically or the Night city PD in general?

Thanks for the update Lilayah,

I know you may not be able to answer this, but is your comment in reference to MAX-TAC specifically or the Night city PD in general?

Actually all this is answered already, in July, from this forum thread:

>\Can we join a faction like the psycho squad?

July 1/18 Vattier: "Freedom is the biggest value for cyberpunks, so they wouldn't permanently join any faction. In the game you will be able to work for various factions, but it won't be possible to join them ... We're not planning to introduce any reputation indicators for factions. Your reputation will be measured by a general Street Cred - reflecting how you're seen by the street. You will be able to increase it through side missions and it will allow you to unlock access to additional content, such as new shops or new missions."

Li's answer indicates this is still the case.

July 1/18 Vattier: "Freedom is the biggest value for cyberpunks, so they wouldn't permanently join any faction. In the game you will be able to work for various factions, but it won't be possible to join them ... We're not planning to introduce any reputation indicators for factions. Your reputation will be measured by a general Street Cred - reflecting how you're seen by the street. You will be able to increase it through side missions and it will allow you to unlock access to additional content, such as new shops or new missions."

Sorry, I probably phrased my question poorly. I guess what I'm curious about is less about ongoing faction alliances. And I also understand that 2077 doesn't have class based "Roles" like 2020. That said, the character build options seem (unconfirmed as far as I know) to cater to Solos, Techies or Netrunners as opposed to Medias, Cops, Corps, Rockers etc. I believe CDPR is referring to this as a "Fluid Class System" but please don't quote me on that.

That's probably wise for the initial release of the game, but my hope would be that a wider range of build types would be supported. Whether that's via Factions or Skills or some other system is of less importance to me.

Last edited:
Well, understandably so.

Although the loose statement doesn't outright deny modding unlike (join able) factions were denied and thus gives flexibility, I do wonder if modding will turn into a priority.

That, only time will tell.

While not the best sign for the mod hungry consumer, it is something we all can work with. Thus appreciated!

I hope there will be tons of different mods you can install on your char and not just the typical "i get this 1 mod when i hit lvl 10, 15, 20 etc"
Maybe some "forgotten/experimental" tech that you noone really knows what it is but you can install on your own risk.

Mods as cyberware?

I'm not so sure they know the distinction between mods as something people in the community develop as additions to the game, and cyberware as an in-game mod-ification to augment a character.

While it's been stated that modding support, for the modding community isn't a priority, I'm personally keeping all my little fingers crossed in hopes that a toolkit might, maybe, perhaps, eventually, not necessarily at launch, but, some time after that happens.
I know the game is going to be fantastic as-is on launch. It's going to win all the awards and make all the money and show absolutely everyone how a game SHOULD be done. Parades will be held in the game's honor. There will be dancing in the streets and fireworks. It might even cure cancer. :)
Still, we all have our little particular wants, widgets, and preferences that won't be seen or realized, and modding support scratches that itch for many.
For instance, I've spitballed some story line suggestions in the Story Line Suggestions thread i think could be nice additions, but, the best realistic expectation to any of those coming to light would be via modding support.
If not, no worries. We're all going to love CP 2077 when it comes out, whatever that final form is, and however CDPR does it. :)

I'm not so sure they know the distinction between mods as something people in the community develop as additions to the game, and cyberware as an in-game mod-ification to augment a character.
It was specific scenario, hence why I asked :)

As for if modding support will be our priority at some point- we will see. Right now we want to fully focus on making the game, it's core features and so on. What happens next? Nobody knows :) But we do know that community would love to use and create some mods, it is something we will keep in mind, for later tho.

It was specific scenario, hence why I asked :)

As for if modding support will be our priority at some point- we will see. Right now we want to fully focus on making the game, it's core features and so on. What happens next? Nobody knows :) But we do know that community would love to use and create some mods, it is something we will keep in mind, for later tho.
Maybe not mods as in modding, but mods as in cyberware, any news on exotics/ exotic fashion?

You guys should put Alita battle angel in the game! Even as just a skin or something. She would fit right in!

I wanted a game exclusive to her, maybe the CD could do but as already has cyberpunk would be a shot in the foot but who would compete, Rockstar, EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, bandai?

EA, Ubisoft - would ruin the game
bethesda- I do not know
bandai-?
Rockstar- Not her type

I wanted a game exclusive to her, maybe the CD could do but as already has cyberpunk would be a shot in the foot but who would compete, Rockstar, EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, bandai?

bethesda- I do not know
bandai-?
Rockstar- Not her type
Bethesda would completely ruin it too. But Todd would sell it as the next big thing. "16 times the details!"

Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish, Nier: Automata) would come to mind. Dontnod (Remember Me, Life is Strange, Vampyr) or Remedy (Max Payne 1-2, Alan Wake, Quantum Break).

There are a few capable out there.

bethesda- I do not know
bandai-?
Rockstar- Not her type

If it was going to happen, it probably would have released alongside the film and benefitted from all the marketing. Perhaps Gally will show up as a (unofficial) custom mod for other games though.

It's much longer than that considering they started development in 2013. Even adjusting for them focusing on TW3, this game has likely had a very long pre-production period.
That's why I wrote full development. Which started, according to CDPR, after Blood & Whine was shipped.
We also don't know how many changes or restarts they had with the pre-production team. :)

That's why I wrote full development. Which started, according to CDPR, after Blood & Whine was shipped.
We also don't know how many changes or restarts they had with the pre-production team. :)

Yeah, this is a moving target. So before B+W, there were dozens of people working on 2077. An actual dedicated team, no less.

Then they got pulled in to finish Witcher 3 and do Expansion stuff. Then that original team PLUS the by-far bulk of development all got moved to 2077.

Thing is, what is a "full team". For Witcher 1 and 2, it was a team the same size as 2077 early team. For Witcher 3, "full development" meant a team half that of 2077.

What really matters is that 2077 has been CDPR's "next game" for quite some time and they are committed to it's excellence. Whether that takes 100 or 400 or 600 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom