Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Excited for This, Please take all the time you need to make this dream happen guys!

I do have a few questions for curiosity's sakes (and I know in game development things change a lot so its not like I'm taking every word as written in stone)

1- Firstly, I love that Witcher series was a fully mature game, but I know W3 had to change some sex scenes to appeal more to the 'M' Rating rather than go for the 'A' rating as Witcher 2 did. I fully understand why this decision was made, Witcher 2 was more niche and Witcher 3 had to more mainstream and I know many game stores who keep Adult game back in the shelves, while M games are sold without a problem (which is weird).
Now that we've seen CP77 demo , We know for sure this is going to be an Adult game, With sex scenes, nudity, Violence, Cuss words, Gore etc.
I just want to know what rating you are aiming for here?

Personally, I would suggest you releasing a M rated game, with a patch to boot for the players who want to upgrade to an A rated version. This would work as it would still make the game mainstream and no one would be hiding the game in adult sections, and still players who want the raw experience will get it via a patch!
I know, it is very weird for the Games industry, where even if you show mortal kombat levels of gore and fatalities with insides coming out and bodies getting halved, its still M and you show a little more thrusting in some sex scene and its instantly Adult.

2- Night City looks vast and massive. And I've heard you'll be able to travel to various districts, but I am curious if this will follow the Witcher 3's (if you see that, you can go there) approach. Like the Title Reveal scene in the demo (which was so cool btw) I see so many buildings and stores and I just wonder where one would be able to go or would that just be background?
I understand it both ways, If one will be able to go everywhere, that would be epic.
and even if not, I'd understand it would be technical limitations.
But Sources claim Cp77 is a next gen title as well, so who knows :)

3- Bring back Iorveth.
Oh wait, Wrong game.

3- This is really minor thing, I'm talking about a Quest Journal.
and though many many fantasy games do it, I've seen this getting streamlined as the new titles are coming, which is somethign I don't like. I really did adore Witcher 3 and 2 and 1 having a journal where I get all the details about the quests, what happened in those, and the outcomes.
I know this was one of things I loved about Elder Scrolls Oblivion...but If you play Skyrim or new Fallout, you'll see you don't get that. You only see the name of quest, the objective and a tick mark if you have completed it.
I would really like if we have some sort of cool cyber journey to keep track of quests/missions with a story to tell with some text, That would really be nice :)

4- Will I be able to whistle my car back to me?
Ohh okay, I'll just take my leave now :D

Thanks!!

You won't be able to join them, no.
Since cyberpunks value freedom the most, you’ll be able to work for many factions (think more of a gang), but you won’t ever want to permanently join them tho.

Isn't the player supposed to choose what the character value the most?

Isn't the player supposed to choose what the character value the most?
Not in regards to every little thing. Even in Cyberpunk 2020, part of the conceit is that everyone is an edgerunner. Rule 3 of Cyberpunk 2020 is "Live on the Edge." So that sort of interest in rebellion, making a big score, sticking it to the man, and having the freedom to carve your own path in the dystopian Night City are some of the central values inherent to the game.

Absolutely Agree. Besides, Part of the Cyberpunk Appeal is Independence Rebel, and that though you'd be able to make choices and work for one faction/gang for money or other benefits, you'd not be joining their faction. I see where you are coming from, hoping for something like Skyrim, but again, This seems to be more character focused on V's path than just a complete blank slate.
Atleast this is what I believe has been said.

Very Excited for This, Please take all the time you need to make this dream happen guys!

I do have a few questions for curiosity's sakes (and I know in game development things change a lot so its not like I'm taking every word as written in stone)

1- Firstly, I love that Witcher series was a fully mature game, but I know W3 had to change some sex scenes to appeal more to the 'M' Rating rather than go for the 'A' rating as Witcher 2 did. I fully understand why this decision was made, Witcher 2 was more niche and Witcher 3 had to more mainstream and I know many game stores who keep Adult game back in the shelves, while M games are sold without a problem (which is weird).
Now that we've seen CP77 demo , We know for sure this is going to be an Adult game, With sex scenes, nudity, Violence, Cuss words, Gore etc.
I just want to know what rating you are aiming for here?

Right now the game is still in development, however I think it is safe to assume we would aim for M rating (PEGI 18). Nevertheless more details about it will be announced later in the future.

2- Night City looks vast and massive. And I've heard you'll be able to travel to various districts, but I am curious if this will follow the Witcher 3's (if you see that, you can go there) approach. Like the Title Reveal scene in the demo (which was so cool btw) I see so many buildings and stores and I just wonder where one would be able to go or would that just be background?
I understand it both ways, If one will be able to go everywhere, that would be epic.
and even if not, I'd understand it would be technical limitations.
But Sources claim Cp77 is a next gen title as well, so who knows :)

Currently it's a bit too early to talk about it :( Also Cyberpunk 2077 will be released on current generation.

3- This is really minor thing, I'm talking about a Quest Journal.
and though many many fantasy games do it, I've seen this getting streamlined as the new titles are coming, which is somethign I don't like. I really did adore Witcher 3 and 2 and 1 having a journal where I get all the details about the quests, what happened in those, and the outcomes.
I know this was one of things I loved about Elder Scrolls Oblivion...but If you play Skyrim or new Fallout, you'll see you don't get that. You only see the name of quest, the objective and a tick mark if you have completed it.
I would really like if we have some sort of cool cyber journey to keep track of quests/missions with a story to tell with some text, That would really be nice :)

I'm afraid I don't ave any info I could share with you about that yet. :(

4- Will I be able to whistle my car back to me?
Ohh okay, I'll just take my leave now :D
OOF! That would be something, huh? ;)

This seems to be more character focused on V's path than just a complete blank slate.

Agreed, I'm actually mentally preparing to call my character "Geralt" again, after having false hope from reading things like this one:

"Well, it’s an RPG. It’s an RPG before it’s a shooter. And it’s really about making a character and inhabiting that character and living in this world and making choices from not just the point of view of that character but also of yourself. With The Witcher, you had Geralt, and Geralt had history. He had decades of books, games, comics and even a television series, with a new one on the way, and it was about guiding him through his story. But with this, we want it to be your story. So really, putting you in first person is the only way to do that. "
https://www.gamesradar.com/its-an-r...tical-storytelling-and-tabletop-inspirations/

Agreed, I'm actually mentally preparing to call my character "Geralt" again, after having false hope from reading things like this one:

"Well, it’s an RPG. It’s an RPG before it’s a shooter. And it’s really about making a character and inhabiting that character and living in this world and making choices from not just the point of view of that character but also of yourself. With The Witcher, you had Geralt, and Geralt had history. He had decades of books, games, comics and even a television series, with a new one on the way, and it was about guiding him through his story. But with this, we want it to be your story. So really, putting you in first person is the only way to do that. "
https://www.gamesradar.com/its-an-r...tical-storytelling-and-tabletop-inspirations/

I am not sure who said this but it is completely false.

CDPR can make the game any way they like but should stop saying that is the reason why they are making the game first person.

Immersion is individualistic and nothing to do with first person.

I am not sure who said this but it is completely false.

CDPR can make the game any way they like but should stop saying that is the reason why they are making the game first person.

Immersion is individualistic and nothing to do with first person.

Yea, idk about that, I mean technically you're right. Adding FPP to God of War would do next to nothing in terms of improving the immersion of it, but, choose to focus on it, build around it, add systems that seamlessly tie into it, and when done right, the results can be spectacular.

Yea, idk about that, I mean technically you're right. Adding FPP to God of War would do next to nothing in terms of improving the immersion of it, but, choose to focus on it, build around it, add systems that seamlessly tie into it, and when done right, the results can be spectacular.

And when you add the same amount of work on Third person you also get a very super spectacular game so what does that say about immersion?

It says that only the individual person playing the game can say what is immersive or not.

And when you add the same amount of work on Third person you also get a very super spectacular game so what does that say about immersion?

It says that only the individual person playing the game can say what is immersive or not.

There's actually a lengthy debate on the subject, here

You gain a polished experience with systems designed to work with TPP strengths, most of them antithetical to FPP, so while it may be "immersive", it won't offer the same experienced as a, just as polished, FPP (it's not worse, it's dependent on the rest of the systems they ALSO want to have, and how they want the player-game feedback to work, narratively and otherwise). Notice how they never said TPP isn't immersive, just not the kind the experience they decided to deliver would benefit from.

There are differences between TPP and FPP, you can look them up. However, it's also safe to say that how "immersed" you feel is directly proportional to how invested you are mentally and emotionally, basically detached from the real world. It's generally agreed that TPP is better for "i don't feel like an outsider influencing the game, it's all happening in front me" and FPP for "i am not an outsider, i'm part of it" two different approaches, both valid, but both different at what they're trying to evoke. As they say "the devil is in the details".

Personally, i think immersion is too broad a term and doesn't really do them justice. That and i think it also has one of those "you have to experience it to recognize it" factor to it.

--EDIT--
So, when they say FPP is more "immersive", it should be looked at from the context of what they're making NOT from a universal point of view (even though the studies so far, as limited or as specialized as they are point to that to be true generally as well).

Last edited:
Will there be different quests/dialogue depending on if you play the female or male version of V?

Clearly the voice actor must be different :p, but I doubt quests and characters will react the exact same way depending on if you play the female or male version. Will the dialogue lines really be the same but with just a different voice actor?

At the same time, it would be way too much work to make 2 entirely different games for the male/female V, so some compromise has to be made?

Will we able to climb wall using katana instead of mantis blade? Therefore, I can save some humanity points on different cyberware. The curiosity is killing me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom