Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So will this "next-gen patch" that will be rolling out next year also be available for PC players? Or will PC players not be limited like console players are?

So will this "next-gen patch" that will be rolling out next year also be available for PC players? Or will PC players not be limited like console players are?

I kinda hope it will come out for all (who want it), PC included.

I was already hoping a couple of years ago that I could opt out from all the 4K assets and the lastest bell and whistles to reduce the games download size. Because my rig can not handle all of it and I don't even need all that; it'd dead weight filling my hard drive.

I kinda hope it will come out for all (who want it), PC included.

I was already hoping a couple of years ago that I could opt out from all the 4K assets and the lastest bell and whistles to reduce the games download size. Because my rig can not handle all of it and I don't even need all that; it'd dead weight filling my hard drive.
Same. My current rig was built before Fallout 4 and while I can still run 2020 games, I won't be doing so in 4k or ultra. I don't plan on upgrading until next year at least either.

Same. My current rig was built before Fallout 4 and while I can still run 2020 games, I won't be doing so in 4k or ultra. I don't plan on upgrading until next year at least either.
Don't worry jt4gov, Cyberpunk 2077 won't be coming out until next year either..
</troll> :D

Problem with that is you won't have cyber eye from the start, also i hear that now maybe you don't need to install cyber eye anymore.

Actually you do. See in the prologue V goes to ripperdock getting an upgraded kiroshi eye. Pay attention how the ripperdock takes out your old eye that is also seen malfunctioning in the starting gameplay of Nomad V when there is that car chase shooting sequence.

Actually you do. See in the prologue V goes to ripperdock getting an upgraded kiroshi eye. Pay attention how the ripperdock takes out your old eye that is also seen malfunctioning in the starting gameplay of Nomad V when there is that car chase shooting sequence.

He mean from the start like Character Creation, i quete that and say we wont have cybernatic eye from start of the game, also i think that we won't be force to install krioshi eyes anymore if we don't want to.

Isn't it like part of the main quest?

From 2018 demo it was, but maybe they changed something, i see some comment saying Cyberware will not be so mandatory now and how that also apply to krioshi eyes.

You still probably will have neck chip sloot and jack for network, but rest of cyberware will probably be up to you.

Well, chip slot in your neck is there for the story, and jack in your hand for networking, but other cyberware will be up to you, so no cyber eyes or that grip from 2018 demo or mantis blades, that is still much better than when we was force to have cyber eyes and subdermal grip.

From 2018 demo it was, but maybe they changed something, i see some comment saying Cyberware will not be so mandatory now and how that also apply to krioshi eyes.

You still probably will have neck chip sloot and jack for network, but rest of cyberware will probably be up to you.

I think the cyber eyes will mandatory because you'll have to scan stuff, get briefed (Dexter mission brief in the car) and receive/give calls to NPCs

So Cyberware will still be mandatory.
Usefulness of not being cybered is having high empathy and not being hackable, and none will apparently applies to V.

I feel a minimalist build is still possible. Just get the Kiroshi and the one to hold the immortality chip (for main quests). The Q&A somewhat confirms this.

Togusa in Ghost In The Shell is also pretty adamant on not being cybered, yet still needs part of his brain augmented to communicate with his teammates.

I think the cyber eyes will mandatory because you'll have to scan stuff, get briefed (Dexter mission brief in the car) and receive/give calls to NPCs

No, you first go to Dexter and get mission briefing, and than you get Cyber Eyes.
Also, scanning can be done by high tech goggles or face mask or some other headgear you can equip.

No, you first go to Dexter and get mission briefing, and than you get Cyber Eyes.

Uh.. But as Codecypher said a few post above, you already have the basic cyber eyes when talking to Dexter. That's why V can see the video briefing playing in her eyes, eyes that she gets replaced for the better Kiroshi ones at the ripperdock that can scan and zoom on stuff.
Also when the elevator doors open during the scavenger mission in the 2018 demo, you can see V's eyes glowing yellow and we know this mission happens just after V's origin gameplay.

Also, scanning can be done by high tech goggles or face mask or some other headgear you can equip.

Where did you get that?

Last edited:
Where did you get that?

Tech like that exist in CP2020, it would be weird that not even single goggles or other piece of headgear have that options in CP2077.
Chip slot in your neck can also convert data from chips and transmit it to your brain, and in return you can see images or briefings.

Also, lets be honest, it would be weird that all 3 life path have cyber eyes from the start.

He mean from the start like Character Creation, i quete that and say we wont have cybernatic eye from start of the game, also i think that we won't be force to install krioshi eyes anymore if we don't want to.

You didnt read what I wrote. You -start- the game with low tier kiroshi eye. The game will force you to have an upgrade to Kiroshi v2 and a sub thermal weapon grip.
The reason you can choose heart eyes or animal eyes as presents for your irises is because they are already cybernetic eyes just not the one that let's you scan or zoom
Sorry to burst your bubble.
Post automatically merged:

Tech like that exist in CP2020, it would be weird that not even single goggles or other piece of headgear have that options in CP2077.
Chip slot in your neck can also convert data from chips and transmit it to your brain, and in return you can see images or briefings.

Also, lets be honest, it would be weird that all 3 life path have cyber eyes from the start.

They had high tech at 2020 and its 2077 even the poorest can afford some sort of cyberware that's part of the the reason that world is so fucked up. Of course you cant have the latest toys unless you actually have the money for it. I think accessibility to such is so easy that it's harder not to have any cyberware to the contrary

is this confirmed yet? i had/have a feeling they're making this an option, potentially an ammo glove as well but i'm not counting my chickens

It was confirmed like two years ago, when the first gameplay video released. They have explicitly stated that certain cyberware is obligatory.

First: yes, in 2018 they confirmed that some cyberware going to be mandatory, but recently in some game article there was saying that turn out cyberware would not be so mandatory except neck chip slot and jack for networking, and something like, yeah even Kiroshi eye would not be mandatory.
And no i didn't see that on 4chan.

Second: even if cyber eyes are mandatory, why subdermal grip need to be mandatory ??? just so let me use lock weapon with -50% damage how that even work ??? also to raise melee damage, melee for what just hand to hand or that include melee weapons like swords, knife,axe and mantis blades, is that not up to player to decide if he want subdermal grip?

Third: why even force player to have cyber eyes ???neck chip sloot is need for story and jack in your hand is need for network ok fine and good, but any other cyberware should be up to player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom