Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are still optimizing as they said.

Fair point. I truly know nothing about the process involved but optimizing involves testing various hardware configurations (or altering the game to function on certain hardware I'm guessing) so they have at least a ballpark idea of what it will take. They could put that out there with the caveat that it is subject to change. That would at least give PC players some idea of what to expect instead of the zero idea we have now. I might have missed it but they also haven't even shown the hardware of the "uber mega ultra PC" and I'm hesitant to use that as a benchmark since the demo rigs are rarely indicative of whats actually needed for the finished product. I've never seen a game so long in development be this close to the eleventh hour and still not have their requirements published. It concerns and frustrates me. Like everyone here I've been waiting for this game for a long time. I'd even buy it on GOG so CDPR gets the most from the sale but that won't happen until I know if I can run it.

I also think I confused things by including the console examples. I don't have a console and won't be playing on one so any information about them has no relevance to me. I'm not trying to spark a platform war, I hope the game is fantastic on whatever platform people use but I'll drop that part of the conversation here.

That would at least give PC players some idea of what to expect instead of the zero idea we have now.
But you have an idea from the game released this year. Take doom eternal as a reference and CP77 won't have very different minimum requirements from that. Ultra settings will require a 2080ti for sure.
I might have missed it but they also haven't even shown the hardware of the "uber mega ultra PC" and I'm hesitant to use that as a benchmark since the demo rigs are rarely indicative of whats actually needed for the finished product.
Journalists who played the game on physical machines (in europe) and not via geforce now, played on a 2080ti with RTX off, i9900k and 32Gb RAM. That's pretty much the ultra version we saw in videos, with main difference being RTX on in what we saw and less NPCs.

Since I cannot post new thread yet, I thought this would best place to quench my curiosity about CP2077. I've seen the last weapon overview trailer. Loving it so far but I cannot help to notice a lack of laser weaponry. So to keep it vague but informative at the same time can anyone here confirm there will be such weapons in a full release-even if just prototyped? What about other weapons that don't use traditional ballistics?

Since I cannot post new thread yet, I thought this would best place to quench my curiosity about CP2077. I've seen the last weapon overview trailer. Loving it so far but I cannot help to notice a lack of laser weaponry. So to keep it vague but informative at the same time can anyone here confirm there will be such weapons in a full release-even if just prototyped? What about other weapons that don't use traditional ballistics?

A laser weapon would fall under tech weapons in this case. From what I saw a few of the tech weapons seemed to be electric based. Also, we didn't get to see a lot of the tech weapons only 3 so far.

What I would like to know:
- Will there be bows and crossbows in the game?
- What about the monowire? It supposed to hack people from a distance, but now we can do this anyway as a netrunner. Will it be reduced to be a melee weapon only?
- What about Johny Silverhand voice? How the difference between Samurai (Refused) and Keanu voice will be explained in the game?
- Do we still get different ammo types or mods only?

So I was watching benchmarks on the 20xx series and I gotta say I'm surprised. It didn't look like they could hit 4k 60fps on newer games.

I was moving towards upgrading my PC vs a console, but if the consoles can hit those consistently while PC can't, then I dunno. The 3080 when it releases will probably be the cost of a console, so it depends on the performance I guess.

So I was watching benchmarks on the 20xx series and I gotta say I'm surprised. It didn't look like they could hit 4k 60fps on newer games.

I was moving towards upgrading my PC vs a console, but if the consoles can hit those consistently while PC can't, then I dunno. The 3080 when it releases will probably be the cost of a console, so it depends on the performance I guess.

They meant it can't do 4k 60fps at ultra settings. New consoles won't be running at ultra settings, most likely low to high settings.

They meant it can't do 4k 60fps at ultra settings. New consoles won't be running at ultra settings, most likely low to high settings.
Is it a matter of developers not doing a great job of optimizing, or a technical limitation? I'm so wishy-washy on updating my GPU vs a new console.

I owned every console of current and last gen and a PC, but with PC ports and Nintendo not being worth the cost for me anymore I've gotta make a decision lol

Is it a matter of developers not doing a great job of optimizing, or a technical limitation? I'm so wishy-washy on updating my GPU vs a new console.

I owned every console of current and last gen and a PC, but with PC ports and Nintendo not being worth the cost for me anymore I've gotta make a decision lol

Some PC ports are not great, like the current Horizon zero dawn port. But most are fine, you just have to turn down couple resource intense settings like the fog; shadows; and AA. I suggest to just get a PS5 (for the exclusives) If you don't want to mess with the pc settings.

A laser weapon would fall under tech weapons in this case. From what I saw a few of the tech weapons seemed to be electric based. Also, we didn't get to see a lot of the tech weapons only 3 so far.
That's what's bugging me. You see in the overview they generalize tech weapons as weapons who use electromagnetic force to propel a METAL PROJECTILE. No mention of any more sophisticated ways of their operation if there's any. I'd really love to see some weapons who offer some new way of spreading terror alongside traditional bullets.

Well, smart weapons could be said to be a sort of ingame accessibility option. You get a reticule that takes up half the screen and "paint" enemies with it. Then the bullets find their own way there. Comes in all sorts of weapons, from sniper rifles to shotguns.

There is an option for subtitles for the hearing impaired (or people who just have a hard time following the lingo heavy dialogue). For things like color blind settings or alternative control inputs, that is not known so far.

by13a3uav8o21.jpg

Closest thing I could find...

But you have an idea from the game released this year. Take doom eternal as a reference and CP77 won't have very different minimum requirements from that. Ultra settings will require a 2080ti for sure.

Comparing it to other games and making a guess is exactly what I've been complaining about and has already been done. I don't want guesses. I don't want comparisons. I just want the company that is releasing the game in a little over three months that they've been developing for years, to publish the ACTUAL specs.

I was hoping that someone from CDPR read these forums and would listen to at least some of my rationalization but it seems not. Guess I'll check again in November to see if they've published anything. This has already passed "dead horse" status so I'll drop it here.

And to everyone that responded (Mybrokenenglish especially), thanks for the civil discussion. It was a nice change of pace from most forums.

Comparing it to other games and making a guess is exactly what I've been complaining about and has already been done. I don't want guesses. I don't want comparisons. I just want the company that is releasing the game in a little over three months that they've been developing for years, to publish the ACTUAL specs.

I was hoping that someone from CDPR read these forums and would listen to at least some of my rationalization but it seems not. Guess I'll check again in November to see if they've published anything. This has already passed "dead horse" status so I'll drop it here.

And to everyone that responded (Mybrokenenglish especially), thanks for the civil discussion. It was a nice change of pace from most forums.

Marvel's Avengers will come out on Sept 4, and it just released the system requirement on Aug 13. So come back 2 or 3 weeks from release for the system requirement.

It is also pretty easy to predict the recommended requirement, just have to look at the steam hardware survey for the most common used GPU which is GTX 1060. So the requirement is most likely an i7 4770K with GTX 1060 / RX 580.

Last edited:
- What about Johny Silverhand voice? How the difference between Samurai (Refused) and Keanu voice will be explained in the game?

No sure if a good reason can be made up but if not: Suspension of disbelief, of course. Sometimes you just need a bit of it. Otherwise they would've needed the band singer to voice all lines from Silverhand, but that doesn't allow you to offer someone iconic as Keanu. Likewise the other way around, Keanu is probably not a good or experienced (band) singer meaning he can't do the tracks - or it would've cost extra and be tied to an additional effort.

Thus, a bit of suspension of disbelief is needed. Just think in your mind that they sound similar.

a question regarding blood decals and gore- from the lastest footage at wire no.2 i have seen that blood and gore are similar to the witcher 3. there are dismembement and blood, but the blood disapeer real quick, no particals left on weapons (fisrt person so can't see if on v as well) and no decals or blood pools under bodies. i know that earlier buiild of the witcher 3 pre release had blood splatters in fight and left afterwards for an unknon amount of time.

so my question is, is the gore/blood systemin wire 2 is still in the works, or does it closer to the relese build goal?

and another questions, as there non flesh parts in the game, will there be effect for blown/shot up cyberware/mecahnical parts? like torn wires,bended chrome, etc'.

I still need to know which gender to play for Meredith.

One can assume male, cause I dont remember seeing any flirt dialog options with Stout during the female V 48-minute gameplay demo from 2 years ago.

On the other hand, its possible that you need to get on her good side first before any romance can happen, as in the beginning she is furious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom