Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 questions at the moment.

1: will there be cross save possibilities? Between ps4 ps5 and PC or ... ?
(i have a ps4 pro but will get a ps5 and or better pc long term)

2: Is the free console upgrade from ps4 to ps5 for digital only or also for ppl who got the physical disk / collectors edition and if so, is it for a limited time the upgrade? (i dont plan to buy a ps5 too soon but prob in 6 months to a year )

Thinking that way you can oppose anything to anything, such a including youtubers in the game VS including more roleplay possibilities during quests.
No relation whatsoever. Quest design was done for a long time now, before they started working on youtubers cameo, which are very minor thing in terms of development anyway.

Or action mechanics VS RPG mechanics.
That game design related, not funds related.

Stop reducing content!!!
They did not. The decision to make the story shorter was made up relatively early in the development. They did not just cut bunch of content right now, as some bandwagoners believe (which wouldn't make sense).

Does anyone know if we can have two concurrent saves/playthroughs going at the same time so two people can play separate stories? Will it be standard manual save and auto saves along with quicksaves? Thanks

Does anyone know if we can have two concurrent saves/playthroughs going at the same time so two people can play separate stories? Will it be standard manual save and auto saves along with quicksaves? Thanks
We don't know the details of how it's going to work for Cyberpunk, but The Witcher 3 allowed you to save the game on separate slots, so I imagine it will be the same for 2077.

2: Is the free console upgrade from ps4 to ps5 for digital only or also for ppl who got the physical disk / collectors edition and if so, is it for a limited time the upgrade? (i dont plan to buy a ps5 too soon but prob in 6 months to a year )
For both. There won't be any time limits.

That is the lowering of standards I fear from CDPR. I used to love Bethesda RPGs, I used to love Bioware RPGs, when those companies changed more and more, I became aware of CDPR and the Witcher games, I don't want them to go the way those other companies went and that definitely is a danger when a company grows bigger and bigger.

Fair enough.

I agree that's a risk - and I think quite a possibility. It is, arguably, already happening and has nothing to do with main quest length, which they'd already had a goalpost in mind.

CDPR will hopefully produce quality for years to come, but, yes, as they grow and change, I think we will find it less...niche? Intensely flavourful? Than in days of old when they were not a billion dollar company.

Such is life. Nothing lasts forever.

Thinking that way you can oppose anything to anything, such a including youtubers in the game VS including more roleplay possibilities during quests. Or action mechanics VS RPG mechanics. And so on.

Your comment above makes no sense, because I'm not "opposing" anything. I just stated my preference: "I would prefer to have more side-content to longer main story, considering the fact that dev resources are limited and something needs to be prioritized".

1.Will it be possible to own multiple apartments / dwellings in night city?

EDIT: found the answer soon after posting this. Apparently not :( A shame also because apparently home is not even customizable x_x

1.Will it be possible to own multiple apartments / dwellings in night city?

EDIT: found the answer soon after posting this. Apparently not :( A shame also because apparently home is not even customizable x_x

It has been said that the home will change a little with your play thru , like Mass Effect`s captain`s quarters or Outer Worlds .

Not been able to see an answer to this so thought I ask:

is the game going to be released for everyone at the same time, or will there be Early Access for streamers as some other game developers do ??

Personally would prefer if everyone got access to playing the game at the same time (with pre downloading if possible) that way there wouldn't be any revelations around 1 to 3 days before public Joe and Jane gets to play the game ! :p

So what about ukrainian localization? There is petition on gog wishlist that has over 4500 votes:

And also petition of change.org with almost 5000 votes:

People are praying for it! Please!

Although I would like to support ukrainian language and sub-titles in Cyberpunk2077, I just can't sign that petition, for two reasons:
It's saying "Ukraine is the largest country in Europe, with 35 million people population."
First of all, it's 41,660,982 [Wikipedia] (excluding Crimea and Sevastopol). So the person who wrote that doesn't even know his own country. Second: Isn't the european part of Russia much bigger since more than 77% of the population lives in the western regions of Russia? Europe is not the European Union. It's a continent. European Russia has at least 110 Million residents.

Although I would like to support ukrainian language and sub-titles in Cyberpunk2077, I just can't sign that petition, for two reasons:
It's saying "Ukraine is the largest country in Europe, with 35 million people population."
First of all, it's 41,660,982 [Wikipedia] (excluding Crimea and Sevastopol). So the person who wrote that doesn't even know his own country. Second: Isn't the european part of Russia much bigger since more than 77% of the population lives in the western regions of Russia? Europe is not the European Union. It's a continent. European Russia has at least 110 Million residents.

Yes. Author of petition on change.org is weak in geography. Even if we will believe that Europe = EU, even then Ukraine is not the largest country because Ukraine is not part of EU yet.
But you still can upvote wish on gog.com wishlist :)
Also I'll appreciate if you'll add comment :D

Last edited:

Lol
Who cares if European part of Russia has the biggest population in Europe? What it has to do with signing the petition? Furthermore, according to this article Ukraine is only 7th biggest country in terms of population

But that still has nothing to do with signing the petition.
Author of petition may be bad in geography, but his point is that Ukraine has 40 mils of people (which is quite big number), yet Ukrainian language is ignored, while devs adding Czech and Hungarian localization even though these countries' combined population is lesser then Ukraine's.
And because of soviets heritage we still treated as Russia-like country. And we often don't get Ukrainian localization to many media products just because "why'd you need Ukrainian? Don't you understand Russian?".
Yes, I do understand Russian. Also I understand English, yet I still want to play games, watch movies and read books in Ukrainian.

Anyway, it's your choice to sign this petition or not, but I think your reasoning for not signing it is just a lame excuse.

Last edited:
Lol
Who cares if [...]
[1] His point is that Ukraine has 40 mils of people
[...]
[2] Your reasoning for not signing it is just a lame excuse.
1) No. It says 35, and that's just plain false.
2) I don't sign stuff that has incorrect information. As a matter of principle.

Last edited:
It has been said that the home will change a little with your play thru , like Mass Effect`s captain`s quarters or Outer Worlds .
Which is a shame because player has no direct control over it. Very odd choice for a game where customization is even part of the gameplay! :D Not to mention that I can't imagine a corpo, no matter how destitute or broke, willing to live in a run down apartment in the slums or, vice versa, a street kid having a nice flat in a high rise downtown...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom