Curse You GOG!

+
35 New games for 120 PLN?! (in total 30 euro[I had discount from TWAG yet :3]) are you fucking kidding me CDP??... Well, thank you I just bought it.

Edit: Also, 80% of this games I played as a kid or teenager.....

Last edited:
In some recently repackaged games GOG started using password encrypted RARs in the installer. If you think it's some kind of joke, it is not. What happened to the DRM-free claims isn't clear and GOG so far didn't comment anything. Luckily the password can be found by applying md5sum to the game id (which is stored in the innosetup script). So hopefully innoextract will be able to use that to unpack this new mess. Id can also be obtained on the game page using this method (for example for the Neverwinter Nights):

Code:
curl -s -o- 'http://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition' | pcregrep --buffer-size 1M -o1 "addToCart\('/cart/add/(\d+)'\)"

In some recently repackaged games GOG started using password encrypted RARs in the installer. If you think it's some kind of joke, it is not.

That's crazy - I assume they are being asked about this?

Edit: OK, just read a couple of GOG threads. So it could be an unintended side-effect of something else they're doing? I guess it needs time for them to answer, especially as this surfaced during the holidays.

Last edited:
I assume it can be a mistake, and not an intended thing. Though I have no clue how can one make such a mistake without aim to do it, i.e. take out unpacking which could be easily done with InnoSetup itself and place it into some custom encrypted unrar thingie. Some mistake it is... Hopefully GOG will answer eventually, since otherwise it can be easily seen as them slipping into DRM territory.

Last edited:

I'd like to read your impressions on this game. I played it for the first time when I was 14 and it has been one of my all time favorites ever since.

My usual advice when playing adventure games applies: do NOT look up solutions. If you get stuck ask here, I'll give you subtle hints and try not to spoil anything.

LUCASFILM ON GOG.COM: Wave II starts now.

Lucasfilm strikes back.

A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
Star Wars
™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
- digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars
™: X-Wing Alliance™
Star Wars
™ Galactic Battlegrounds Saga

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
Star Wars
™ Battlefront™ II
Star Wars™: Dark Forces
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™

The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
gog.com/news/lucasfilm_on_gogcom_wave_ii_starts_now

The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning.
Sounds like there's 'just' more Star Wars related stuff inbound for the remainder of the week, however they could have worded it that way on purpose for tricksies.

Wouldn't mind me some Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast or Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy though.

The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
Star Wars™: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars™ Rebellion
Star Wars™ Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!
gog.com/news/lucasfilm_on_gogcom_wave_ii_starts_now

There has to be an error. How come Rogue Squadron is only 47.6 MB?

I remember playing the hell out of that one back then. Got all the gold medals and still wanted more. I think a remake/sequel is in order, but this time including the PC.

I also got it and installed it, but didn't try to start it yet. ~50mb sound hard to believe, indeed...

I also got it and installed it, but didn't try to start it yet. ~50mb sound hard to believe, indeed...

Imagine this: a new Rogue Squadron game with modern 3D graphics, tight controls and tactical approaches to missions. Except... it features an online, cooperative mode. Bring on the powerful Y-Wing and guard it with an A-Wing, or bring two X-Wings, or whatever.

Of course, multiplatform and DRM-free. Wishful thinking since now it's Disney, but still.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment now on GOG.com

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment comes to GOG.com.

We're on a roll! We're happy to announce that Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment joins the GOG.com catalog to make the world of DRM-free gaming that much better today. We're starting off with six widely requested titles:

Let's start big:
Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 just got the GOG.com treatment. If you were having a hard time getting these notorious bits of gaming history to run on your computer, boy do we have a surprise for you!

We're also launching these five heavily requested titles with big, weeklong discounts:
LEGO Batman: The Videogame -50%
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 - 4
-60%
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5 - 7 -60%
F.E.A.R. Platinum
-50%
Bastion
-60%

It's yet another great start to yet another great publisher debut on GOG.com, let's get our fill!
gog.com/news/warner_bros_interactive_entertainment_on_gogcom

Top Bottom