Curse You GOG!

+
Perhaps because it was added to the Galaxy client (still waiting for a Linux version of it).
Today goodies: Star Trek games.

I like the Galaxy format, it's straightforward and clean. Anythings better than the GoG downloader really. I DL TWAG and it says it's installed, but it wasn't. Then I installed and it still won't let me play?? I'm all for having all my GoG games in one place, but in the final product I hope it's consistent. Open Galaxy, find game, install, preview or play. That's how it should work every time.

I'd say that's what GOG should do - open source their Galaxy client ;)

You can only DL one game at a time, you can't manage mods and those two things right there are already barriers, I uninstalled and simply set up a 'games' and back up 'mods' folder on my desktop. We'll see how it evolves but I'm not cluttering up my new hard drive from the start.

Managing mods is a good question. How should the client resolve local modifications or additions? Open Galaxy client will have to address this issue when community will work on it. So far GOG at least still plans to publish Galaxy protocol some time in the future.

This client can end up being rather complex, akin to package managers or source control clients which handle version conflicts and so on.

Major releases unchained from DRM

Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Metro: Last Light Redux, Darksiders 1+2.

To break free from your shackles. To take that first free step and breath of fresh air. Oh, the exhilaration of a newfound freedom to be played anywhere, at any time!

It's what we like to imagine today's releases would think if they could think. That's because today we do our part to unchain five major titles (each brilliant in its own way) from every tiniest bit of DRM that they've ever known. That means they're being released completely DRM-free for the very first time, right here on GOG.com.
The five titles unchained today are:

--Metro: Last Light Redux (-50%) - The 2014 remastered re-release of the blockbuster horror/FPS set in post-apocalyptic Moscow.

--Saints Row 2 (-60%) - The surprise cult hit that reinvigorated the open-world action-adventure genre with its unique sprinkle of quirk. Complete with the GOG.com treatment to work flawlessly on modern PCs.

--Saints Row: The Third (-66%) - Quirk overload. The massively popular open-world action-adventure that flipped a genre on its head.

--Darksiders + Darksiders 2 (Up to 75% off) - Hack and slash done right. Become a horseman of the apocalypse and fight as Death himself.

All five releases (and extra DLC package for Darksiders 2) are discounted for one whole week, that's until Monday, May 18 at 12:59 PM GMT.
gog.com/news/major_releases_unchained_from_drm

I saw Saint's Row 2 and was excited, but it seems it still has the previous PC port issues. Darksiders is a good series though and I'm happy it's on GoG now.

Looks cool. I'll get it sometime when it's cheap and after I've played through other games, like... TW3.

GoG sure has no intention of streamlining downloads and updates outside of Galaxy. You'd think after this many years they could streamline the browser DL and make update bullshit just a bit easier.

Last edited:
Oh! Surprise... Today I've recieved the code for a copy of TW3 from Asus/gtx970 downloadable from GOG :p

Can I have two digitals copies in GOG?

Top Bottom