Cursed Scroll vs Iris Companion

+

rrc

Forum veteran
So, with the recent announced buff to Cursed Scroll, what is the point of having Iris Companion card in the game? Don't mistake me, I really like the change. It will be my strategem in all my Sheldon Handbuff decks as missing our Sheldon in R1 is the weakest aspect of the deck. But, with this strategem in game, shouldn't Iris'c Companions be reworked completely? Why spending 7 provisions to get a card of your choice with the risk of discarding the same card or even other important card when you can just use this strategem?

If you ask "But what if you don't get blue coin?" I will answer "what if you don't draw Iris' companion", but I am sure no one will defend that junk card. Iris companion should be like Maxxie, 5P with 6 point body, and even then, I wouldn't use it unless there is some guarantee about which card will be discarded. What do you think about Cursed Scroll post 8.5?

Iris Companions saw no play anyways.
The reason it saw play in Open Beta was for the fact that the difference between Gold and Bronze cards was a lot smaller and since only having 10/25 cards being Gold/Silver meant that discarding something strong was a lot smaller.
Right now Iris Companions is far, far too little tempo, does not work with even remotely stacked hands and is outclassed by better tutoring, especially since it is pretty much an objectively worse Royal Decree (unless you want Specials, however in that case there is still Matta).

No power / provisions tweaks will make Companions playable, unless it'd be something along 10 strength for 7p and current ability as the downside of the card. Full rework is needed.

I'd like something along:
Deploy: Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw that many cards.

An obvious option for reworking Companions (which I agree is needed if the card is to ever see play again) would be to make it spawn either the Black Cat or Black Dog, and those two would have different abilities. Perhaps one would be offensive and the other defensive.
Either the spawns or the card itself would probably need to be Special.

I'm not going to suggest any abilities because I'm no good at that, but this would add flavour to the card.

I guess the only somewhat "useful" and save way to play them would be in Skellige on the final turn in one round on beast Morkvarg or a Tuirseach Skirmisher preferably with the new Coral on Board for a additional discard damage ping, but in other Factions the Companions aren't really playable, so I guess it would probably make sense to give the Skill to a Skellige unit some day and rework Iris Companions entirely.

But to be honest I really enjoyed putting Iris Companions in my deck in the double play seasonal Mode when NG Spies played Cards of the same provision Cost from the opponents Deck for a unreliable Cantarella play and I was even a bit sad that there aren't more strange/awkward to play cards like that around.

Top Bottom