custom letter and books

+
custom letter and books

Hello, I think it was asked here before. How could I make my own books and letters with it's own text?

Here is what you have to do:
1. Go to Witcher 2 folder, find there an .xml-file called def_item_books (or something like that).
2. Create a new item (you may just copy an existing book or letter and simply change its name).
3. Go to String editor in REDkit and create strings with following parameters (lets say, our book called "Test_book"):

a) Name: Test_book
Type: String key
Description: Here enter a name of a book, which you'll see in the game

b) Name: TooltipTest_book
Description: Here enter a description of your book (item), which you'll see in the game

c) Name Test_book_entry
Description: Here enter a text of a book (letter) which will be displayed after double click on you book in the inventory

Currently I'm working on a tutorial about creating new recipes\schematics and potions. I'm planning to translate in into English and put it on a new Wiki-page. In case someone is interested in this.

Thanks! Will try.
Btw Im looking forward to that tutorial :), I wanted to do such a thing for one quest. Btw do you know if I could set a certain potion/book to "quest items" in the inventory?

Russian version is done, now wait until I make a translation..

You should add tag "Quest tag" to your item. Look for in in the .xml-file.
<tags>SortTypeBook,Usable, Quest</tags>

And change the category to "quest."

category="quest"

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I tried to follow the book tutorial and wonder if I'm in the right string editor as I have some different categories than described. Can someone help me?

Attachments

• Stringeditor.PNG
    Stringeditor.PNG
    126.6 KB · Views: 188
Top Bottom