Customization: Cross Dressing

+
CD Project Red has made it clear that they take representation very seriously. If they want to let the players define their own gender identity, another element they could implement, is the option to cross dress. This could add another layer of gender expression.

What do you think about the option to cross dress in Cyberpunk? Most people may not indulge in this option, but it will be an option for people who want it. I think it would not only expand the variety of options, but it would effectively fit within the themes of Cyberpunk.

It’s not representation enough if I can’t make a Dame Edna character.

1568577635177.jpeg

I think that's what they did, they opened up the customization by removing the barrier between a female and male V where now you just pick a body type. I'd presume you can see and wear anything given you have the means though I wouldn't expect guys wearing skirts however you never know, that world's pretty crazy after all.

From what I gathered creating your cyberpunk character will be quite amazing.
It's also wise to manage one's expectations.
CDPR is ambitious, but they are still human and they probably don't want to spoil too much, I'm glad they don't spill the beans, I actually hope there will be things that I never expected to be included, but are and make a difference.

I just hope there's some cool ninja stuff, I don't even care what gender it's for if I can equip it to look badass, that's for sure. :D

G30M1

Forum regular
Men are already starting to wear skirts, dresses, crop tops, heels, makeup etc. in the real world and it's 2019. I doubt it'd be weird for any kind of people to wear any kind of clothing in 2077.

That being said, I would assume V would be able to wear any of the clothing items that are available in the game.

I suppose it all just depends on if Red is programming all the clothing for every body type.

I would love to crossdress in this game so long as I can change the weight of the character. Basically, for shits and giggles, I'd like to do a Big Mama's House type of deal.

Last edited:
There is no cross dressing according to what the devs said. You customize voice, and that's it. All you can do is change your voice. You can choose a male model and pick the female VOs, or the reverse, etc. That's it. Period.
I thought this was just in the CC? I didn't realise there had been any comment on clothing or equipment thus far.

My guess is that clothing will conform to the body type you choose and that no piece of clothing will be locked based on body type. Just like you never found a piece of armor in the Witcher which Geralt could not wear because it was too big or too small for his body, I bet any piece of clothing in CP2077 will "adapt" to the form of the wearer.

So as long as CDPR doesn't make the stupid mistake of having a suit of armor transform into a chainmail bikini just because the body type is set to female, I think we are good.

I actually haven't thought about this and it sounds awesome. I love that this is such a natural and fitting part of the game.

Just as long as the game also allows for an option to define your character as a straight man / straight woman.
I'm all for adding extra options for the players to whom it matters, but please leave an in-game option to explicitly state if my V rolls the old school way.

There is no cross dressing according to what the devs said. You customize voice, and that's it. All you can do is change your voice. You can choose a male model and pick the female VOs, or the reverse, etc. That's it. Period.
That's not whats I've heard. I've heard you'll be able to mix and match different features of both. This wasn't present in the Deep Dive presumably because the CC has just been rebooted and wasn't ready for a full reveal.

We need:
>> FURSUIT <<

No reason Bozzos can dress as Clowns, that V can crossdress and I can't wear a Fursuit...
Not even kidding, would be fun as hell.

Guest 4310777

Don't stress, CP2077 will be the most comprehensive tranny simulator to date. You're going to need some serious next gen hardware to compute the vast array of complex tranny algorithms implemented in this product.

Like a sign or something?
Works for me. I just really hope CDPR will avoid the awkwardness of games like PoE: Deadfire, where everyone treats the main character like s/he's out to fuck every being with a soul, and maybe a few things without one.

So.. it will not be possible to create a real trans/tranny?
As I imagined, just dirty marketing. :(

Cross-dressing and exotic/extravagant dressing is part of the cyberpunk codes in my humble opinion. But I can understand that in some places of the cyberpunk world, it wouldn't be common to dress extravagantly. It's up to CDPR and Mike Pondsmith to choose the cultural background of their own. Modders will fill the gap eventually, I'm sure of that.

Top Bottom