Customization seems so limited/poor..

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah so far I'm unimpressed by the customization and character creation. I am quite confused as to why they didn't decide to show more of that in their 15 minute demo.

But I'm holding out hope that things improve.

We're looking at, from what I can tell, about 4 options for nose, ears, mouth, and likely jaw. 10+ options for beard (yay! I love beards). Maybe 4 or 5 options for surface wiring. And 5 or 6 hairstyle options -- what? That part in particular baffles me. Obviously, I could be misinterpreting this interface.

Only a few eye color and skin tone options, too.

Part of me hopes that these are just starting options, and you can visit a barber to get extra ones later on, like some other RPGs do.

1567200270378.png

Game's eight months away. It wouldn't surprise me if they've barely worked on CC and this is just a placeholder. There doesn't even seem to be an option for hair color.
Also a voice option is nowhere to be seen in what they showed.
Seems like that is not the current CC but the one from before E3.

Hence why they showed a highly edited 15 minute video instead of the full length because stuff already changed alot since the E3 feedback.

This game is too big for their britches. Is there any reason in even having a character creator anymore if they completely got rid of 3rd person cutscenes? They need to clarify if that is true or people will boycott this game. Cutscenes seeing our character is the only damn reason people were okay with it being first person.

Well, at least, we don't saw birth record at all, which is particularly interesting because some points such as: Name, convictions and education, the backstory: Childhood hero, Key Life Event and Why Night City? Don't know, maybe I miss something there, perhaps it develop through the entire "Life Path" initially histories but I miss a lot of stuff there.

And about visual customization per se, well, at least in this image there was at least ten different choices for each type, nose, hair, etc. I know they must have changed things but I expected more than five, minimun, don't know, and there are no options for hair color, scars, makeup, skin mods, piercings... uh, a lot of stuff that is missed. And, if they have changed it since E3 feedback and more, why just don't show us this unfinished CC? They always show as the things as much finished as they can, no matter the work in progress state that we assume, I don't understand all this today's whole move, really, mates.

I hope there really is much more and that much more doesn't mean 2-3 additions.

EDIT: Really hope we can also have stuff like mohawks.

Last edited:
Hey :)

I think that they won't show everything about the game yet (or would you wanna get everything spoiled ? I would not)... and 'hopefully' we will have more custom options that will be earned through progression, exploration on the map, money or street cred, just not available right into character creation, we gonna earn these shiny things right ?

My only fear is that I would prefer if we get the rudimentary custom creation at start ('natural' hair/eyes/skin color and shape), so we would play hard for finding these special shops that sells the very special body cosmetics.

But in general, the more fun custom will be, the more happy I am.

(EDIT: oh yeah, I'm unhappy with clothing types, like seeing a common and dirty "EPIC" shirt I mean OMG what does make that shirt so epic then ? Does it makes sense beside its stats ? Wouldn't 'quality type' be more appropriate then, like the quality of the fabric ?

(Second EDIT : I forgot about voice options, I'm really looking forward to see pitching options too.) (complain: OFF))

Last edited:
I think that they won't show everything about the game yet (or would you wanna get everything spoiled ? I would not)... and 'hopefully' we will have more custom options that will be earned through progression, exploration on the map, money or street cred, just not available right into character creation, we gonna earn these shiny things right ?

I agree with that, I would prefer to get more items through shops, especially clothes and anything that deals with tattoos.

Hi CDP Red Team,
please, bring back previous eye colour selection menu or make eyes and hair colours fully adjustable/customisable. It could be also nice to have an option during the game to purchase coloured eye lenses as new assets/accesories.

ccavatar.png
I really want my V female character to have black iris colour and vivid bright pink hair (y):beer:

Hey :)

My only fear is that I would prefer if we get the rudimentary custom creation at start ('natural' hair/eyes/skin color and shape), so we would play hard for finding these special shops that sells the very special body cosmetics.

But in general, the more fun custom will be, the more happy I am.

(EDIT: oh yeah, I'm unhappy with clothing types, like seeing a common and dirty "EPIC" shirt I mean OMG what does make that shirt so epic then ? Does it makes sense beside its stats ? Wouldn't 'quality type' be more appropriate then, like the quality of the fabric ?

(Second EDIT : I forgot about voice options, I'm really looking forward to see pitching options too.) (complain: OFF))
I was epic bcz it was a Samurai. But you can buy it in every shop.... and possibly the 'epicness' will go away when Samurai is no longer Epic..
Post automatically merged:

Hi CDP Red Team,
please, bring back previous eye colour selection menu or make eyes and hair colours fully adjustable/customisable. It could be also nice to have an option during the game to purchase coloured eye lenses as new assets/accesories.

View attachment 11013881
I really want my V female character to have black iris colour and vivid bright pink hair (y):beer:
I am 100% sure you can have that :)

I hope there really is much more and that much more doesn't mean 2-3 additions.

EDIT: Really hope we can also have stuff like mohawks.

We have seen Mohawks on NPC`s so i hope we can too :love:
Post automatically merged:

Hi CDP Red Team,

View attachment 11013881

Totally with you on pink hair

Attachments

• cyberpunk___redlight_district_by_celarx-d84wyvg.jpg
    cyberpunk___redlight_district_by_celarx-d84wyvg.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 508
Yeah, definitely worried about clothes. In general absence of armor, is there even armor in the game? Like Johnny has a bulletproof vest but where is mine for V, combat boots, military pants or maybe even cyber versions of that. The character was lvl 18 und is still running around in jeans and chucks. I mean nothing against jeans and chucks, i run around in jeans chucks but don't want my battle heavy cyberpunk character fighting 20 enemies on steroids shooting all kinds of weapons in casual clothes!

It's cool that we have the option for casual clothes if we want that but how does it work? Do we get "epic" t-shirt loot drops with good stats on it and thats it? It seems kind of silly. Obviously these are only a handful of options but i hope they show some more combat ready gear.

And where is my cigar?

I'd like to see more of the creator before passing judgement on it they glazed passed it really quickly this time, I do hope that they cover it more in depth in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom