Customization seems so limited/poor..

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, definitely worried about clothes. In general absence of armor, is there even armor in the game? Like Johnny has a bulletproof vest but where is mine for V, combat boots, military pants or maybe even cyber versions of that. The character was lvl 18 und is still running around in jeans and chucks. I mean nothing against jeans and chucks, i run around in jeans chucks but don't want my battle heavy cyberpunk character fighting 20 enemies on steroids shooting all kinds of weapons in casual clothes!

It's cool that we have the option for casual clothes if we want that but how does it work? Do we get "epic" t-shirt loot drops with good stats on it and thats it? It seems kind of silly. Obviously these are only a handful of options but i hope they show some more combat ready gear.

And where is my cigar?

Good point about V having armor. I think a mercenary should have that option.

Perhaps, instead of stats in clothing (because it seems like RED is fully aware of stat vs. style problems) the stats are moreso invested in you? Put points in 'body' to be tankier rather than having shirts with stats?

BUT I still think you should have the style option of looking more combat ready if you want to. And maybe they'd just give an extra boost of armor if it's clearly an armor piece you're wearing.

Of course it's limited at character selection, you need to buy more features at shops in game....(It's a maybe)

I wonder why some people won't take into consideration the fact that the demo was put together some full year before the actual game release. These are tertiary things from the development point of view. You build the system, the mechanics and make sure they work as intended. Then you add cosmetic things. Never the other way round. So the cosmetics leaves A LOT to be desired (they seem to be just placeholders) but the system seems to work. I still can't get the logic: "The game offers more than all cyberpunk themed and most FP RPG in the history combined, but it's still to little![...]"
:)

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd really worry or complain in that department if this remains until or by full release.

Judging this now won't really cut it as we're not that close to release (relatively seen). I would personally agree that the current amount of options seems a bit too limited and that roughly doubling them on average (at least) would be advised.

Maybe or surely (as stated by a reddit post above) they have this on their minds or list. I'd assume people would actually or rightfully criticize customization options if those were like this at release but we can doubt this will be the case. Especially if people speak about this and raise awareness.

I merely refer to quantity. If customization subjectively seems to limited, it'll bug people.

As I like to say, time will tell. Opposed to introducing new quests, sub-plots or notable world parts I reckon that overhauling or enhancing the CC (Character Creator) should be relatively easy or do-able in comparison. There, you can surely do a lot in about 7 months.

I wonder why some people won't take into consideration the fact that the demo was put together some full year before the actual game release. These are tertiary things from the development point of view. You build the system, the mechanics and make sure they work as intended. Then you add cosmetic things. Never the other way round. So the cosmetics leaves A LOT to be desired (they seem to be just placeholders) but the system seems to work. I still can't get the logic: "The game offers more than all cyberpunk themed and most FP RPG in the history combined, but it's still to little! [...]"
Because most of the times you see gameplay of the game, that's how it will look like when it's released in a few months. Of course this is CDPR, they might be different but who knows...

Plus yeah, some things we saw are still in development but what are those things? How should we know? What if some things are already finished? So people just comment everything.

Quote edited. -Drac

This game is too big for their britches. Is there any reason in even having a character creator anymore if they completely got rid of 3rd person cutscenes? They need to clarify if that is true or people will boycott this game. Cutscenes seeing our character is the only damn reason people were okay with it being first person.

Ok... But... I don't recall anyone saying "No cutscenes. Forget about the elevator scene and the apartment scene" There's one guy on the polish forum saying that he has an exclusive info from a source deeeeeeeep in the CDPR. But that's bullshit. The scenes from 2018 demo were surprise because before that CDPR was claiming that they were not planning 3rd person cutscenes. There's also two kinds of cutscenes. In action cutscene whene the game takes control out of your hands and you just watch the action, and cinematic cut scene as the elevator and the apartament scenes. CDPR has problem with news feed. They try to feed every single and slight new as a groudbreaking news of the century, and it backfires. I think you could chill up and wait before you decide to boycott the game.
Post automatically merged:

Plus yeah, some things we saw are still in development but what are those things? How should we know? What if some things are already finished? So people just comment everything.

You use your experience and knowledge to form an educated guess. Work in Progress + 10 months to the DDay + You Add Extra Stuff At The End = Things will likely change. Of coure, there's a questin of whether they'll change for better or for worse. And what's better and what's worse depend's on a person. There're guys out there who are like "Character customization shit I don't wanna create character I want a guy from trailer[...]!" :)

Edited. -Drac

Judging by the new CC nudist is out but if you mean undies for " Minimalist Fashion " there`s still a chance :p

Did they say it or where did you get it?

Nudism and Exhibition would have been nice twist in the series. Minimalists styles have been done before but those never.

I would say any menus in the 15 minute demo aren't much to go on and are likely to have been custom made for the demo. The screen where you can change back and forth between the 2 versions of V seems highly polished, but has (I believe) been confirmed not to be in the game at all, just for the demo, so we could logically conclude the same for the rest.
1567248109881.png

I'd like face codes like in Mass Effect 3 for example, so you can use faces made by people who love to tweak it perfectly.

Doesn't that only make sense when you have seamless sliders? Otherwise you can as well just give a number-combination (top to bottom for example) and have people select the right option.

Here, everything points to numbers or hard sliders or options - not a seamless one you can drag left and right. There, a quick code you can copy makes sense. Here, just use a list like "3-10-2-6-1-3" or so.

I wonder why some people won't take into consideration the fact that the demo was put together some full year before the actual game release. These are tertiary things from the development point of view. You build the system, the mechanics and make sure they work as intended. Then you add cosmetic things. Never the other way round. So the cosmetics leaves A LOT to be desired (they seem to be just placeholders) but the system seems to work. I still can't get the logic: "The game offers more than all cyberpunk themed and most FP RPG in the history combined, but it's still to little![...]"

Edited. -Drac
Maybe because the point of a "demo" is to "demonstrate" what to expect. Can some things change? Sure. Will most things change? Probably not. The game has been in development for years and is months away from going gold...some things are done and mostly set in stone.

The mantra that a lot of people seem to be sharing, the "The game is months away, they'll fix it/change things" sounds like the favorite mantra in the film industry "They'll fix it in post", and anyone that handles editing in post-filming will tell you that yeah, some things can and will be fixed, but not everything. And as anyone fairly familiar with game development will tell you, that same idea applies, as well.

Maybe because the point of a "demo" is to "demonstrate" what to expect. Can some things change? Sure. Will most things change? Probably not. The game has been in development for years and is months away from going gold...some things are done and mostly set in stone.

The mantra that a lot of people seem to be sharing, the "The game is months away, they'll fix it/change things" sounds like the favorite mantra in the film industry "They'll fix it in post", and anyone that handles editing in post-filming will tell you that yeah, some things can and will be fixed, but not everything. And as anyone fairly familiar with game development will tell you, that same idea applies, as well.
It’s also fair to criticize especially if they screw awesome features im less hyped for sure but maybe they can surprise us at the end....im trying to stay optimistic

Hi CDP Red Team,
please, bring back previous eye colour selection menu or make eyes and hair colours fully adjustable/customisable. It could be also nice to have an option during the game to purchase coloured eye lenses as new assets/accesories.

View attachment 11013881
I really want my V female character to have black iris colour and vivid bright pink hair (y):beer:
Cool
I want galaxy techhair, purples eyes and glowing tattoos :sad:
Post automatically merged:

Totally with you on pink hair
Beautiful picture
Transparent clothes :love:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom