Customization seems so limited/poor..

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be that the two customization screens are/was the old renditions of what might be another thing on release?

I share people concern about the character builder, it seem to be lacking

No body sliders at all is a very bad point, for a so called RPG...? How i'm supposed to RP if I can't create a character that look like me or like i want to be? I can't create Batou From GITS then? neither a tall slim man? or a short muscle man?
My girlfriend won't be able to create a lil chubby avatar either?

The face option looked also very limited... 5 hairstyles? 5 differents eyes and mouths? CDPR please.
If you don't enhance the character builder before release, i really hope you will make modding ready so people can enhance it for you.

To be totally honest the 10 min trailer was rather disapointing... the Chara builder is one of several concern the trailer highlighted for me.
Hopefully we trust you and the long interview was interesting but I'm now a bit worried and less hyped :/

Last edited:

No body sliders at all is a very bad point, for a so called RPG...? How i'm supposed to RP if I can't create a character that look like me or like i want to be? I can't create Batou From GITS then? neither a tall slim man? or a short muscle man?

The face option looked also very limited... 5 hairstyles? 5 differents eyes and mouths? CDPR please.
If you don't enhance the character builder before release, i really hope you will make modding ready so people can enhance it for you.

To be totally honest the 10 min trailer was rather disapointing... the Chara builder is one of several concern the trailer highlighted for me.
Hopefully we trust you and the long interview was interesting but I'm now a bit worried and less hyped :/
I think the ability to choose from multiple types have been confirmed(?) and V has a couple of body tattoos which I'm certain won't be forced on us. Also missing was the much discussed choice of a masculine or feminine voice so I think it's a safe bet that the CC here is just a place holder.

it doesn't matter. they removed 3rd person cutscenes as well from this game. Nobody is gonna look at mirrors and OH BOY we can see our character in inventory screens? Gee, thanks CDPR.

The direction for this game is terrible.

Seriously, why are you hanging around here? Wouldn't your time be better spent on a game that you'll actually enjoy?

Personally, I prefer presets to sliders as it's harder to make an aberration (especially the sneaky kindy that you don't notice until an hour into the game), and more discrete choices means that I'll be able to jump into the game sooner, rather than obsessing over whether my eyebrows should be 0.2% higher.

And as mentioned elsewhere, design is not content. The numbers on that screen are basically arbitrary at this point since there's still a lot of time for CDPR to add more hairstyles and the like.

Ok... But... I don't recall anyone saying "No cutscenes. Forget about the elevator scene and the apartment scene" There's one guy on the polish forum saying that he has an exclusive info from a source deeeeeeeep in the CDPR. But that's bullshit. The scenes from 2018 demo were surprise because before that CDPR was claiming that they were not planning 3rd person cutscenes. There's also two kinds of cutscenes. In action cutscene whene the game takes control out of your hands and you just watch the action, and cinematic cut scene as the elevator and the apartament scenes. CDPR has problem with news feed. They try to feed every single and slight new as a groudbreaking news of the century, and it backfires. I think you could chill up and wait before you decide to boycott the game.

I believe, the "they removed third person cutscenes" mantra has reached a point called "repeat until people believe it".

I don't believe it to be true. If they already made 3rd person cutscenes, it makes no sense to remove them.

I'm not really concerned about character (visual aspect) creation much anymore. I am assuming I will barely see the character so a lot (with the FPP and likely little to no cutscenes) of the fun of creating a detailed character is out the window for me. I spent about 4 hours to create a character in Fallout 4 to get her just right, but I feel like I will spend about 10 minutes on this one which is ok, I intend to have fun anyway but I don't think this will be as immersive for me.

This disappointment is especially true for me with fashion (clothes) because that entire aspect of enjoying dressing up the character in style is kind of out too. I think the clothes and armor will be about min-maxing, skills, and not just being cool and awesome looking and getting to RP my character just walking around and chilling randomly in places. (this is how I get immersed personally) I really was excited about decorating or having another home or apartment to have a sense of building up the character but it sounds like that is out, and I don't care at all about customizing cars or weapons (I think these will be in the game) so it's kind of bad luck for me.

Seriously, why are you hanging around here? Wouldn't your time be better spent on a game that you'll actually enjoy?
Personally, I prefer presets to sliders as it's harder to make an aberration (especially the sneaky kindy that you don't notice until an hour into the game), and more discrete choices means that I'll be able to jump into the game sooner, rather than obsessing over whether my eyebrows should be 0.2% higher.

And as mentioned elsewhere, design is not content. The numbers on that screen are basically arbitrary at this point since there's still a lot of time for CDPR to add more hairstyles and the like.
Preset and Slider should be the thing, it's like this in all proper chara builder since more than 10 years... and who care about 'aberation' or midget avatar? It's a SOLO RPG let people be what they want to be, it's literaly the whole point of Role Playing...

And i really doubt CDPR is 'hiding' their custom choise on a 1 year awaited game advert, How they just skipped that part so fast in the trailer is telling me exactly the opposite, like : "ups we have nothing to share here, lets move on."

Let's not be blind or clueless fanboys... There is no 'haters' here, just people who want Cyberpunk to be as good as possible.

you can't see your character anymore in cutscenes since they removed them so who cares. The character creator is completley useless in this game. Poorly directed game
Dude. There's no single information confirming cut scenes removal. My googlefu may be limited, but you should check really thoroughfuly before hating. They said early in 2018, before the first gameplay "There won't be cutscenes", yet ther'e were cinematic cutscenes in the 2018 demo. CINEMATIC cutscenes between chapters, not IN ACTION cutscenes that break the flow of the game.

Honestly little after last year demo, they say somewhere that most of cutscenes will be in FPP, even last year demo had only one cutscene for 50 minute demo that is nothing and now imagine you play 100+ hours without TPP cutscenes, and that was one bright spot about game.

This thread is not about the recent cutscene related news, so please keep that discussion in appropriate threads.

Could be that the two customization screens are/was the old renditions of what might be another thing on release?
Yes, they are. I recall from Cyberpunk community podcast that apparently the devs were still working on character creator and since it doesn't include options like mixing male/female attributes or picking the voice, the one we saw in the demo is definitely outdated by several months.

I would say any menus in the 15 minute demo aren't much to go on and are likely to have been custom made for the demo. The screen where you can change back and forth between the 2 versions of V seems highly polished, but has (I believe) been confirmed not to be in the game at all, just for the demo, so we could logically conclude the same for the rest.
View attachment 11013920
I hope you're right. It does seem like a very smart observation, so you deserve good credit for pointing that out. :D
Post automatically merged:

I'd like face codes like in Mass Effect 3 for example, so you can use faces made by people who love to tweak it perfectly.
Yes PLEASE! :D

That would be awesome !
YEA! :D

Doesn't that only make sense when you have seamless sliders? Otherwise you can as well just give a number-combination (top to bottom for example) and have people select the right option.

Here, everything points to numbers or hard sliders or options - not a seamless one you can drag left and right. There, a quick code you can copy makes sense. Here, just use a list like "3-10-2-6-1-3" or so.
*gets PTSD flashbacks to the slider threads*

notched clicking sliders like
[1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10] (and beyond)
(like every number is their individual button, and clearly labeled)
AND
face/body codes.

Unfortunately, I really do have to very strongly agree with you wholeheartedly.

I think the ability to choose from multiple types have been confirmed(?) and V has a couple of body tattoos which I'm certain won't be forced on us. Also missing was the much discussed choice of a masculine or feminine voice so I think it's a safe bet that the CC here is just a place holder.
I really do hope so. I hope all my worry is misplaced. You seem like the voice of reason in the last few threads I saw.

This is why I like sliders that have all their settings represented as numbered presets with each setting being its own numbered and labeled individual button or notch.
Example
[1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-and so on.

Last edited:
All the characters seems a little bit ugly IMO, I would like to see some pretty faces, it's the future.

Judging by the new CC nudist is out but if you mean undies for " Minimalist Fashion " there`s still a chance :p
Dammit! My nudist playthough ruined! :)
Did they say it or where did you get it?
Nudism and Exhibition would have been nice twist in the series. Minimalists styles have been done before but those never.
Where did you hear about this? I want nudism to be possible in the game, just for the fun of it. I worry that they wont allow it but I don't know what is actually confirmed or not. If our characters are already capable of existing that way, why not allow V to eat kibble like cereal for breakfast in their own apartment, and then accidentally forget to put clothes on before heading out for a day of fighting the bad guys? Would make for some fairly hilarious game play if the player chooses to do so. Just as a customization option. I don't like it how most games the player removes all clothing, but you tend to be left with some unusual generic underwear of a pre-locked style that can't be changed. Would be nice to have different underwear options or none at all.

All I see are people in this thread making assumptions and jumping to conclusions. On the part where the characters were in their underwear, just because they were doesn't mean there isn't going to be nudity. Also the character customization looked limited because it was shown in a short 15 minute demo that focused on playstyles not character creation itself.

Does this game need an extensive customization option? Like customization option in Half-Life.

Also the character customization looked limited because it was shown in a short 15 minute demo that focused on playstyles not character creation itself.

Oh come on. Look at this picture and count how many options there was in old demo and this new one. In old video, in every category we had 10 options. In this new demo we have only 4. Only difference is beard because now we are looking at male character. Oh sorry. Left side "body type". When I think about it, I'm expecting that now, right side "body type" will also have beard options. Look how many eye color options there were in old demo and how many are now. And please don't tell me it's only "work in progress" and I should not assume anything from this video. If that is the case, why even show us anything? At this point I can expect that in final version there will be only "body type" slider and nothing more.
very very veeeeery deep customization system.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom