Customization seems so limited/poor..

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to their official twitter description, it's now an "action/open world story game" and not an RPG. Take that how you will.
I wasn't aware they'd changed this but I'm very glad they did as it more accurately represents what CP2077 "is" rather then what it "could" be.
Pretty sure most are not happy about this
BIG UH OH for me...
Why can't it just be admitted that it's a very unusual blend (without a well known label) between an action/open world story game and an RPG?
I love action.
I love open world
I love story
I love game (lol)
I love ROLE PLAYING because it improves the STORY! It makes the action MATTER, I care about it and the outcome more! It makes the open world more RICH and IMMERSIVE!
All these things are good! Why should be choose between one and the other? because someone will get upset that it doesn't have a label we know about? well lets make one! "AOWSGRPG" :D

Last edited:
So cyberpunk is now not a true rpg anymore according to their twitter page and steam description....maybe that’s the reason they screwed the awesome character creator from last year and all the other stuff

So cyberpunk is now not a true rpg anymore according to their twitter page and steam description....maybe that’s the reason they screwed the awesome character creator from last year and all the other stuff

I liked the old way better, perhaps if the game does go more to that action/adventure genre rather than RPG then maybe it would be better to go a different route for character creation.
But I'm hoping that they do go on the route for having something closer to the 2018 Demo version.
It is a work in progress after all *even though there is only so much you can change :shrug:

The game is a RPG. They changed the description on Twitter page simply because action-adventure games sell better than RPG - just marketing.
Action-adventure game can be a role play game at the same time, right?
On Polish websites, on Polish radio interview developers still advertise the game as RPG. So take it easy, relax people;)

I liked the old way better, perhaps if the game does go more to that action/adventure genre rather than RPG then maybe it would be better to go a different route for character creation.
But I'm hoping that they do go on the route for having something closer to the 2018 Demo version.
It is a work in progress after all *even though there is only so much you can change :shrug:
I don’t even know if you can call this a character creator because now it looks more like customization.The footage from last year showed a character creator where in the end you can say....this is my own hero

The game is a RPG. They changed the description on Twitter page simply because action-adventure games sell better than RPG - just marketing.
Action-adventure game can be a role play game at the same time, right?
On Polish websites, on Polish radio interview developers still advertise the game as RPG. So take it easy, relax people;)

Is it just marketing though or is this how they would really define the game now?
Emphasis on now, because before it was called a RPG on their official page. If people bought the game expecting an action/adventure and got more of an RPG then they would probably be angry and I'd expect angry reviews, to me it doesn't seem the smartest but eh, I know nothing about marketing.
Also even if Polish radio/sites etc. say it's an RPG does that even hold much weight?

But I don't know, I'm not going to just fully judge the game and how I think it'll be until it's out. I plan on pre-ordering the game regardless.

I don’t even know if you can call this a character creator because now it looks more like customization.The footage from last year showed a character creator where in the end you can say....this is my own hero

I'll take anything I can get if I'm being truthful, I just miss having some good RPG that I can really get into. So character creator or customization, I just hope that they make it truly great. What I saw before I really liked, bummed about the childhood hero and reason for coming to Night City being taken out though *least from what I heard

Just want to point something out; that old chestnut, "They have eight months to go, so don't worry!", isn't quite true. A game that is predicted to sell huge numbers like this one has to go gold maybe two months in advance for the hard copy distribution, so it's more like six. But hold on, don't they have to turn a finished version over to the console makers to review and approve like other games? Well, let's see...a game this size, that a few weeks, maybe close to a month, so we're down to maybe five.

So if you're going to use that old reassurance, let's keep it real and get it right..."They have maybe five months to go, so don't worry!".

Just want to point something out; that old chestnut, "They have eight months to go, so don't worry!", isn't quite true. A game that is predicted to sell huge numbers like this one has to go gold maybe two months in advance for the hard copy distribution, so it's more like six. But hold on, don't they have to turn a finished version over to the console makers to review and approve like other games? Well, let's see...a game this size, that a few weeks, maybe close to a month, so we're down to maybe five.

So if you're going to use that old reassurance, let's keep it real and get it right..."They have maybe five months to go, so don't worry!".

Exactly why I don't really like this whole "It's still a work in progress!" replies.

Day 1 patch is pretty standard today, at least on PC.

Im pretty sure they don’t care....We won’t get a real character creator like last year and everything else stays the same too

Is it just marketing though or is this how they would really define the game now?
Emphasis on now, because before it was called a RPG on their official page. If people bought the game expecting an action/adventure and got more of an RPG then they would probably be angry and I'd expect angry reviews, to me it doesn't seem the smartest but eh, I know nothing about marketing.
Also even if Polish radio/sites etc. say it's an RPG does that even hold much weight?

In every single interview in which they talk about the game they mention it's first and foremost an RPG and whatever else second. E3 2018, Gamescom 2018, E3 2019, Gamescom 2019. Solely by their account, it's still very much an RPG. An Action RPG, if you will.

In every single interview in which they talk about the game they mention it's first and foremost an RPG and whatever else second. E3 2018, Gamescom 2018, E3 2019, Gamescom 2019. Solely by their account, it's still very much an RPG. An Action RPG, if you will.

I honestly don't even know much about what interviews they have done and all, I haven't followed that closely. However, if they still say it's an RPG and that's what they will keep telling people then I'll believe it. I look forward to the game anyway, it looks fun and I hope it looks as fun and cool as what was shown for the 2018 demo.

And where can they pull 100+ hours out in a two year development cycle?

I have some examples of how you can extend the game time with less work:

Excessive grind (so you can't level up easy) or steep learning curve
Lots of fetch quests
Lots of back & forth
Lots of hidden (and worthless) collectibles throughout the map
Crafting items that take a humongous amount of raw material
Stupid and time-consuming puzzles, or labyrinths
Finish the game 3 times to discover 'the true ending'
Few or no fast travel
No fast forward time (aka bed time or wait time)
Lots of reading or watching NPCs talk
No quick saves (makes you start over again a large portion of the game each death)
Randomization of some elements of the game
Slow paced character animations (every basic move takes a few seconds of game time)
Non-ergonomic inputs (makes you press 3 seconds for a basic command that could only use a click)
Unnecessary action that needs to be processed every few minutes, penalizes the player if not done
Several of those examples mixed together.

Ok... that was half of a joke (sorry). But there are strategies for extending the game time with less work.

I honestly don't even know much about what interviews they have done and all, I haven't followed that closely. However, if they still say it's an RPG and that's what they will keep telling people then I'll believe it. I look forward to the game anyway, it looks fun and I hope it looks as fun and cool as what was shown for the 2018 demo.
They also responded to people pointing out the twitter thing a while ago as well on this forum (you can still find the thead here). They specifically mentioned the game is still an RPG and even went so far as to respond to people asking "what an RPG means to them" with how they'd describe an RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom