Customization seems so limited/poor..

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, CDPR seems to be struggling with the game development and seems to be at "reasonably early development" 7 MONTHS before the release. What gives?

My guess - the game will be postponed to October 2020.

Keep in mind the build we've seen in the latest demo was the same from E3 2019 which means it's at the very least 10 months too soon to be representative of the final quality.

Why not simply show the old one then? It would've raised less questions. if this character creator is neither the old, nor the one at launch, why show something like this at all? Why remake the CC entirely? I do not understand. There is no logical reason. Something cooked up that has no relation to anything.

What is the meaning of "demonstration"? I always thought its meant to DEMONSTRATE what you are doing.
Your guess is as good as mine honestly. I've never understood developers not showing their best product at big events considering it could mean sales. :shrug:

I believe, the "they removed third person cutscenes" mantra has reached a point called "repeat until people believe it".

I don't believe it to be true. If they already made 3rd person cutscenes, it makes no sense to remove them.

Assets already created can and will be discarded. Just look at the Witcher 3 whole 2014 UI, Yennefer and Triss character models to name just a few.
Post automatically merged:

The old UI looked so stylish and cool... New one is boring and worse in every aspect.

Exactamundo! I’m having Witcher 3 UI change flashbacks. [...] This time I highly doubt even modders could bring back old UI because modding in my opinion will be nonexistent for CP2077.

WOW, I've just found that Alvin Liu, UI design manager and coordinator is not working in CDPR anymore...
https://pl.linkedin.com/in/contactalvinliu
View attachment 11014301View attachment 11014307

That seems like a trend with CDPR and their employees - even before their game is released their team leads are jumping ship.
The Witcher 3 UI underwent two major UI shifts and finally settled on a bland release one.

I really dislike the color options in the equipment that CDPR chose. The one present in the 2018 version was so much better.

The whole UI overhaul is dumbfounding to me - why fix something that ain’t broke? The biggest issue that people wanted fixed was weak gunplay and yet it’s still weak and uninspiring one year later but CDPR goes and spends time and resources on something that didn’t need changing.

I’m starting to believe those Glassdoor reviews from ex-employees about poor leadership in the company and the studio spending more time on demos rather than actual mechanics.

Someone already asked if it would be possible to change the color of the HUD/UI (in either a FB or Twitter DM, can't remember) and they were told it would not be possible.

Also the issue with the new UI isn't about it "not being black and red." The old UI was way, way more organic. Hacking the NCPD database to spec and customize your character was really cool. And of course it felt way more complete and less boring than the most recent one shown.

The game needs a lot of work and some serious reflection on the choices made here. I can't see how all of it will be addressed by April next year. Everything about the 2018 presentation had a lot more artistic flair.

Apparently the old UI lead left hence the change. It seems CDPR can’t keep talent on board before the product launch.

Changing the color of the UI is pretty simple and it's even an option in quite a few games.

Here we go again - the same thing happening on DOOM Eternal Reddit with yes-men trying to placate those unhappy with STYLE changes by saying you could change RGB values of the UI. As if this would somehow magically bring back the old design.

I still think it strange that they reduced options from the 2018 demo. That is really strange unless this new customization screen was whipped up from scratch.
Check out the options for color of eyes. 2018 demo has 36 options. 2019 demo has SEVEN. Am I missing something here?

View attachment 11014664View attachment 11014667
Glassdoor reviews are starting to make more and more sense with each change.

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is too big for their britches. Is there any reason in even having a character creator anymore if they completely got rid of 3rd person cutscenes? They need to clarify if that is true or people will boycott this game. Cutscenes seeing our character is the only damn reason people were okay with it being first person.

You can see your character at any point in the pause menu and in mirrors etc.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...udio-explains-how-gender-customisation-works/

"CD Projekt Red has placed a renewed focus on character customisation for Cyberpunk 2077 following feedback from the public, a spokesperson said in a recent interview."

Article posted yesterday.

Last edited:
Here we go again - the same thing happening on DOOM Eternal Reddit with yes-men trying to placate those unhappy with STYLE changes by saying you could change RGB values of the UI. As if this would somehow magically bring back the old design.
Removing context from a post and utilizing several argument fallacies is quite disingenuous at best.

You quoted a statement discussing color value changes in a direct response to a user whose specific point of contention (through their own admission) was the color of the UI.

Nice try though.

The whole UI overhaul is dumbfounding to me - why fix something that ain’t broke? The biggest issue that people wanted fixed was weak gunplay and yet it’s still weak and uninspiring one year later but CDPR goes and spends time and resources on something that didn’t need changing.

I’m starting to believe those Glassdoor reviews from ex-employees about poor leadership in the company and the studio spending more time on demos rather than actual mechanics.

100% THIS. Nothing important got fixed, what was good got deleted...

100% THIS. Nothing important got fixed, what was good got deleted...

Indeed. It’s like they don’t have a clear understanding what sort of game they are making. Why gather user feedback at all when they change something that didn’t draw negative comments. The only thing about UI I heard was a request for an option to change color of the text by some people not redesign the whole user interface.

Removing context from a post and utilizing several argument fallacies is quite disingenuous at best.

You quoted a statement discussing color value changes in a direct response to a user whose specific point of contention (through their own admission) was the color of the UI.

Nice try though.

If the context of the original post is irrelevant to the point I’m making why bog down the the discussion with it.
Also show me the fallacies in my post.

Quite ironic hearing something about being disingenuous from someone who instead of posting counter arguments resorts to deflecting and being condescending.

Personally, I don't care about visual customization for anything we can't see in the game. Since we now know that almost nothing will be outside of first person, how my character looks is irrelevant to me. I'm hoping that they use the extra time / resources to improve things that we can see. Although I have no idea whether they will.

Regarding comments that character customization (or lack thereof) is part of a bigger theme suggesting that the game might be delayed, I'd be shocked. But many of you have better inside information than I do though (which isn't saying much, because I have zero).

Sigh.

I see a lot of edited and deleted rude posts. This thread doesn't seem to be doing much constructive any more, other than attracting moderation.

Locked. May reopen later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom