Customize Campaign/ Novel-based campaign?

+
Customize Campaign/ Novel-based campaign?

First, I would love to see CDPR creature campaigns based on novel. The stories in novel is good yet so few actually read them.

Sceond, as a further expansion thing, wouldn't it be great to make GOG have something like steam workshop (support for directly download mods)? And give us some tools to develop SP campaign and share it in the community, and CDPR can offer to include those campaigns in the original game, give it some balance, voice lines etc

I do like idea if players could be able to build AI controlled "opponent" with whole deck and card combos to play against. Making custom campaign would be hard and complex task, but making custom cards used only offline might work and I'd be glad to do some creative work here.

Did CDPR ever release Redkit 3? If they didn't want to release it for what is probably their biggest, most famous game, it seems doubtful they'll do it for Gwent. Especially as unlike Witcher 3 they have multiplayer to consider.

Karajorma;n9535891 said:
Did CDPR ever release Redkit 3? If they didn't want to release it for what is probably their biggest, most famous game, it seems doubtful they'll do it for Gwent. Especially as unlike Witcher 3 they have multiplayer to consider.

I believe gwent is using unity?

Yeah, but what I meant is that they didn't release their modding tools for Witcher 3 beyond the rather simple modkit. So it seems unlikely they'll do it for Gwent. Especially if there is any possibility that you can use the modding tools to cheat at multiplayer.

Whereas The Witcher was a single player story, and mods didn't impact other player's gameplay, Gwent is a multiplayer focused game, and having the possibility of a breach of security due to mods, might not be the best thing ever, specially considering that mods might not change the gameplay of Gwent that much.

Karajorma;n9540501 said:
Yeah, but what I meant is that they didn't release their modding tools for Witcher 3 beyond the rather simple modkit. So it seems unlikely they'll do it for Gwent. Especially if there is any possibility that you can use the modding tools to cheat at multiplayer.

Lion_Br;n9543341 said:
Whereas The Witcher was a single player story, and mods didn't impact other player's gameplay, Gwent is a multiplayer focused game, and having the possibility of a breach of security due to mods, might not be the best thing ever, specially considering that mods might not change the gameplay of Gwent that much.

I don't see how it can affect the multiplayer...I mean there are many games that have both SP and MP, and they can allow modders to make mods for the game but for SP only, and completely lock the MP area.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I would love to see CDPR do more campaigns based on the events of the novels, specially if from the point of view of secondary but interesting characters like Queen Meve.

There are also some of the short stories that are brilliant and would be a great fit for a campaign.

Lyserus;n9544381 said:
I don't see how it can affect the multiplayer...I mean there are many games that have both SP and MP, and they can allow modders to make mods for the game but for SP only, and completely lock the MP area.

Those games were usually designed with the possibility of modding in mind. If a game wasn't designed that way, you're screwed. I'm not saying modding won't be allowed, just that the fact that Gwent is a multiplayer game is another reason why it might not be something allowed officially.

DRK3;n9555561 said:
I would love to see CDPR do more campaigns based on the events of the novels, specially if from the point of view of secondary but interesting characters like Queen Meve.
If Thronebreaker proves successful, the REDs have indicated that they will pursue additional campaigns.

Top Bottom