Customizing UI without mods

+
Not sure if this is the proper place for a modding question, so moderators feel free to move this if necessary. Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible to adjust size and spacing of UI elements ( health bar, toxicity, mini-map etc ) by tweaking the ini. or other such file. The reason I'm asking is any UI mods I try to install prevent the game from launching. Yes, I could use mod merger but I have no effing idea how that works. Tried it once and it was a disaster. So any advice on this front would be appreciated.

It's not possible to do anything that's not available through the in-game options without a mod. (That's basically what a "mod" is -- extra / different options or functionality.)

Is it possible to create a mod that simply re-sizes various HUD elements, it should be. Most of the individual parts of the HUD are 2D elements. Scaling them shouldn't be too hard, but it may take some busywork. Not my area of expertise, but most HUDs and UIs are simply assets that are assigned X,Y coordinates. If you can locate the correct config file, editing those values should be all it takes to relocate them to a different part of the screen. (Just ensure you back up any files you want to edit first.)

Top Bottom