Cut-rate cyberwear?

+
Cut-rate cyberwear?

Right-o: I thought I remember reading a blurb somewhere in the core rulebook about Soviet / cut-rate cyberwear. About it being a percentage cheaper than retail list, but a higher chance of failure.

Anyone happen to know where I can find that, or did I imagine reading that?

I love that stuff. There is so much focus on the cyber, and so little on the PUNK!

http://www.ambient.ca/cpunk/cheapass.html

It's an area you can be creative at as well. Ripperdocs don't give warranties. Who could they know that the chinese rippers gave an allergic reaction? And some times badly ripped boostware could give the patient hyperactivity, insomnia, paranoia or an occasionally whiplash now and then.

Last edited:
The other problem with cut-rate is generally a MUCH higher humanity loss.

I always remember something I was told when I was in the service:
The Soviets can design and build one of anything and it's a marvel to behold.
But they can't mass produce decent toilet paper.

Anyone happen to know where I can find that, or did I imagine reading that?

Solo of Fortune, 1 and 2. Also in one of the Chromebooks, iirc. Mine are packed in a box right now, or I could tell you.

SovWear cyberlimbs have, again iirc, an improved crush damage by a die or two, better SDP (40 to destroy?) and a chance of failure. 10%? Rated Unreliable anyway.

DEFECTIVE cyberware can be fun too just look as the auto industry, imagine cyberlims built with defective materials or simply bad designs or substandard materials. also chrome 3 has the cyberware maintenance table. that's fun to use too when the PCs are playing rough with there cyberbits.

Solo of Fortune, 1 and 2. Also in one of the Chromebooks, iirc. Mine are packed in a box right now, or I could tell you..

Soviet cyberware resales /Chrome 3, my books are not here but i'am pretty sure of that : only two options cyberoptics, that's second rate !

Imagine a future where everybody can print in own cyberware by inferior nanofactories with flawed/bugged pirated blueprint design, kinda six millions roupies man, the indian slum homemade cyborg ganger. he try to shot your solo with his cyberweapon and kill itself when the stuff blown up, that's defective enough i think. Nothing likes old fashioned german cyberware, no ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom