Cutscene Issue

+
Cutscene Issue

So I just recently downloaded The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut off of Steam and I'm having some issues with the cutscenes. Anytime the game goes to a cutscene the video freezes but everything continues on (audio and controls work because I hear the voices, see the subtitles change, can advance through conversations via the mouse, and skip it all together with ESC). I've tried changing the settings from High to Medium and changing the resolution but my efforts were useless. I just feel like I'm missing a lot of the story by not being able to watch the cutscenes.Has anyone else had this issues and been able to fix it? Here's my comps specs:CPU: Athlon II X4 640GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430RAM: 6GB DDR3Windows 7 Professional 64-BitEDIT: Just tried to d/l the 1.5 patch (wasn't sure if I needed it) and it didn't change anything.

I just got the computer yesterday and have been doing updates on it constantly. I figure that they are up to date but I will double check.

All my drivers, DX 11, and MS C++ are all installed and up to date but I'm still having the issue...I'm playing through the Steam Launcher and I check the integrity of the files and they're good as well...Really annoyed with this problem right now.

Do you know how to verify game files using a MD5 verifier ? Cutscene issues sounds like a problem with bink32w.dllbink32w.dll 9eafee14c40362e24f3ed4a2d680bd99mss32.dll c7b3f6a1ed1e28ccc10ec06851ffbd03Also if you`re running the game with steam overlay enabled try disabling it .

I decided to play around with the graphics and its something to do with the settings. I put it to low and just messed around with the settings little by little and got it to work. It has something to do with the "Medium" or "High" settings but I haven't pin pointed it yet...

Well the GT430 although DX11 compatible is not a card with a lot of horsepower so it would probably do with low/medium settings some other settings you may try from the in game advanced tabsAF to about 4AA is disabledall other settings either low or mediumDepth of Field uncheckedsmall animals number set to fewYou might also try a lower resolution to get better framerate

I actually haven't had much of an issue with framerate and things like that. The only thing that was holding me back from playing was the cutscene issue so I'm gonna push the settings a little bit more each session and see if I can figure out what went wrong.

What i meant by framerate was that it might not work the card so hard that the cutscenes would play with no issues

Top Bottom