Cutscenes causing blurred graphics (DO NOT MERGE)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
afecelis said:
before a cut scene, after unchecking "autosave" (graphics looking nice)
after a cutscene:
Thanks dude for testing this, I've tested myself it looks like you still have to uncheck the autosave everytime after cutscene......not an ideal solution......

It's a shame! :( I thought you guys had found a workaround to fix it! heheheh ;) (though it works, but temporarily)I wonder what else may be causing the blurry graphics. I've unchecked DOF as well. I wish the setting would remain and not get broken with every cutscene.I'm crossing my fingers for a 1.5 patch that fixes all these minor issues ;)regards,Alvaro

Marar said:
I think the reason why it was overlooked is that at high resolutions (1600 upwards) it may not be so blurry
It's probably a combination of that and the bug being introduced very late in the release lifecycle, if not only in the final build. This release slipped and the testers were probably already seeing blurry screens just from working too many hours ;).

I thought I was the only one who was having this exact same issue. I don't remember my original (Euro edition) install having blurriness.

JohnTheFisherman said:
I just noticed something, when i leave a cutscene (talking to someone in the first tavern) the screen looks fine for a fraction of a second afterwards, then the blurring kicks in. Is this the same for everyone else or is the screen blurry immediately after a cutscene?
Same deal here. It's razor sharp until after the cutscene ends, then I get about a fraction of a second of complete sharpness in the game before the blur kicks in.Also tried enabling Depth of Field, and disabling it, like everyone else. Also tried removing AA and all that other stuff. No matter what, the issue keeps happening.If it helps the devs,I'm running Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) on:AMD 5000+ Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz (stable)MSI Nvidia 8800GT OC 512 MB RAM (factory settings) using the most recent drivers from nvidia (which work perfectly, without blur, pre EE-patch)On a 26 inch widescreen monitor running natively at 1366x768 and 60Hz (using HDMI cable, it shouldn't be blurry)2 Gigs of GSkill RAM (Low latency, CAS4, Dual Channel 800Mhz DIMMs @ factory settings)and a pagefile on a secondary hard drive, bigger than I'll ever needThis is my one of my favorite games. I just hope things get ironed out.

rocsen said:
rocsen said:
rocsen said:
Just remember to set lighting to medium, then save and load. Graphics will then become only slightly blurred after a dialogue. But not as much as just changing from high to medium. I've noticed once the graphics are heavely blurred, playing with settings just makes it worse.
I didnt really get it. So you set ligthing at medium and not at minimum? To me at medium is just as blurry as at high settings. I can only see a real improvement at minimum level.
To medium yes. But then do a save and load(even after dialogue it will still be better than high). If you just swap from high to medium it won't make a diffr.Well it's a slight improvement for me at least, but I'm running 1280x1024
Now I see what you mean...will try it out...cheers!

I havent read through all this tread, but Im just playing catchup here.It sounds to me like the old cats'eye potion bug to me. Anyone got any screenies of the problem? I can confirm this theory then.

LordLethris said:
I havent read through all this tread, but Im just playing catchup here.It sounds to me like the old cats'eye potion bug to me. Anyone got any screenies of the problem? I can confirm this theory then.
There are plenty of screen shots of the issue in this thread...just have a look around.

Ok, from the pictures I've seen. This looks like a dynamic AA or HDR issue.In the Ati CCC you can switch off dynamic/inteligent graphics thingy. And switch AA and texture stuff to "application Preference"Not sure where it is in nVidia.Give that a go (unless someone has already said it before)Try turning of the DOF option too in the games graphics menu (its nice eyecandy, but not really noticable when you consentrating on forground charicters anyway)Im guessing on past experence that It is the graphics card looking at the cutscenes graphics and trying to dynamicly improve the performance by upping and downing the quality of the textures... but it sticks as you go straight into gameplay because there is no load inbetween to refreash the textures.The devs could patch it to refresh the textures between cut scenes or your GPU devs could patch there drivers to recognize cut scenes.From what I read, the devs are working on the issue anyway, so im sure a TWEEk patch will come out.... ( see what I did there ;) )

No go lord_letris. I always have my intelligent thing turned off, and always have all other settings App controlled, by default but when encountering this issues tried the opposit to no effect... :(

oh well. it was just a thought.can I clarify its defonatly after a cut scene? And has anyone tried with DOF off?Im asking because I dont have this problem. And Im trying to visulize it.

Do you have lighting on high? I don't notice it on medium myself if I wasn't looking for it. Yes I have DOF off always have that feature off because I feel it adds little graphically but hits performance. I also tried it on just to see. The issue happens AFTER a cutscenne OR ANY dialog.

still smells like a texture/performance issue.Its sounds almost like the GPU isn't letting go of the cutscene graphics setup.I guess we'll have to see that the devs have to say.Has anyone tried in a different resolution other than native 1024x768? I run mine at 1680x1050 and I dont seem to have this issue.OS related? Im running XP Pro SP3

Just a little summary for the newcomers: a) At this point, everyone tried everything with the settings (AA, AF, driver stuff, In-Game-settings …)b) The only somewhat working solution so far is setting lighting to "low"c) It becomes less obvious on higher resolutionsd) It happens after any initial cutscene/dialogue regardless of DOF etc.e) There is no discernible pattern regarding hardware, OS and driver combinationsf) Projekt RED received enough information from us, it's really just a matter of patience now

I think it is more like a program bug that forgets to turn off the altered DOF, or whatever else they have turning on there, after cutscene/dialog. I don't run it at 1024 x 768 and If you read the prior posts you'd of seen that some have posted they run it at max and still have the issue. I think it happens for everyone whether they notice it or not ;) To what extent the blur occurs might depend on card, because even on high it isn't bad enough for me not to play/get dizzy/whatever else people have mentioned here. It is annoying but not too annoying on my machine yet... I say it is more like taking a pic in paint shop pro and doing soften more on it a couple times. It is noticable but if you can overlook the lack of sharpness it is livable and if you never saw original image you wouldn't of complained (for me that is, like I said it might be varying in degrees for others. Plus I never cared that much about graphics...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom