Cutscenes causing blurred graphics (DO NOT MERGE)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
realbadfred said:
Hier die gaaaaaaaaanz einfache Frage (und auch ganz langsam zum mitschreiben):Kommt der Patch jetzt und wenn ja, wann ungefähr? Kann doch nicht so schwierig sein....
I am going to answer in both German and English:eek: [ger] Die Info bzgl. eines Patches stammt von einem Moderator. Im Moment gehen alle hier davon aus, dass er keinen Mist erzählt hat. Wann er veröffentlich wird, steht auf einem ganz anderen Blatt. Ich persönlich rechne in den nächsten Wochen nicht damit. Jemand hat ein wenig an der entsprechenden LUA-Datei herumgebastelt, aber das Ergebnis war nicht optimal. Der "Blur" war zwar weg, dafür aber auch einige Vollbildeffekte, z. B. der Tränke.o [eng] The rumor regarding a forthcoming patch was started by a moderator. We expect in sometime soon, however it seems like they hold it back for some reason. Someone tried his luck with the relevant LUA-script before, with a mixed result. The blur went away, but took some full screen effects along with it.

It is extremely annoying.Now that one of the users have identified the exact file which causes the problem, it's only a matter of looking thorough a single uncompiled script and comparing it with an earlier version to see what's wrong.Even fixing and releasing just this one single file would help hundreds (maybe thousands?) of people who have been eagerly awaiting for "the perfect patch" (which turned out to be just another marketing bulls**t) and are now unable to play.

Ok,so i hope that some irritating problems (most of them with Ati cards) will be fixed with the new patch like:- Annoying TEARING! (I can't force V-Sync by Catalyst Control Center!)- Misterious BLACK HORIZONTAL LINES that appears on evening/night time.- Cut-scenes BLURRINESS that creates big pixellated characters.- BLURRIED screen and background after cut-scenes.- Can't check EAX mode in sound options.Did i miss some other popular bugs?

M0rtanius said:
Ok,so i hope that some irritating problems (most of them with Ati cards) will be fixed with the new patch like:
- Annoying TEARING! (I can't force V-Sync by Catalyst Control Center!)use D3Doverride from RivaTuner- Misterious BLACK HORIZONTAL LINES that appears on evening/night time.detail please? pics- Cut-scenes BLURRINESS that creates big pixellated characters.forcing 16x Anisotropic in the Control Panel, and setting 4x or 16x Anisotropic in the game did not fix this?- BLURRIED screen and background after cut-scenes.it's worked on- Can't check EAX mode in sound options.there is a workaround, but it was removed from the main FAQ while waiting for the patch
M0rtanius said:
I gave up on waiting for a patch. I have better quality games to play now that dont contain unplayable bugs in them- Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Dead Space.
if you did not have them it does not mean they not exist :evil: ( or even on consoles )

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
- Misterious BLACK HORIZONTAL LINES that appears on evening/night time.detail please? pics
This is also caused by the blur bug. I tested it personally. So once the patch for the blur is released it will fix this issue as well.

LicaonKter said:
use D3Doverride from RivaTuner
I've fixed tearing as you said! Thank you!
LicaonKter said:
forcing 16x Anisotropic in the Control Panel, and setting 4x or 16x Anisotropic in the game did not fix this?
No! The Catalyst Control Panel seems to be useless both for AA and Anisotropic filter!I can set them only in game! Why?! Can i do this with RivaTuner?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Ok,so i hope that some irritating problems (most of them with Ati cards) will be fixed with the new patch like:
- Annoying TEARING! (I can't force V-Sync by Catalyst Control Center!)use D3Doverride from RivaTuner- Misterious BLACK HORIZONTAL LINES that appears on evening/night time.detail please? pics- Cut-scenes BLURRINESS that creates big pixellated characters.forcing 16x Anisotropic in the Control Panel, and setting 4x or 16x Anisotropic in the game did not fix this?- BLURRIED screen and background after cut-scenes.it's worked on- Can't check EAX mode in sound options.there is a workaround, but it was removed from the main FAQ while waiting for the patch
LicaonKter said:
I gave up on waiting for a patch. I have better quality games to play now that dont contain unplayable bugs in them- Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Dead Space.
if you did not have them it does not mean they not exist :evil: ( or even on consoles )
Are u serious? it has been said dozens of times that changing AA and AF in the control panel fixes NOTHING. It is a bug thats needs a patch,

lepermessiah said:
lepermessiah said:
- Cut-scenes BLURRINESS that creates big pixellated characters.forcing 16x Anisotropic in the Control Panel, and setting 4x or 16x Anisotropic in the game did not fix this?- BLURRIED screen and background after cut-scenes.it's worked on
Are u serious? it has been said dozens of times that changing AA and AF in the control panel fixes NOTHING. It is a bug thats needs a patch,
read again :)

M0rtanius said:
M0rtanius said:
use D3Doverride from RivaTuner
I've fixed tearing as you said! Thank you!
M0rtanius said:
forcing 16x Anisotropic in the Control Panel, and setting 4x or 16x Anisotropic in the game did not fix this?
No! The Catalyst Control Panel seems to be useless both for AA and Anisotropic filter!I can set them only in game! Why?! Can i do this with RivaTuner?
Which .exe file are you overriding? I don't know how it works with RivaTuner but I know that Witcher has 2 .exe files, Launcher and Witcher. You have to set the forced AF onto Witcher.exe, Launcher.exe didn't work for me. Witcher.exe is in the system folder in the Witcher main directory. Also on my nvidia control panel I also had to make a short cut to Witcher.exe on the desktop and then use that to make a graphics profile for it, I couldn't make a profile from the origonal .exe for some reason.Good to hear the problem is being worked on though, I can't wait to get into the game.

Flanker15 said:
Which .exe file are you overriding? I don't know how it works with RivaTuner but I know that Witcher has 2 .exe files, Launcher and Witcher. You have to set the forced AF onto Witcher.exe, Launcher.exe didn't work for me. Witcher.exe is in the system folder in the Witcher main directory. Also on my nvidia control panel I also had to make a short cut to Witcher.exe on the desktop and then use that to make a graphics profile for it, I couldn't make a profile from the origonal .exe for some reason.Good to hear the problem is being worked on though, I can't wait to get into the game.
for profile management better use nHancer

lepermessiah said:
I'm sorry i haven't heard that before...and i am asking myself why lot of people are still saying "force aa and anisotropic filter in catalyst control panel!"Now i know, it's a bug that accours only with Ati cards.I've fixed only the tearing problem so i'll wait for the outcoming patch cause this game has lot of problems with graphics...

M0rtanius said:
M0rtanius said:
I'm sorry i haven't heard that before...and i am asking myself why lot of people are still saying "force aa and anisotropic filter in catalyst control panel!"Now i know, it's a bug that accours only with Ati cards.I've fixed only the tearing problem so i'll wait for the outcoming patch cause this game has lot of problems with graphics...
I have GeForce 8800GT and I also have the problem with blurred graphics.

As far as I am aware.....forcing AF or AA in any GFX control panel, ATI or Nvidia.....WILL NOT fix blurred scenes after dialogues. It WILL however fix pixellated faces during those dialogue scenes.At least, that's how it works for me. As for scene blurriness, either lower lighting to lowest setting nd hope for the best or wait for a patch and hope for the best.

This is a very strange "BEAST" indeed. While some continue to look for the Elephant with a microscope , matching the control panel - program settings of AF and AA to the game advanced settings of AF and AA (16x , 2x) all but cured my blurr during and after cutscenes? Thank goodness , I must be one of the lucky ones like Lord_Lethris

MasterTonberry said:
As far as I am aware.....forcing AF or AA in any GFX control panel, ATI or Nvidia.....WILL NOT fix blurred scenes after dialogues. It WILL however fix pixellated faces during those dialogue scenes.At least, that's how it works for me. As for scene blurriness, either lower lighting to lowest setting nd hope for the best or wait for a patch and hope for the best.
For me it works with some differences...Forcing AA with Catalyst Control Center disables AA in game or doesen't work at all....Also AF is useless in that control panel and the pixellated faces bug cannot be fixed in my case....I have an Ati 4870 X2....

CBear said:
I have some News from Eriash:I told him our problem and that's the answer:
CBear: At present we do not plan to release another patch, however there is still possibility to release one in the future.
That's not the statement that he told us here in the thread. Not really funny!The complete Statement can read here => http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=394237&page=4
Surprised? Looks like they got all the money they needed off us from buying the game, and now its time to abandon it. Shows how much they care about their fans...

if you guys don't have any new tricks to try and tell us here please don't postthe Offtopic area glady awaits any rant10q

CBear said:
CBear: At present we do not plan to release another patch, however there is still possibility to release one in the future.
That's not the statement that he told us here in the thread. Not really funny!The complete Statement can read here => http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=394237&page=4
Oh, wow. I guess I'll never finish the Witcher then. One thing's for sure: CDProjekt just lost a portion of their fan base and at least I'm not going to buy any games from them ever anymore. Thanks a lot douchebags.

CBear said:
CBear said:
Lack of an official statement from CDPR pretty much guarantees that they are NOT working on it, or it is not a priority, or they are clueless about their own codebase and they are hesitant to commit to anything. Either way, don't expect this problem to be fixed any time soon. Just like the EAX problem and the myriad of other problems "on the table" right now. It's been close to a month since EE was released. Far too long to let these issues go without follow-up or official statement from CDPR.I have given up waiting for CDPR to get their act together. I consider this game now a waste of space on my hard drive, and I now feel I gave $40.00 to the "save CDPR" charity foundation.
Looks like I pretty much called it a month ago. I was right, unfortunately. A big, fat facepalm to you, CDPR. You will never get another dime out of me in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom