Cutscenes causing blurred graphics (DO NOT MERGE)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the truth CDPR deserves a big "YOU SUCK".And in this case count me in for uninstalling.Can't possibly believe they've screwed up a functioning game.This is all so very sad. :'(

Wait, seriously? Now I feel like an idiot for recommending the game so often.I like the game a lot but I've got tons of other stuff that doesn't give me a headache when I play for more than 30 minutes.Judging from the love that obviously went into creating a free update like the EE, I wouldn't expect CD Projekt to just ignore such a widespread bug, even if it isn't gamebreaking. Please reconsider.

I guess it's time to go back to try to find a user-fix for this. One of the script files must be the culprit and replacing it with 1.3 file should fix it. We just have to find the correct file.

Hi All, I'm brand new to the game and am really enjoying it.I started playing and all was fine until i decided to up the graphics. My first thought was that the Default settings with 2xaa, 8xaa in game settings is far better than this blurry high setting concept, so, i hit the Default settings button and left AA@2x and AF@8x, and continued playing the game and have been fine since.Today i decided to hit the forums for the first time and for no other reason than to just browse around. Eventually I notice a thread that sounds like the problem i had the other day, start going page for page wheni realize it's 37 pages. OUCH! OK i take it that it's not solved.Anyway do what i did until they come out with a fix, i hope it works for you as well.8800gt latest WHQL drivers, all settings decided by game.

A few posts ago Licaon_Kter mentioned that the patch "is worked n", now I read that there will be no patch... is it for real? Please tell me it isn't true. Maybe instead of a "patch" they sould release just a small "fix"...?

"vanworden: I can reveal that quite soon we’ll post special Patch solving couple problems – such as EAX and scenes blurriness "Maybe is intended like a special fix...not a patch at all (like 1.5 or whatever)...Anyway this game needs a cure...

[quote author=M0rtanius]Anyway this game needs a cure...[/QUOTE]Badly.BTW, I've already uninstalled. Thx CDPR. What am I still doing here? Hoping.

Cammon guys...just FORGET about the Wicher (at least for a few months)...now we have a REAL pearl such as FALLOUT 3 awating us and its a kick-ass game!!!!

I just hope this thread doesn't descend to the ninth circle of flamewar hell...Come on guys, we're all disapointed, but there are other threads dedicatet to ranting.Let's just keep this thread clean :)

Well, I have made some progress. The answer is not in the script folder but rather script.bif and fx00.bif. I used bifrip to unpack both of these and the next step is to install retail witcher 1.3 and extract the same files from it. Then I'll try to find the proper file responsible for blurring. There are some VERY promising files that I think control the blurring such as CameraEffects.2da, defaultshaders.2da, dialogsettings.2da as well as all the actual effect files.

Syvere said:
Well, I have made some progress. The answer is not in the script folder but rather script.bif and fx00.bif. I used bifrip to unpack both of these and the next step is to install retail witcher 1.3 and extract the same files from it. Then I'll try to find the proper file responsible for blurring. There are some VERY promising files that I think control the blurring such as CameraEffects.2da, defaultshaders.2da, dialogsettings.2da as well as all the actual effect files.
Well, that sounds promising... I will anxiously await to hear about the progress. Good luck!

Pathetic, I lost a lot of respect for CDproject here, un-installing the game. Gonna play Fallout 3. This is a major issue, yet they won't do anything about it, sad.

Wow, awesome. Does it work with the Steam release?edit: Just installed it. The Steam release launched and I was able to select EAX sound without a crash. The blur's gone too. AWESOME, I CAN FINALLY PLAY.

Seems to be working absolutely perfectly!Oh sweet jesus thank you CDPR, this years best christmas present...well almost :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom