Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
I personally hope for a lot of ambient tracks a la Mirror's Edge. It'd be amazing if they got Solar Fields to make the OST for this, but I'm not holding out to such a utopian hope.

Then again, this is the perfect opportunity to pull a Grand Theft Auto and have a variety of radio stations that you can listen to in vehicles and on foot. I'm still surprised GTA missed that opportunity in 5— it was less noticeable in 4 since that was pretty much a GTA 3 generation game in HD, but 5 was a whole new ordeal set in the 2010s at that. Having mp3 players is a perfect excuse to play music on foot.

CP'77 has less than no excuse because you should be able to get that good stuff implanted directly into your auditory nerves and controlled via cyberkinesis.
It feels almost cliche, but I know that there's going to be synthpop, synthrock, vaporwave, retrowave, and EDM. Hopefully there'll also be some drum & bass and hip-hop. It's also possible there'll be industrial music, which includes industrial metal. If they go the radio route, there'd definitely have to be non-electronic genres included. Like alternative rock, old-school rap, and whatnot.
As long as a little lo-fi hip-hop, dreamy electronica, and at least ONE Kraftwerk track gets included, I'll be alright. But if CDPR wanted to really impress me, they'd drop at least one old-school stoner/doom metal track.
Twilight killers, bloodstained teeth...!
Because I just can't let the riff die.

Last edited:
Hey, first time posting on the cyberpunk forums. Big cyberpunk fan. Made a cinematic cyberpunk track about a year ago and I've been looking for a place to share it with other cyberpunk fans and finally stumbled upon this thread, so thought I would share it here. Mostly inspired by Blade Runner and 80's sci-fi music in general, aswell as the Deus Ex: HR soundtrack. Wanted to keep that retro feel while at the same time having a slighty more modern cinematic feel to it aswell. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

https://soundcloud.com/christianarsene%2Fcyberpunk-city

Nice one, I like it! I love when composers take that extra step and make the track longer. Anything after the 5 min mark gets my respect in appreciation of the work that has been put into it. Regarding the composition, I liked most of the track, there was a point somewhere after the middle part that I felt it was dragging longer than it should but apart from that, pretty good!

Feel free to post more if you want. I am having some trouble editing the OP, once I get it sorted out I ll add your track to the list.

Peace

_"CYBERPUNK MUSIC THEMES"

-Busy P - Raibow Man

-Daft Punk - Derezzed, Around the World, Robot Rock

-skrillex - Breakn' a Sweat, Kyoto, Try it Out

-The Chemical Brothers - Do it Again, Big Jump

-Muse - Madness, Uprising, Follow Me, Map of the Problematique, Knights of Cydonia, Liquid State, Supermassive Black Hole (Instrumental)

-Dj Hyper - Spoiler

-The Presets - Steamworks

-Yelle - A Cause des Garçons (Riot in Belgium Remix)

-Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds, Terrible Lie

-Rammstein - Freuer Frei, Du Hast, Haifish

-Gorillaz - Let Me Out, Andromeda, Saturnz Barz, Momentz, Stylo

-Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body, Boom Boom Pow

-Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

-Nero - DoomsDay

-Knife Party - 'Boss Mode'

-Diplo - Revolution (feat. Faustix & Imanos and Kai)

-Imagine Dragons - Thunder

-Dillon Francis & DJ Snake - Get Low

-Aero Chord - Surface

-TroyBoi - Do You?

Top Bottom