Cybercop 2077: Police related side content - thoughts and discussions

+

Are you interested in such police related content?

• Total voters
Only if I'm able to go through an insanely fun detective/thriller of a line of quests that result in me exposing HUGE corruption in the police force and stop them/arrest them, while remaining completely free-lance and not locked out of any other kind of quest, just because I did some police stuff.

Ok, In my opinion, "V" is whatever the player wants them to be. Everyone has this perception that "V" has to be a total authority hating anarchist (Or to you "purists" out there who think cops are just a bunch of skull cracking thugs, a "Real Cyberpunk."). While cops are usually depicted as the "enforcement arm of the establishment" (Read: crooked and corrupt), how Cyberpunk would it be if we had "V" working to be the exception and not the rule...A Cyberpunk version of "Dirty Harry", if you will. I think that could be INCREDIBLY Cyberpunk if handled properly. Just a thought.

Ok, In my opinion, "V" is whatever the player wants them to be. Everyone has this perception that "V" has to be a total authority hating anarchist (Or to you "purists" out there who think cops are just a bunch of skull cracking thugs, a "Real Cyberpunk."). While cops are usually depicted as the "enforcement arm of the establishment" (Read: crooked and corrupt), how Cyberpunk would it be if we had "V" working to be the exception and not the rule...A Cyberpunk version of "Dirty Harry", if you will. I think that could be INCREDIBLY Cyberpunk if handled properly. Just a thought.
As an option, sure I wouldn't mind.. Forced on the player? No, I couldn't agree.
I hope it's some kind of option, it might be fun. But only if it doesn't lock me out of other quests or NPC's or items in any way.
Peace. :)

As an option, sure I wouldn't mind.. Forced on the player? No, I couldn't agree.
I hope it's some kind of option, it might be fun. But only if it doesn't lock me out of other quests or NPC's or items in any way.
Peace. :)

I disagree to some extend. (certain) In-game choices or paths you take should always lock you out of content, gear, companions, allies, etc.

That can include helping police or working closely with them for a prolonged time.

How else can you make certain faction memberships or choices in game unique if you are not locked out of content based on your choices, and in turn witness or enjoy content just for you based on your choices.

I'm not saying that can't be your preference, simply that this approach would make storytelling or a certain freedom and consequence of choice in games hard.

As for the specific idea here, since we already have to 'beg' for any straw I'd reckon it would be side content at best. Contrary to what I just said, I actually think you would indeed not be locked out for most things I imagine. But there should still be consequences, such as certain gangs not liking you, thus kinda locking you out based on your choices.

I just think the impact level of this would be way smaller than in games where you can pick a faction, bringing you at odds with other factions by default.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, In my opinion, "V" is whatever the player wants them to be. Everyone has this perception that "V" has to be a total authority hating anarchist

Well said. Everyone loves to tell me what my V is going to be ("V IS A CYBERPUNK OK?!?!?!?! GET OVER IT!") and... eeeehhhhhhhhh.... I'm sure some stuff will be pre-written and she/he will have some "fight the power" story, but presumably, my reasons for doing so will be my own.

I disagree to some extend. (certain) In-game choices or paths you take should always lock you out of content, gear, companions, allies, etc.

That can include helping police or working closely with them for a prolonged time.

How else can you make certain faction memberships or choices in game unique if you are not locked out of content based on your choices, and in turn witness or enjoy content just for you based on your choices.

I'm not saying that can't be your preference, simply that this approach would make storytelling or a certain freedom and consequence of choice in games hard.

As for the specific idea here, since we already have to 'beg' for any straw I'd reckon it would be side content at best. Contrary to what I just said, I actually think you would indeed not be locked out for most things I imagine. But there should still be consequences, such as certain gangs not liking you, thus kinda locking you out based on your choices.

I just think the impact level of this would be way smaller than in games where you can pick a faction, bringing you at odds with other factions by default.
Post automatically merged:
Well, I need not say much more because you already know my opinion on this, but if CDPR had to lock the player out of anything ( and I would be very disappointed, honestly just my opinion ) I would hope that they make it very clear to the player before the player makes a choice that will affect something or lock the player in or out of anything like items or quests. It was my biggest problem with The Witcher 3 because even if you made the smartest choices as Geralt, the NPC's would randomly decide to blacklist/lock Geralt and the player would miss tons of game content unless they started the entire game all over again (and often) it was extremely painful and a very slow process and happened constantly even if you saved all the time, since you could only have so many saves. I couldn't have 100 saves sitting there, and even if I could I would run out of storage space on my computer. In addition to that, it felt very bad to throw away hours and days of effort to start the entire game over just because something I did days ago means I'm suddenly locked out of something that I had no warning was coming. At that point I'm left screaming at my computer screen "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH JUST LET ME IN THIS QUEST LINE!!!!!" but the game does not care. :cry: it essentially ruined The Witcher 3 for me. :giveup:

Well, I need not say much more because you already know my opinion on this, but if CDPR had to lock the player out of anything ( and I would be very disappointed, honestly just my opinion ) I would hope that they make it very clear to the player before the player makes a choice that will affect something or lock the player in or out of anything like items or quests. It was my biggest problem with The Witcher 3 because even if you made the smartest choices as Geralt, the NPC's would randomly decide to blacklist/lock Geralt and the player would miss tons of game content unless they started the entire game all over again (and often) it was extremely painful and a very slow process and happened constantly even if you saved all the time, since you could only have so many saves. I couldn't have 100 saves sitting there, and even if I could I would run out of storage space on my computer. In addition to that, it felt very bad to throw away hours and days of effort to start the entire game over just because something I did days ago means I'm suddenly locked out of something that I had no warning was coming. At that point I'm left screaming at my computer screen "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH JUST LET ME IN THIS QUEST LINE!!!!!" but the game does not care. :cry: it essentially ruined The Witcher 3 for me. :giveup:
That's sad to hear, but this is standard fare in most RPGs. You make choices that have an impact.

It's actually one of the things the Witcher 3 was praised for -- the consequences of your decisions were not always immediately clear, just like real life.

So, I'm 100% the opposite here, and would not want choices to be clearly telegraphed all the time, nor would I want choices to not lock me out of certain content.

That said, I'm against consequences for the sake of consequences or "subverting" expectations for the sake of it. Let's say you give a beggar a few bucks, that doesn't necessarily need to come back and bite you in the butt just because "hah this game is srz bznz lol get over it noob"

That's sad to hear, but this is standard fare in most RPGs. You make choices that have an impact.
Yea and I like that, but I didn't feel like I ever had any chance to make any choice. I was always on my game and thinking very smart and very hard about every single dialogue option I chose, and I never felt like "this thing I'm saying or doing right now is a specific significant thing" every single dialogue option felt very (for the lack of better words, please forgive my honesty CDPR) bland, weak, stale, or just, the opposite of "coffee" like all the words between Geralt and NPC's were "tired and sleepy" and I felt never carried that "energy" that made me feel or notice "Oh this is very important, I better really try hard right now to make the choice that I think will be the smartest and have a good outcome" it was always like NPC: "hey.. words.. bla bla...." Geralt:"words words... bla... wordy words... ok...." and I didn't feel any impact, and my choices seemed to melt away like they didn't matter. Days and Days (real life) later, I would be playing and some horrible thing would happen like NPC: "I'm not your friend anymore I'm not talking to you ever again, you're locked out of a quest line forever now!" and I would scream "REALLY!!?!? I COMPLETED YOUR QUEST!" but just because they talked to me and I said something to them even after the quest was complete, even if the thing I said wasn't rude or bad, they randomly trap me and ruin my game. I was always shocked and filled with disappointment and anger every single time this happened. At a certain point I walked away from the game. I loved so many other things about it and gave it a good review, but I was very honest in that review as well. It was a terrible feeling to slowly watch myself care less and less about a game I knew I originally loved so much. It broke my heart and I loved it no longer.

It's actually one of the things the Witcher 3 was praised for -- the consequences of your decisions were not always immediately clear, just like real life.
The problem is not that they weren't immediately clear, it's that they were Never clear, before, during, after, a million years later... They came silently and never presented themselves, not even with a class or subtlety, and left just as silently and came back to bite me in the behind like a rabid wolf in the night in complete darkness leaving me screaming "WHO? WHAT? WHEN? WHERE!? WHY!!!!!!??? AND HOW???"

So, I'm 100% the opposite here, and would not want choices to be clearly telegraphed all the time, nor would I want choices to not lock me out of certain content.
But punishment for the sake of causing suffering unto the player. For what purpose? none of course?

That said, I'm against consequences for the sake of consequences. Let's say you give a beggar a few bucks, that doesn't necessarily need to come back and bite you in the butt.
In this I agree, but as I said, everything bit me in the butt in The Witcher 3. I want CyberPunk2077 to raise itself beyond those false and brutal limitations and give me real video game freedom. :shrug:

Just be careful: in C2077, dialogues will be timed.
The Witcher 3 had this in certain dialogue choices too. I abhor timers in video games. timers are the most fun-ruining fun-destroying, enjoyment-flattening, stressful AND boring part of any video game I have ever played. Timers are never exciting for me, and they never make me feel cool or fast or smart. Timers just make me suffer :(
It does not in any way break my immersion if the game pauses around a dialogue choice I'm making. I understand that I'm playing a video game. If a game wanted to go for total 100% realism, there would be no dialogue choices/text options hovering in front of my characters face :ROFLMAO:. I would much rather that the game just wait for me to choose whatever dialogue choice I would like and then resume the game after I select my choice, even if it's in the middle of a tense action scene. I rather that the game would pause during dialog selection, or that the music keep playing while I think of my options. I hope it's optional for each player. Just as a setting. Please CDPR!

Last edited:
I think, just like TW3, you will have timed dialogue a handful of times. Otherwise, I don't think it will be any different.

I think the scenes will make you feel like you need to act fast, but most of the time, there won't be any pressing need to do so, like Fallout 4.

I think, just like TW3, you will have timed dialogue a handful of times. Otherwise, I don't think it will be any different.

I think the scenes will make you feel like you need to act fast, but most of the time, there won't be any pressing need to do so, like Fallout 4.
Please read my new post I made before yours (I think you missed it, sorry :( )

Please read my new post I made before yours (I think you missed it, sorry :( )
I saw it. I was responding to both of you.

I understand you don't like it, which is why I'm telling you I don't think you need to worry that much, because despite what Kakita said (without any proof, but I think he's just being Kakita), I doubt most of the dialogues will be timed.

Maybe a few here and there, and I understand if that bothers you, but I doubt it'll be the majority. Just my opinion.

(edited)I don't think you need to worry that much, because I doubt most of the dialogues will be timed Maybe a few here and there, and I understand if that bothers you, but I doubt it'll be the majority. Just my opinion.
It's exactly the ones that are timed that I'm worried about. Any at all is too many. :(

Once again, back on topic.
Sorry, mama muff. :(

Well, as we've all already determined, there will probably not be a police faction to join, but... CDPR has said each district is kinda "policed" by its own force, whether it be a major gang, a corporate cop force, etc.

So, I think there's a very good chance one of these districts will be patrolled by NCPD as the "faction" of that area. Wouldn't be surprised if you can work with them from time to time (or work against them).

It's exactly the ones that are timed that I'm worried about. Any at all is too many. :(

I understand, but I respect both sides of the debate, really. On one hand, in an RPG, you're supposed to be playing a character -- so, if your character can think fast, it would be unfortunate if the player gets screwed because the game is forcing player abilities to matter more. But this is also an action RPG, not a PnP or turn-based or CRPG, so there are reasons that wouldn't work as well.

I don't mind timed dialogue, and actually can enjoy it where appropriate. So while I understand you, I'm afraid I'll have to agree to disagree. But anyway, if you want to continue the discussion, as Muff said, this isn't really the right place for it. Perhaps start your own thread? I don't think anyone has done that yet.

Once again, back on topic.
:oops:aaah I don't know how that keeps on happening! Sorry! I guess when everyone is talking about Cyberpunk2077, it's very easy for closely related subjects to cross over. It's very very difficult to remember the main topic of the thread I'm in because I'm always just replying to what everyone else is saying, not that I'm blaming anyone. I'm just saying it's very good conversation and we all kind of "Drift" I guess. Sorry Draconifors! :(

Top Bottom