Cybercop 2077: Police related side content - thoughts and discussions

+

Are you interested in such police related content?

• Total voters
No. I don't want to join the NCPD, if the other gangs have no function either. It was already bad you are forced to help Regina. Yes, you can ignore missions. But you can't tell her to fuck off. Either a proper faction system is made, or I don't want anything. Because this half ass that CDPR did is a disapointment. I don't want more half ass systems. NCPD don't deserve special treatment. All or none. Can you name any mission where we directly attack and kill the cops for the other fixers. Because I can't recall anything. So while we murder gangs. And for some reason fixers don't terminate our contracts for these actions. The NCPD are just ignored.

I want a realistic world. Which means joining gangs/NCPD, and fixers being rotated out. Because you choose to do bad things against them. Simple change. If snuff NCPD. The NCPD missions are changed into bounty missions. You kill all targets. Including the Psychos. Since finishing the Psycho missions are basically worthless in the game. Having you kill them for credits doesn't affect the game much.

Last edited:
No. I don't want to join the NCPD, if the other gangs have no function either. It was already bad you are forced to help Regina. Yes, you can ignore missions. But you can't tell her to fuck off. Either a proper faction system is made, or I don't want anything. Because this half ass that CDPR did is a disapointment. I don't want more half ass systems. NCPD don't deserve special treatment. All or none. Can you name any mission where we directly attack and kill the cops for the other fixers. Because I can't recall anything. So while we murder gangs. And for some reason fixers don't terminate our contracts for these actions. The NCPD are just ignored.

I want a realistic world. Which means joining gangs/NCPD, and fixers being rotated out. Because you choose to do bad things against them. Simple change. If snuff NCPD. The NCPD missions are changed into bounty missions. You kill all targets. Including the Psychos. Since finishing the Psycho missions are basically worthless in the game. Having you kill them for credits doesn't affect the game much.

I think the premise of these is more lore-focused. (As in, you don't get "stuff", you get insight into the lore and world-building.) And as someone that didn't know much about the Cyberpunk 2020 world before the game was announced, I really appreciated these missions.

Can you name any mission where we directly attack and kill the cops for the other fixers.

Dunno, maybe it's bad for fixer business to attack cops and have it trace back to you? There's IC implications of NCPD retaliating hard at least on gangs if the number of dead cops based on one faction goes too high. Why would a fixer actively targeting them as a whole (and not individual members for other reasons) be a difference?

All or none.

Yes, the approach to faction interactions or "rep" can be criticized, just want to mention that up front.

But the problem about the "all or none" expectation (as much as I would like to have "all") is that it cannot be expected. It couldn't be expected before release because it was made clear how the general gist would go down. But between "all" and "none" there is compromise. And "compromise" is better than "none".

I'd love to have some kind of bigger or medium DLC that heavily expands on interactions on all various factions you encounter, but given how the game is set up, among the favored factions is NCPD (over others) because of how you interact with various members. As fpr why, I would assume that you are not purposefully pitted against NCPD in general because of lore/story/plot reasons.

But I don't want to speculate about this too much here, and focus on the topic:

It's currently more attainable or expectable to get in "bed" with NCPD, maybe TT, maybe the Mox etc than some other factions like the Claws, Kang Tao, etc. Due to the side content available that usually puts you into an either neutral or supportive position with some groups and a more opposed role with others.

Thus the "mission goal" of this idea or thread didn't change, in fact it got perhaps supported unknowingly or knowingly. The idea isn't to "fully join" NCPD for that matter however, nor can we expect to "fully join" other notable factions unless the devs surprise us with a new DLC in that regard. Simulating a full faction interaction would be too much work and need main quest redesign. It's too much to ask for, in a nutshell, at least for existing factions who are notably tied into parts of the game.

But a soft or blending compromise of "quasi joining" parts of factions or working very deep/close with them like you were a part of this, this can still work. Or maybe I should speak about sub factions. The game even offers us to join MAX-TAC, with a little encounter or mission that is a clear nod to the old 2013 teaser where the very same cyberpsycho once running amok now works for MT and offers the protagonist a job. You also have relative pro-ties with the Mox as I understand it, and backed by certain missions. This could be expanded with future content, as well. Trauma Team, as another example, didn't appear much as opponent in the game. Another new possibility for side content and taking missions with them actively.

Alright, before this post explodes length-wise, my point is, there are some (sub)factions the player character can perfectly, "legit", join without having to rewrite key parts of the main quest or without it becoming conflicting. Here's three examples:

- Join MAX-TAC as offered and have a deeper approach to not just maybe repeatable missions, but deeper or slightly more action involved takes on cyberpsychosis, what it means to be human, etc. Plus earn unique items or money.
Does it break lore/plot? Don't think so. Apart from the protagonist dying and questioning the motivation, it seems clear that MAX-TAC directly recruits people and you don't need to be a cop with a career ladder. Maybe V wants to go out / live the rest with a bang. Or several.

- Join Trauma Team. Dangerous job, action, new side content or quest chain, maybe action and extraction/healing focused, maybe mini-plot beyond saving people or trying to. They likely look for skilled people and would surely hire / contract V for missions and deployments. Same as above in terms of lore or motivation.

- Join/help some gangs like the Mox, etc. The gang I fought the least or not at all were the Mox and you have quasi-ties to them through Judy and some side gigs. This could be expanded in some DLC somehow, but I'm not sure how. More missions or getting them clubs or property in which you profit somehow, literally and figuratively.

- Maybe flesh out Nomad clans, got no big experience on that front or end though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR: We be the big cop / MAX-TAC lobby, but wouldn't mind if other (sub)factions get expanded with side content or deeper ties to the main protagonist. Some obviously are fitting (MAX-TAX agent even offers you to join, but you cannot... yet :) ) or non-intrusive, others are more tricky and complicated / impossible. Like Arasaka, for obvious reasons.

The key idea is to please players and give them more things to do in the city, while also being able to deepen the ties they want with select groups.

I personally think it's great they picked this neutral to semi-friendly even if still distanced approach to NCPD as a whole because it makes this idea or "mission" even more feasible, at least for MAX-TAC. Besides maybe altering some dialogue or possible adding a fourth background it would fit in.

But time will tell, I suppose. Hope dies last.

the problem is, you can already mostly be cop. It would be low priority, but it wouldn't be horrible. I'd rather see something more different added though, like rockerboy or media mechanics. Or flesh out other areas of the game
Post automatically merged:

why would fixers terminate you for killing gangers? your job is to do as paid. The fixers have gang connections, but they also work against them when they feel like it. No fixer expects a mercenary to ignore a good payday unless they are paying them not to kill someone.

Last edited:
I love this idea!!! I wish we could get some of the cops black armor with NCPD on it and our own cop car. Need an assassins DLC, Police DLC, and becoming the Mayor of Night City (DLC).

Not opposed to V working with the police. Just opposed to V literally joining and becoming a member of the police, because it doesn't make any kind of sense based on what we know about the game's story so far. Not to mention technically difficult to implement given the already-dense nature of the game.

What Snowflakez said.

Though I don't expect to see such a DLC anytime soon, if at all, given the many issues with the base game that urgently need addressing.

I love this idea!!! I wish we could get some of the cops black armor with NCPD on it and our own cop car. Need an assassins DLC, Police DLC, and becoming the Mayor of Night City (DLC).

Heh -- it could echo the Nomad beginning:

V gets an armored, NCPD uniform. As he's leaving, the quartermaster calls him back. "Just one thing." The officer reaches out and rips the badge from V's jacket. "Don't start getting any ideas. You're still on your own."

V [Nomad]: "Yeah. So I keep hearing."

What Snowflakez said.

The actual main idea is to let you "quasi-join" - but the idea isn't to let you become a "rank and file" beat cop because yes, while the post you quoted was from before release and without knowing the full picture, it's even more so confirmed now because we have the full picture.

But in my eyes, it can still work - by putting you in the shoes of a position that is largely "loose", be it that "special investigator" or "quasi-Detective" of some kind that helps in cases or general work more closely than "just" a hired gun for a job...

... or by making you like a "Reservist" (MAX-TAC?) of sorts - and that would also basically result in a loose job.

The "loose job" aspect is needed to make it non-intrusive to the overall plot set in stone already. It doesn't work for all factions or positions therein, but for some. Right of the bat, some kind of special contractee for NCPD, a loose Detective of sorts working freely on some case or infiltration, MAX-TAC getting called (akin to a 'part time' voluntary fire fighter already in some other job with a pager who can respond to local fire alarms) in to a cyberpsycho case unfolding where you suit up and go meet your buddies or do it alone or, maybe, in similar fashion, Trauma Team.

The idea is to cover niche jobs or aspects that still fit into the lore while, at the same time, adding more gameplay options like some sort of repeatable quest chain or like 'radiant quests'. Alternatively in combination of a unique story plot or replaced by one.

Main idea is to add some immersion as well and cater to various players.

Though I don't expect to see such a DLC anytime soon, if at all, given the many issues with the base game that urgently need addressing.

Possible.

But it's a long-term hope and, assuming, that modding to make it possible won't be implemented to such a level. If no official content covers this, I'd take mods if the tools allow this to be made in turn. But even that would take a while.

I suppose we'll know more in the future about either case.

If all else fails, there's still the hope to cover or mind this for any next potential game.

“- Bryant: Stop right where you are! You know the score, pal You're not cop, you're little people!
- Deckard: No choice, huh?
- Bryant: No choice, pal.”

I spend way too much time tracking down Cyberspsychos for Regina as it is. I want to be an outlaw merc, not a crossing guard.

No thanks.

why only normal police pursuing the player?
why not MAXTACs too? or pursuing cyberpsychos all over the cith
with flying cars, it would be awesome

Time to dust off this topic a bit. Might update the OP in the near or far future, as the game has been out for a while, meaning the focus would now shift to mods or DLC.

And this is exactly the bump reason: Ringing the bell a bit to generate some interest. After revisiting NC recently and feeling initially a tad disappointed, I'm now more so a believer in the "No Man's Sky" approach and that some initial sour responses can be overshadowed by solid post-release fixing and content addition - and mods of course.

So in the spirit of the thread and now resumed promotion, this is both a call to the developers (who, granted, may be a bit more restrained in certain freedoms to take) and especially the modding community for solid tools or content.

I personally still think the best ways are either (if tools permit) a mod like roughly from GTA 4 or 5 (LC/LSPD:FR) or, if mods don't permit that depth of modding, something the devs could maybe do. I'll avoid detailed spoilers but there's a quest in the game bringing you close to a certain type of unit. They even offer you to join - but you either say no or say you think about it, which is a bummer.

All we'd need is either solid modding tools to allow us a different choice there, or what I can only assume might be "medium" official dev work to continue this as a 'quest line' of sorts to let you join and do a set of unique and then radial quests with some gear. You'd officially be part of the unit, but wouldn't go around and write parking tickets of course.

The best way to give some players what they might've hoped or look for without being intrusive to the main story or so at all. You'd be V, but have a certain special side job or like almost a sort of 'reservist' role in that unit and could take their jobs when you see fit - and get some additional gear and maybe comments from civilians / others when you wear said gear.

That's basically it, the most feasible way to realize some of the ideas of this thread. This could be covered in any notable content update for the game or as part of any DLC to be released.

Top Bottom