Cyberfallout

+
I wont lie, I'm new to CP universe, I mean iv heard about it, but never dig in to it. While playing CP77 I started to get some Fallout vibes. The world I see here is something I was imaging 15 years ago while playing original Fallouts, world of Fallout before bombs fell. Well maybe not something accurate in 100% but I would say its pretty close to my vision back then.

In Fallout 1 main menu background you can see those huge buildings, not something you see in game but it gave me some impression of pre war world. In CP we have this megabuildings, scale is comparable, maybe not the architecture. However I must admit some skyscrapers from Fallout 4 could easily fit in to Night City.

Corporations in Fallout where powerful, maybe to not the same extent as in CP but still. Poseidon Oil, West Tek, Vault-Tec, General Atomics. Main difference is that the US Government was the main boogie man. In CP governments seem to be on corpo payroll.

Whole felling of the world that's about to burn. Pre War world of Fallout universe gave me that felling of impending doom. Nuclear War was just one of the outcomes. New Plague, Resource War in Europe, shortages of food and fuel. It had to fall one way or another. In CP with all its problems I'm getting the same felling. Its even in worse state that pre war Fallout was.

Even cybernetic implants is something that is shared by both universes, Biggest difference I see is that technology in Fallout is still analog where in CP its digital.

Im wondering if its me or there are others who get this Cyberfallout vibes? :)

Not really. Fallout's pre-war setting was 50s futurism, so best case I'd call it atompunk; separate genre. That said I wouldn't really attribute anything-punk to Fallout's pre-war. That setting, even among its most vocal outcasts of the time, was very much a pro-conformity setting, and any semblance of rebellion didn't enter the picture until after the world was already destroyed. A hallmark of cyberpunk is 80s grunge-futurism, heavy eastern (especially Japanese) cultural assimilation, and open rebellion in the streets. Fallout was 50s consumerism, toxic nationalism, and dogmatic conformity. They are basically opposites.

Man, don’t even say it. If only this game was something even close to Fallout or Fallout 2. That’d been something to stop the press’. :D

Both games are retro-futuristic. Fallout based in the 1950's while Cyberpunk based in the 1980's. Both games have an over-emphasis on loot, with Fallout 4 doing it really really badly. You can get a dog pet i Fallout, a cat pet in Cyberpunk. Beyond that, not vibing in the same way as you do.

Both games are retro-futuristic. Fallout based in the 1950's while Cyberpunk based in the 1980's. Both games have an over-emphasis on loot, with Fallout 4 doing it really really badly. You can get a dog pet i Fallout, a cat pet in Cyberpunk. Beyond that, not vibing in the same way as you do.

but the dog in fallout 4 conspires to kill you

2077 indeed...
2077.png

Yep, pretty sure CBP2077 (in modern times using the letters C and P together for an abbreviation is problematic) also includes nuclear war in its lore. Even if it wasn't nuclear, there are plenty of post-apocalyptic tropes that many games embrace.

Top Bottom